Sign in to follow this  
Airwolf

Ofp early early beta screenshots?

I remember seeing some early early maybee even alpha version screen shots of ofp, the people looked way different, the screen layout was different, the hud looked odd and was in a different place and their early version of the cobra was black, does anyone know where i can get these early early early screenshots of ofp?

There were two early versions of the OFP-engine that you could download. One version from 96(rio grande) and another from 97(Poseidon)...

I have them both but I dont remeber were I got them from.

73.jpg

Hm. This explosion looks better than todays explosions.

0018.jpg

This one looks like an apache. BIS secrets i guess. confused.gif

Had to dig right down into the News Archive for these.

Rio Grande

This was one of the first playable builds. It's not more than a test made in the early years of BIS (1996). You get to fly an F-14 around a very small river valley. The controls are very simplistic and it has no collision detection what so ever

Right Alt' to bring up a menu where you can set resolution and various other GFX options

http://www.gamez.cz/file/demo_g/1996_Rio_Grande.zip

Poseidon

This build is somewhat more recent (1997). You fly a Cobra attack helicopter around a much bigger map. Even though you can tell the graphics have been improved alot since Rio Grande, it still doesnt look near as good as OFP does today

Press 'F12' to increase the resolution (higher resolutions will run slower)

http://www.gamez.cz/file/demo_g/1997_Dawn_of_Flashpoint.zip

You're right, the explosions looks better in the beta version, The explosions in the complete version sucks,

2 Kegetys

I had no idea that we had those screenshots on our site tounge.gif

I probably should search through it might find something cool! tounge.gif

And I really really want that car!!!! Screw the trains!! I want that car!!! The model is ready anyway!!

And question to BIS:

Why did u change those explosions?

Isn't it Aston Martin, hmm I can see it already; New OFP campaign adventures of 007 tounge.gif

Lol, oh yea. All the people of Everon dipped in with their life savings and bought the car for the Mayor.

alot of stuff looksbetter than it does now. the player model of tha guy landing on the beach with the LST in the background looks awesome.

Im not sure if the explosions were better... The might look good in the screenshots, but im sure that in action they would look pretty much crap, as those beta explosions seem just to be billboarded, animated textures, and thus they would propably look flat and ugly in motion. The current explosions are particle based and are much more "3D" than those.

Hey, thanks for all the screenshots, i figured since i play the game and i really love it i should know its history.

Actually why not make current explosions a different colour like in Napalm addon?

The will still be 3D but gonna look much better

Cause the colour that we have now is not really realistic

i wonder... that dawn of flashpoint has an interesting world to fly in.. those buildings and it has bridges... would the wrp file work in current ofp?