Sign in to follow this  
Aodan

Activate trigger?

I've been trying for a while now, i set a way point my clicking on my Cobra, then to the enemies i want to destroy (On the map editor), i make a trigger, sync it to the way point, assign it radio alpha and AIR SUPPORT, but when i start the game on a hill to watch the fireworks, my helicopter just takes off without me telling it to. any ideas?

thats a classic, give heli a name and write in init of heli

heliname setfuel 0

and in the trigger

heliname setfuel 1

hard to fly without fuel, so they have to wait

i usually use an empty heli and trigger the pilots to get in when i need them, but fuel works also pretty nice.

Ok ill try that. thanks!

---------- Post added at 02:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 PM ----------

Umm, that didnt work. Can you please be more spcific about what to type in on the Cobra init and the trigger condition?

you should make 2 waypoints, one move waypoint very close to the chopper, then the destroy waypoint. Synchronize the trigger with the move waypoint.

explanation:

Synchronising a trigger with a waypoint makes the unit move to that waypoint and then wait untill the trigger is activated before going to the next waypoint.

Instead using the setfuel command I would use the new enableSimulation command:

Give the helicopter a name: here we use helo1

In the helicopters initialization line type: helo1 enableSimulation false

This keep the helicopter on ground with the AI unable to start the engines and move.

When you want the helicopter start moving type in a trigger (or script):

helo1 enableSimulation true