Sign in to follow this  
$able

RCon server administration coming to ArmA 2!

Hmm,

it seems that Battleye is sending all data correctly whereas the arma 2 server itself is not.:confused:

I can open the program fine, but I have a new problem for you

As soon as I connect I see the player list for a split second, then it disappears. I click refresh and it does the same thing.

I took a video so you could see it:

have you run the program as admin?

I also have a question?

Is there any special thing to do for a Linux server (ubuntu 10.x). server works is tracked by gametracker and gamespy with no problems but i cant connect with the RCon tool

i have a folder inside the:

Arma2\battleye\beserver.so

Arma2\battleye\beserver.cfg

Containing:

RConPassword 1234

Maxping 300

be = 1 in server.cfg

port is forwarded in router

Edited by larsiano

Hmm,

it seems that Battleye is sending all data correctly whereas the arma 2 server itself is not.:confused:

weird... w/e the cause is, I hope it gets fixed.

OK,

i uploaded the alpha version of V. 1.5. Now the player list should not be get cleared at least. Hope it works now. If so do you get "Waiting for response" messages?

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/rcon/files

Is there any special thing to do for a Linux server (ubuntu 10.x). server works is tracked by gametracker and gamespy with no problems but i cant connect with the RCon tool

Which RCon tool? Did you try to connect with BERCon?

Edited by Soner

Yes i tried with ArmA 2 RCon GUI 1.3 /1.4 that works nice for my windows server but not on the linux machine mssg: cannot connect

I also have a question?

i have a folder inside the:

Arma2\battleye\beserver.so

Arma2\battleye\beserver.cfg

Containing:

RConPassword 1234

Maxping 300

be = 1 in server.cfg

port is forwarded in router

Is this an OA server? If so, put the beserver.cfg into .\expansion\battleye.

Hi Soner,

Thanks for the Gui RCon tool.

What planes do you have in the future for this tool ? As someone else has mentioned adding a admin chat feature would be terrific if possible.

Edited by luap

Hi luap,

thanks for your kind words.

Well I am currently working on V. 1.5 final which will enable the user to store all player data contained in the player list in a sql database. So you will be able to track player activities on your server or just create statistics.

As someone else has mentioned adding a admin chat feature would be terrific if possible.

I am not sure but I think that there is currently no server command supporting this feature.

Is this an OA server? If so, put the beserver.cfg into .\expansion\battleye.

No this is a standard 26slots Arm2 server named: Battlegroup-=XTRA=-Arma2. But what im wondering is if BE reads from the Arma2 game folder? (In windows this is a different folder). And if Linux can read the 'RConPassword' with the capitols this might not be right?

No this is a standard 26slots Arm2 server named: Battlegroup-=XTRA=-Arma2. But what im wondering is if BE reads from the Arma2 game folder? (In windows this is a different folder). And if Linux can read the 'RConPassword' with the capitols this might not be right?

The capitals aren't a problem. Are you sure the file name is lower-case though, i.e. "beserver.cfg"?

I will see what I can do, ati.

Today ArmA 2 RCon 1.5 released! I added 2 new features:

• Player database
  • Auto refresh

If you like this tool and want to support further development, please donate to paypal [at] forgesoft.net (see donation link in the program menu).

Thanks!

I will see what I can do, ati.

Today ArmA 2 RCon 1.5 released! I added 2 new features:

• Player database
  • Auto refresh

If you like this tool and want to support further development, please donate to paypal [at] forgesoft.net (see donation link in the program menu).

Thanks!

here u have the exact download link.

http://dev-heaven.net/attachments/download/9758/ArmA2RCon.zip

i attached a small readme to the file.

Well, last version working for me was 1.3. Version 1.4 just crashed everytime i tried to connect.

In the latest version I get this error if I try to connect to the Linux server:

Invalid memory access

Code:-1073741819

Code Address: $771120CB

TargetAddress: $0

SourceCode line: 1180

Windows 7 pro, tried run it as adminisrator too.

Could you help me please?

$able, it seems that the ban reason part of a bans.txt file gets truncated to 31 characters when it is transfered to the RCon client. For example, if the bans.txt file on the server contains this line:

11112222333344445555666677778888 -1 Silly person ruining the game for others

...then, when querying for the ban list using the RCon bans command, you'll only recieve the following:

GUID Bans:
[#] [GUID] [Minutes left] [Reason]
----------------------------------------
0  11112222333344445555666677778888 perm Silly person ruining the game f

Is that a bug or a feature? (BE server v1.113)

EDIT It may also be a 72-characters-per-line limit in the list that's sent back when you issue the bans command

Edited by Killswitch

I have tried every trick listed here to get the rcon working, yet continually get "could not connect"

Frustratingly I have had this working on other servers in the past !

It is beyond me how there are no decent comprehensive instructions for Battle Eye or for any of the GUIs.

$able - Can you please explain in one comprehensive page the instructions for getting this installed and working. It seems reading all 27 pages that a lot of things have changed and some pages even contradict each other. If I could just get the official version connected it would be a start.

It seems that most confusion is over where to place the beserver.cfg dependant on where your profile leads. I appreciate you have explained this somewhat here but and example would help a lot.

It seems that most confusion is over where to place the beserver.cfg dependant on where your profile leads.
The first post phrases it like this:
All you have to do to enable it is creating a BEServer.cfg file in your BattlEye working directory (in the application data / profiles / BEpath folder, not the install folder)
This then begs the question of where "the BattlEye working directory" is. The parenthesis in the quote suggests it has to do with something called the application data folder or the profiles folder or the BEPath folder. A further question arises - what are these three?

The BattlEye working directory is a folder named BattlEye in one of two places:

• The ArmA II application data folder
    • In Windows Vista, 7 and 2008, that's the path given by %LOCALAPPDATA%\ArmA 2 for ArmA II and %LOCALAPPDATA%\ArmA 2 OA for the Arrowhead dedi. A typical value is C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\ArmA 2.
    • In Windows XP and 2003, the application data folder is %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\ArmA 2. A typical example is C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application data\ArmA 2.

These locations are the default and are used if you launch the dedicated server without using either the -profiles or -BEpath launch parameters.

[*] The path given as the -profiles=... startup parameter used when launching the ArmA II dedi. If, for example, you would launch the ArmA II OA dedicated server using

arma2oaserver.exe -profiles=D:\Games\ArmA2

then the BattlEye working directory would be D:\Games\ArmA2\BattlEye

You can also specify the BattlEye working directory directly using the startup parameter -BEpath. Example:

arma2oaserver.exe -BEpath=D:\MyBattlEye

In this case, the BattlEye working directory will be D:\MyBattlEye.

Here are examples of the full paths to the beserver.cfg file for a few different cases. The examples assume that the username of the user that will run the servers is "jimbob". "ArmA II" means running the arma2server.exe whereas "Arma II OA" means you're launching arma2oaserver.exe

• ArmA II, Windows 7/Vista/2008, default:
    C:\Users\jimbob\AppData\Local\ArmA 2\BattlEye\beserver.cfg

• ArmA II OA, Windows 7/Vista/2008, default:
    C:\Users\jimbob\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA\BattlEye\beserver.cfg

• ArmA II, Windows XP, default:
    C:\Documents and Settings\jimbob\Local Settings\Application data\ArmA 2\BattlEye\beserver.cfg

• ArmA II OA, Windows XP, default:
    C:\Documents and Settings\jimbob\Local Settings\Application data\ArmA 2 OA\BattlEye\beserver.cfg

• Any ArmA II, any Windows, -profile=D:\profiles:
    D:\profiles\BattlEye\beserver.cfg

For Linux dedicated servers, the default locations are:

• For the ArmA II dedi, it's ./battleye
  • For the ArmA II OA dedi, it's ./expansion/battleye

Edited by Killswitch

Killswitch,

Thank you, a comprehensive instruction at last :)

However it didn`t cure my particular issue, but at least I am now confident I have the beserver.cfg in the right place.

I now however get a Battleye Server: Unknown Command message on startup, I only have the RConPassword XXXXXX in the beserver.cfg

Edited by UGLY58

I now however get a Battleye Server: Unknown Command message on startup, I only have the RConPassword XXXXXX in the beserver.cfg

Try to re-create the beserver.cfg, maybe there is some weird hidden character in there.

Try to re-create the beserver.cfg, maybe there is some weird hidden character in there.

Same problem here :(

---------- Post added at 18:14 ---------- Previous post was at 18:05 ----------

Killswitch,

Thank you, a comprehensive instruction at last :)

However it didn`t cure my particular issue, but at least I am now confident I have the beserver.cfg in the right place.

Hi.

I also have he same problem Battleye Server: Unknown Command message

$able,

Done but with no luck, still getting: could not connect!

10:17:56 Dedicated host created.

10:17:57 BattlEye Server: Initialized (v1.113)

10:17:58 Host identity created.

10:17:58 BattlEye Server: Unknown command

Server start up message showing unknown command.

I have tried both original RCon and GUIs no luck.

$able,

Done but with no luck, still getting: could not connect!

10:17:56 Dedicated host created.

10:17:57 BattlEye Server: Initialized (v1.113)

10:17:58 Host identity created.

10:17:58 BattlEye Server: Unknown command

Server start up message showing unknown command.

I have tried both original RCon and GUIs no luck.

Same here... did exactly the same as UGLY58...

Edit: unrelated issue with IP address.

Edited by Jest

@UGLY58

Problem solved :p

You need to use your external IP(Your ISP IP) to connect to your Arma 2 server with RCon.

I don't know why you can't connect from your own local network with your local IP using RCon.... i can join my own arma 2 server using local ip here, but for some reason this is not working with RCon...

@Jest... No problem here with the new arma 2 update and the new Battleye

Cheers

I have noticet that the arma 2 rcon tool does not refresh after some time seems like that it disconnects its self. i dident edit the settings.ini file or something !