Sign in to follow this  
$able

RCon server administration coming to ArmA 2!

Well, last version working for me was 1.3. Version 1.4 just crashed everytime i tried to connect.

In the latest version I get this error if I try to connect to the Linux server:

Invalid memory access

Code:-1073741819

Code Address: $771120CB

TargetAddress: $0

SourceCode line: 1180

Windows 7 pro, tried run it as adminisrator too.

Could you help me please?

Well, it is working now. The problem was solved by setting "windows XP SP3 compatibility mode".

I am using art of war central for my arma 2 server. I have tried to get rcon to work and have them do it but they have no idea. I think they are running windows 2008. How to i get it to work so i can use rcon. Here is a screen shot of the ftp.

serverv.jpg

its real simple for AOW server: make a file called : BEServer.cfg in the battleye folder (i think it was the one in the temp folder or users) and make sure it has this in the file:

RConPassword 123456youpassword789

Maxping 400

i made an alternative Battleye rcon client.

it works by using the chatline.

basicly you will have BE power on the chatline.

da346eff6b9d412bb2fd8555b36499c9.jpg

722827bffc16c0b1efbb283e610b8eff.jpg

f1011c9e4462597209a0060100ecf9b1.jpg

still needs a bit more development before a release can be done.

its written in python so it should work in both windows and linux.

altho its not tested on linux yet.

this is a server application only. no need to install anything as a client.

admin premissions are checked on the server. only admins listed in the auth file will be able to issue commands.

autokicks on bad languages. this can be enabled,its optional

you can also enable a autokick function on none english/latin words. like cyrillic

this is enabled in a config file, also optional

altho im going to create a exe version for windows instead of a bunch of *.py files

more to come soon

Edited by nuxil

i made an alternative Battleye rcon client.

Very good! That what I need)

GJ!

indeed

im suprised none of these excellent rcons have some kind of chat messaging capabilities yet

i dont know how to do any of this but i didnt think it would be that hard, see'ing as we can already send global messages throo BE when we kick or ban somone, cant it just work off that system to send BE messages?

anyhoo keep up the good work with the Rcon's

indeed

im suprised none of these excellent rcons have some kind of chat messaging capabilities yet

i dont know how to do any of this but i didnt think it would be that hard

Sending messages throught BE is beeing worked on. but according to able. no eta on it.

its already possible to send messages from the server using packet injection. but that is something most people want to avoid.

and most people dont know how to do that. and is not really a optimal solution.

I am at a loss. I use Art of War central and have tried virtually everything. I have put the BEServer.cfg file with the corret information in both the battleye folder and the expansions/battleye folder and not luck. I have tried using the 123456youpassword789 deal. No luck. I have use both the .9 version of bercon and version 5. I continue to the the "could not connet" message. I have no clue what I am doing wrong here. I have searched the web as well. Can anyone that uses Art of War servers please help. This is driving me nuts. I have also tried running as admin with both progams. I tried changing the combatibilty modes as well. I do use a router. Could this be the problem? Thank you all for your efforts. I patiently wait for a genius to help me out. Thank you again.

Nuke

I have. Thank you very much. No luck though. I have a AOW central tech working on the problem now. You would think he has ran across this issue before. We will see. Thank you PvPscene for the reply.

Nuke

No worries Nuke. It's quite hard to get it working - thanks to Killswitch the BIKI page has a

guide that works for most at least.

Here is the response I got from the AOWCentral tech.

AoWC Farchord has added the following comment to this ticket on 2/16/2011 5:02:06 PM:

RE:Battleye RCon

Well I tried everything now.... a .cfg at the root of the server... a .cfg in the battleye folder and a cfg in the Expansion/battleye, not sure what else to try"

The expansion\battleye folder is where the server cmd line is pointed to. Here is the line..
BEpath=C:\game\xxxxxxxx\GameServers\TC12242421830611326050560\Expansion\battleye

I am sure he has tried everything he can think of. Maybe one of you AOWcentral users have a solution.

On a side note. The AOW staff have always replied very quickly and usually can provide solutions. Obviously not always. I do commend there customer response and hold nothing against them. Thank you all for your efforts.

Nuke

Sorry if this has been asked before.

Why cant you have "space" in BattleEye path?

i.e.

ArmA 2 path

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Combined Operations"

BE path apparently does not allow space between Bohemia and Interactive. So when you launch server.exe it creates new forlder in:

C:\Program Files\Bohemia\...

Why is that?

Is there a limit to how many bans can be held ? Reason i ask is that lately BERcon stops responding when i type the "bans" command. The "players" command still does like it should but "bans" BERcon disconnects. Think i have aprox 140 bans in the list.

Another thing my server plays Doomi and every time a be-banned player tries to connect, a player slot will be occupied by ai. Only way to remove the ai from slot is for loggedin admin to got to lobby and force himself into the ai-taken slot.

Sorry if this has been asked before.

Why cant you have "space" in BattleEye path?

i.e.

ArmA 2 path

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Combined Operations"

BE path apparently does not allow space between Bohemia and Interactive. So when you launch server.exe it creates new forlder in:

C:\Program Files\Bohemia\...

Why is that?

did you enclosed the -bePath= with "" like "-betPath=C:\someweird name here"

?

Here is the response I got from the AOWCentral tech. The expansion\battleye folder is where the server cmd line is pointed to. Here is the line..

I am sure he has tried everything he can think of. Maybe one of you AOWcentral users have a solution.

On a side note. The AOW staff have always replied very quickly and usually can provide solutions. Obviously not always. I do commend there customer response and hold nothing against them. Thank you all for your efforts.

Nuke

Did you read my PM? Is the problem solved now?

Dorph;1862504']Another thing my server plays Doomi and every time a be-banned player tries to connect' date=' a player slot will be occupied by ai. Only way to remove the ai from slot is for loggedin admin to got to lobby and force himself into the ai-taken slot.[/quote']

Any comments to above

I am at a loss. I use Art of War central and have tried virtually everything. I have put the BEServer.cfg file with the corret information in both the battleye folder and the expansions/battleye folder and not luck. I have tried using the 123456youpassword789 deal. No luck. I have use both the .9 version of bercon and version 5. I continue to the the "could not connet" message. I have no clue what I am doing wrong here. I have searched the web as well. Can anyone that uses Art of War servers please help. This is driving me nuts. I have also tried running as admin with both progams. I tried changing the combatibilty modes as well. I do use a router. Could this be the problem? Thank you all for your efforts. I patiently wait for a genius to help me out. Thank you again.

Nuke

Did you read my PM? Is the problem solved now?[/
Here is the response I got from the AOWCentral tech.

Quote:

AoWC Farchord has added the following comment to this ticket on 2/16/2011 5:02:06 PM:

RE:Battleye RCon

Well I tried everything now.... a .cfg at the root of the server... a .cfg in the battleye folder and a cfg in the Expansion/battleye, not sure what else to try"

The expansion\battleye folder is where the server cmd line is pointed to. Here is the line..

Quote:

BEpath=C:\game\xxxxxxxx\GameServers\TC122424218306 11326050560\Expansion\battleye

Nuke

OK, found the problem. Here is the deal for those that do not know. When using AOW Central they have a R Con contol panel to acces the server information, start, stop the server etc. In the control panel it shows the ip address for your server. That is the one I was using. Same one I use for FTP access. It did not work for BE Rcon at all. I even asked tech to check to make sure I was using the right ip address. Well, I have recently added a gametracker banner to my website and while playing with it I linked to the details page and notice they have my server with a slightly different ip address. So, Yes. I used the ip that gametracker recognized and it worked fine. So if you are using AOW central and have this problem. You now have an option to check the ip. Funny thing is. FTP uses the other IP. I think there may be two ip's per server or something. Not sure. Hope this helps any that are lost out there.

Sorry for not getting back to you soon $able. I have left you a PM as well. Thank you again for your help my friend.

Nuke

2 quick questions:

1. Will there be a Linux version of RCon, too?
  2. What protocol is used to talk to the server? TCP, UDP or both?

2 quick questions:

1. Will there be a Linux version of RCon, too?
  2. What protocol is used to talk to the server? TCP, UDP or both?

1. Not planned right now. It should be easy to create a similar Linux client though (the RCon protocol specification is available here: http://www.battleye.com/downloads/BERConProtocol.txt).

2. UDP.

Hello guys,

just wanted to announce that I continued the development of the RCon tool.

And it seems that I have managed to fix the known crash occuring at random when starting the tool. The issue can be traced to the GUI lib I had been using.

I will release a new version soon and I hope that everybody who had to struggle with this issue will test it and give me a report. Thanks!

Looking forward to next version.

I will try it and report back.

Ok guys,

here is the new version: http://dev-heaven.net/projects/rcon/files

I integrated a brand new version of the GUI framework and do hope that it will not cause any further problems. Otherwise I will remove it completely from the tool and use another framework.

Now it must work without any compatibility mode! If it does not please report!

Thanks for testing!

If you like the tool please donate in order to help me to keep up the project.

Will there be a Linux version of RCon, too?

If there is demand I will start to develop a linux version. But first I have to make sure that the Windows version runs without any problems.

Edited by Soner