Sign in to follow this  
zoog

ArmA 2 + FreeTrack software (crash at launch)

I hope this is still considered for posting in this section because FreeTrack is "officially" supported for ArmA 2. Otherwise, I'm sorry for mis-posting mods :)

When the FreeTrack software is running (tracking or not tracking, doesn't matter) I get the following crash at launch (from the RPT file):

Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 004E5278

Version 1.05.62017

Fault address: 004E5278 01:000E4278 C:\Games\ArmA 2\arma2.exe

file:

world:

Prev. code bytes: AB 00 F3 0F 11 45 EC D9 45 EC DB 5D E8 8B 45 E8

Fault code bytes: 01 47 28 8B 0D 5C D7 BE 00 8B 01 53 56 8D 55 BC

Registers:

EAX:00000052 EBX:00000000

ECX:00000000 EDX:00B3CA0C

ESI:016DF99C EDI:00000000

CS:EIP:0023:004E5278

SS:ESP:002B:016DF4C8 EBP:016DF910

DS:002B ES:002B FS:0053 GS:002B

Flags:00010246

Without the FreeTrack software it runs well, and when I launch the software after I've launched ArmA 2 the game keeps running. But about every minute I get thrown to desktop and the FreeTrack software is visibile one milisecond. Then I need to click ArmA in the taskbar again to go back in game. This keeps happening every time.

If I start A2 with freetrack running in the background it always crashes the first time I run the executable (just after its checked the little square boxes), second and subsequent instances work fine though. My arma2 is perfectly stable with freetrack once it has loaded.

If I close and restart freetrack it will force the 1st instance of arma2 to crash again.

Strange, for me it keeps crashing and crashing over again and over again. But yesterday I had 1 time that it didn't crash, but as soon as I was playing I was back to desktop after ~ 1 or 2 minutes (with arma still running, so no crash to desktop). Seems like the FT software forces itself to restore from system tray and go back to system tray very quickly, which kicks me out of A2.

My freetrack minimises itself to the system tray after a couple of minutes idle, not had it revert back again though:confused:

Perhaps if you set freetrack to not minimise to the system tray it will stop it pulling focus away from arma.

Nice mate, I think you've found the problem! I turned off 'auto-minimize' and I tested for 5 minutes and it all seems to work so far! I guess that the auto minimizing caused Windows to go back to desktop or something, but I didn't think about the global settings to disable it. I assume it's fixed now, will test some more tonight.

Thanks! :D

If I start A2 with freetrack running in the background it always crashes the first time I run the executable (just after its checked the little square boxes), second and subsequent instances work fine though. My arma2 is perfectly stable with freetrack once it has loaded.

If I close and restart freetrack it will force the 1st instance of arma2 to crash again.

I get this too, exactly as described. No-one know of a workaround?

Ive not found one as of yet, I just restart arma once the 1st process has failed, only takes a few seconds to crash anyways :)

A minor annoyance but not that bad.

ummmm not sure if ya figured this out i run arma with freetrack 2.2 and never had it crash.

you are meant to minimize freetrack before you start a game any way if that is the issue.

Exactly the same issue, Steam version, Combined operations.