Sign in to follow this  
rubberkite

Warfare Tournament (BE) - Rubber Edition

This mission is a Team Vs Team Challenge oriented Warfare, based on Benny Edition.

wf2.jpg

Without Benny and all people that have worked on ( BE ) this mission should'nt be ever released.

I write down all news in the armaholic forum so I don't need to update both forum

here is the link: http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=9786

Edited by Rubberkite
release BE057-01R

while I think it's a good idea to make warfare work with more human players, I'm a bit disappointed by the _complete_ lack of AI under the players command. Ok, maybe this version is not my cup of tea (quite likely, hehe), on the other hand if you coud give each player at least the capacity of a fireteam, that may be a good compromise. This would allow for a 4x fireteam (player plus 3 AI) and the operation of one vehicle (mbt and similar) or two light vehicles (humvee and stuff).

Commanding his own squad (or fireteam) in pvp multiplayer is half of what makes warefare so great. Though that's just my opinion.

hi mate,

I don't understand what you means !

I never said that you can't recuit ai soldier !

In the default starting parameter i set it to max 10 AI to each player that is really enought

you can move 2 tank and 1/2 suppport unit and also place 2 Ai near the base that is really really really important now create a good defense around it, because u can't move it after deploy, You'll need 15.000 supply to move it again, I've made this change to avoid the hiding of warfare building on the whole map without defenses.

Now you must build base in strategic place and fight hard to defend it

So I don't see any reason to remove AI to player.. Each player in warfare is a Team Group Leader !

so I don't understand your words: by the _complete_ lack of Ai under the players command!

I call it PVP Enanched for the changes that I've made to the base defence and the "shorten" war theater with less and closer cities!

Read the changelog where I've written that I've removed AI under players control ;)

I'm working to new release with some tweak and settings we will test it and release in this week.

I'm also working to a Saharani United release.... I'm really happy to play again on that outstanding island....

stay tuned ....

ah, sorry for jumping to conclusions then. (I happend to join a server running this map a day ago or two, where the parameters were set to no-ai for the players... questioned the guys there what's up with that and I somehow concluded that this is part of the concept. Well, I'm glad it isn't. hehe)

btw. have you tought about getting rid of the neutral ai occupants alltogether as means of lessening the server-load? More pvp (including ai of players), less coop. Early (in game/mission) warefare IMHO playes too much like coop, wipe towns after towns until someone finally meets an enemy player. Maybe divide all towns equally to both sides at the beginning as an option/parameter. Another one could define if two cohesive territories are generated or if towns are distributed more randomly.

Edited by ruebe

ah, sorry for jumping to conclusions then. (I happend to join a server running this map a day ago or two, where the parameters were set to no-ai for the players... questioned the guys there what's up with that and I somehow concluded that this is part of the concept. Well, I'm glad it isn't. hehe)

btw. have you tought about getting rid of the neutral ai occupants alltogether as means of lessening the server-load? More pvp (including ai of players), less coop. Early (in game/mission) warefare IMHO playes too much like coop, wipe towns after towns until someone finally meets an enemy player. Maybe divide all towns equally to both sides at the beginning as an option/parameter. Another one could define if two cohesive territories are generated or if towns are distributed more randomly.

Don't worry, probably I make a mistake using the word PVP in the screenshots, so for next release I change it on simply tournament edition.

The changelog is really long and our work to tweak this mission was really hard, we try and test what's overpowered and try to find a solution.

In the standard BE if you leave the AI with command interface, all tanks for red and all tanks for blue, the blue take 9 city vs 6/7 red, due to tank price and effective "battle power".

The default setting are ready for tournament, I will release a new version late in the week, it's ready but we want to test 10vs10 after release.

You can change parameter as you prefer, there is a parameter to define the starting town, that already do what you ask for.

default = all town are neutral

splitted = 50% town for each side ( this is the most PVP setting that you can chose )

near = only the town near spawn point are under your occupation.

try it, download mission and you can also try those setting offline on your pc just to know how they works

Great mission!

It is really much more intense & action-packed than other versions.

A new standard map for our community server! :)

Thanks for sharing

&

cheers,

D.

Thank you Dimitri :)

here is new release 04R

changelog:

Changelog / Features: 04R

- Removed AI Heli squads ( due to possible exploit with pick lock and due to stupid AI take off that could destroy base structures )

- Colored Action for Special Skill

- Flag near town with max supply points that you can get from (more sv = more difficoulties )

- Nizhnoye City Depot moved near the harbor

- Upgrade time for gear decreased

- All upgrade time decreased of 10 second

- UAV moved to AF1 and cost decreased to 10.000$

- Supply income ratio increased for faster supply grown ( now every 40 second instead of 60 we save 1 minute every 3 )

- Default parameter chages: death corpse removed after 120 sec and vehicles after 30 minutes I've reduced these times to improve mission stability

- Added wheeled armed vheicle to both side at spawn point near MHQ

download

Hi Rubberkite,

I Like the mission set up it's pretty cool. I played with the defaults and enjoyed a very long game :D

Reverse Thrust now that was cool.

A couple of problems I noticed:

1)Airbase to upper left Lapatino I think. You have put a main camp right in front of the hanger. I built an A10 with bots and they went straight into it. Maybe adjust the hanger a bit or the camp.

2)The bots spawn off an island southeast not all just 1 to 3 ?? I have to re-spawn them because they just sit there or try to swim.

3)The loading times are really really long but they do load eventually. I'm glad that at least it saves. My hard driver has been defraged in case you were wondering.

Has been a while since the last post just thought I would thank you.

Edited by luap

this is a good idea but like most ideas it only looks good on paper.

you cant have a PVP with uneven weapons and equipment, both sides have good and bad, you would need to play any map 3/5 times to get any real result and find some way of making it a level and even playing field, ie swapping sides and places on map which would then make the need to play each map position twice, which would then mean you'd be playing somewhere in the region of 8 games and up.

In my opinion if you wanted to do a true Tournament Warfare Game, you need to create 2 sides with exactly the same number and type of equipment (and i dont just mean make 1 side with just Russian or American equipment, chose a random selection from both sides, for both sides) and then chose 2 start points and alternate them ( to even any benefit gained from terrain placement although it wouldnt stop a Commander from moving anywhere else on map)