Page 27 of 48 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: RCon server administration coming to ArmA 2!

I will see what I can do, ati.

Today ArmA 2 RCon 1.5 released! I added 2 new features:
    • Player database
    • Auto refresh

If you like this tool and want to support further development, please donate to paypal [at] forgesoft.net (see donation link in the program menu).
    Thanks!
    ArmA 2 RCon GUI 1.8 *NEW*:
    http://dev-heaven.net/projects/rcon

ArmA 2 AddonSigner *NEW*:
    https://dev-heaven.net/projects/addon-signer

Quote Originally Posted by Soner View Post
    I will see what I can do, ati.

Today ArmA 2 RCon 1.5 released! I added 2 new features:
    • Player database
    • Auto refresh

If you like this tool and want to support further development, please donate to paypal [at] forgesoft.net (see donation link in the program menu).
    Thanks!
    here u have the exact download link.

http://dev-heaven.net/attachments/do.../ArmA2RCon.zip

i attached a small readme to the file.

Well, last version working for me was 1.3. Version 1.4 just crashed everytime i tried to connect.
    In the latest version I get this error if I try to connect to the Linux server:
    Invalid memory access
    Code:-1073741819
    Code Address: $771120CB
    TargetAddress: $0
    SourceCode line: 1180

Windows 7 pro, tried run it as adminisrator too.
    Could you help me please?
    [PH] Eldo

$able, it seems that the ban reason part of a bans.txt file gets truncated to 31 characters when it is transfered to the RCon client. For example, if the bans.txt file on the server contains this line:
    Code:
    11112222333344445555666677778888 -1 Silly person ruining the game for others
    ...then, when querying for the ban list using the RCon bans command, you'll only recieve the following:
    Code:
    GUID Bans:
    [#] [GUID] [Minutes left] [Reason]
    ----------------------------------------
    0  11112222333344445555666677778888 perm Silly person ruining the game f
    Is that a bug or a feature? (BE server v1.113)

EDIT It may also be a 72-characters-per-line limit in the list that's sent back when you issue the bans command
    Last edited by Killswitch; Dec 20 2010 at 20:35.
    When life gives you lemonade, make lemons.

I have tried every trick listed here to get the rcon working, yet continually get "could not connect"

Frustratingly I have had this working on other servers in the past !

It is beyond me how there are no decent comprehensive instructions for Battle Eye or for any of the GUIs.

$able - Can you please explain in one comprehensive page the instructions for getting this installed and working. It seems reading all 27 pages that a lot of things have changed and some pages even contradict each other. If I could just get the official version connected it would be a start.

It seems that most confusion is over where to place the beserver.cfg dependant on where your profile leads. I appreciate you have explained this somewhat here but and example would help a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by UGLY58 View Post
    It seems that most confusion is over where to place the beserver.cfg dependant on where your profile leads.
    The first post phrases it like this:
    All you have to do to enable it is creating a BEServer.cfg file in your BattlEye working directory (in the application data / profiles / BEpath folder, not the install folder)
    This then begs the question of where "the BattlEye working directory" is. The parenthesis in the quote suggests it has to do with something called the application data folder or the profiles folder or the BEPath folder. A further question arises - what are these three?

The BattlEye working directory is a folder named BattlEye in one of two places:
    • The ArmA II application data folder
      • In Windows Vista, 7 and 2008, that's the path given by %LOCALAPPDATA%\ArmA 2 for ArmA II and %LOCALAPPDATA%\ArmA 2 OA for the Arrowhead dedi. A typical value is C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\ArmA 2.
      • In Windows XP and 2003, the application data folder is %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\ArmA 2. A typical example is C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application data\ArmA 2.
      These locations are the default and are used if you launch the dedicated server without using either the -profiles or -BEpath launch parameters.
    • The path given as the -profiles=... startup parameter used when launching the ArmA II dedi. If, for example, you would launch the ArmA II OA dedicated server using
      Code:
      arma2oaserver.exe -profiles=D:\Games\ArmA2
      then the BattlEye working directory would be D:\Games\ArmA2\BattlEye

You can also specify the BattlEye working directory directly using the startup parameter -BEpath. Example:
    Code:
    arma2oaserver.exe -BEpath=D:\MyBattlEye
    In this case, the BattlEye working directory will be D:\MyBattlEye.

Here are examples of the full paths to the beserver.cfg file for a few different cases. The examples assume that the username of the user that will run the servers is "jimbob". "ArmA II" means running the arma2server.exe whereas "Arma II OA" means you're launching arma2oaserver.exe

• ArmA II, Windows 7/Vista/2008, default:
      Code:
      C:\Users\jimbob\AppData\Local\ArmA 2\BattlEye\beserver.cfg
    • ArmA II OA, Windows 7/Vista/2008, default:
      Code:
      C:\Users\jimbob\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA\BattlEye\beserver.cfg
    • ArmA II, Windows XP, default:
      Code:
      C:\Documents and Settings\jimbob\Local Settings\Application data\ArmA 2\BattlEye\beserver.cfg
    • ArmA II OA, Windows XP, default:
      Code:
      C:\Documents and Settings\jimbob\Local Settings\Application data\ArmA 2 OA\BattlEye\beserver.cfg
    • Any ArmA II, any Windows, -profile=D:\profiles:
      Code:
      D:\profiles\BattlEye\beserver.cfg

For Linux dedicated servers, the default locations are:
    • For the ArmA II dedi, it's ./battleye
    • For the ArmA II OA dedi, it's ./expansion/battleye
    Last edited by Killswitch; Dec 20 2010 at 23:08.

Killswitch,

Thank you, a comprehensive instruction at last

However it didn`t cure my particular issue, but at least I am now confident I have the beserver.cfg in the right place.

I now however get a Battleye Server: Unknown Command message on startup, I only have the RConPassword XXXXXX in the beserver.cfg
    Last edited by UGLY58; Dec 20 2010 at 23:17.

BattlEye Developer
    Author of the Thread
    I now however get a Battleye Server: Unknown Command message on startup, I only have the RConPassword XXXXXX in the beserver.cfg
    Try to re-create the beserver.cfg, maybe there is some weird hidden character in there.

Quote Originally Posted by $able View Post
    Try to re-create the beserver.cfg, maybe there is some weird hidden character in there.
    Same problem here

---------- Post added at 18:14 ---------- Previous post was at 18:05 ----------

Killswitch,

Thank you, a comprehensive instruction at last

However it didn`t cure my particular issue, but at least I am now confident I have the beserver.cfg in the right place.

Hi.

I also have he same problem Battleye Server: Unknown Command message

ArmA 3: (Steam)
    Take On Helicopters (Steam)
    ArmA 2: Army of the Czech Republic (Steam)
    ArmA 2: Private Military Company (Steam)
    ArmA 2: British Armed Forces (Steam)
    ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead (Steam)
    ArmA 2: (Steam)
    ArmA: Gold Edition (Steam)
    ArmA: Cold War Assault (Steam)
    Operation Flashpoint: GOTY

My System:
    Spoiler:

Page 27 of 48 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast