Sign in to follow this  
$able

RCon server administration coming to ArmA 2!

(Useless) bandwidth monitors

Clearly you don't manage servers... I'll leave it at that.

BI needs to put out a working server tool - or at least give us the mechanics to write our own - working (and secure!) rcon, etc.

This I can't argue with but can't see it as a possibility due to it already being handled by battleye (which can be customised so I'm told).

Also my discussion was with Sable and was simple and free of conflict, but in true BIS fashion you came along and made a useless comment.

Good job anyway $able with the current battleye system, if possible I wouldn't mind a PM regarding battleye in more detail (mostly to do with the customisation I've heard about).

BI needs to put out a working server tool -

Bis doesnt need to give us anything. btw they already have a wiki where you can get all information. make your own "better" system if you want. get down with sqf and config's to mod your own admin interface :p

or at least give us the mechanics to write our own - working (and secure!) rcon, etc.

isnt the current rcon protocole secure ?? i havent seen it hacked.

Thanks $able for releasing the protocole and answering some on my question about the protocole.

got a stable rcon client working :D

Ive followed these instructions to the letter...

IVe created a command line that reads

-server -port=2310 -profiles=rcontools -cfg=BEServer.cfg -config=server.cfg

on the dedi box i have got a new folder in there is the profile rcontools

Ive made the config folder which reads as follows

RConPassword="password";

language="English";

adapter=-1;

3D_Performance=100000;

Resolution_Bpp=32;

Windowed=0;

but no matter what i do i cant connect to the server via rcon

Ive followed these instructions to the letter...

Re-read the first post. The BEServer.cfg is placed in the BE working directory and doesn't contain game-related settings. The -cfg option isn't used for BE either. Furthermore, the format of your RConPassword setting is wrong.

could you do a write up of the instructions in simple english as i tried that way

I tried with out the CFG

I added the BEServer.cfg to the be dir in local apps/etc

but nothing worked

could you do a write up of the instructions in simple english as i tried that way

I tried with out the CFG

I added the BEServer.cfg to the be dir in local apps/etc

but nothing worked

I marked the important parts:

All you have to do to enable it is creating a BEServer.cfg file in your BattlEye working directory (in the application data / profiles / BEpath folder, not the install folder) with a line containing "RConPassword [password]" (without [] of course) and (re-)start your ArmA 2 server. That's it.

there is no the application data / profiles / BEpath folder

in the C:\Documents and Settings\******\Local Settings\Application Data\ArmA 2 OA directory there is no BEpath folder I have tried to create one and put the config file in there but still no joy

What I was trying to say is that you need to put it into the BE folder in your -profiles directory. And please, before you ask again, make sure you use the right format in BEServer.cfg:

RConPassword password

not

RConPassword="password";

Ive changed Rconpassword settings put the config file into the battle eye folder in the folder i created for the profile yet still cant connect

As I remember, you need to know which version you are running.

If it is Combined Operations, you need to put the config into the BE folder in Arma2/expansion (....\arma2\expansion\BattlEye).

Ive changed Rconpassword settings put the config file into the battle eye folder in the folder i created for the profile yet still cant connect

Could you post the exact content of your BEServer.cfg?

=WBG=cpt_custard

i do think there is a issue with how you have it all configured together.

i find your parameters strange. maybe this will help you a bit..

I have made a dir in my arma2 installation dir, i called it Server.

in that dir i have 2 main files. server.cfg and arma2.cfg

hence the startup parameter.

C:\......server.exe" -config=Server\server.cfg -cfg=Server\arma2.cfg -profiles=Server

now in that dir "Server" in your arma dir. you should make a dir called BattlEye

C:\path\ArmA II\server\BattlEye

put BEServer.cfg in that dir.

in your BEServer.cfg put

RConPassword MyPassword

if BEServer.dll isnt copyed there automaticly during serverstartup try copy it manualy

copy BEServer.dll there

from

C:\path\ArmA II\BattlEye

to

C:\path\ArmA II\server\BattlEye

hope this can help out a bit.

Edited by nuxil

I've just downloaded the GUI 1.3 but there's no readme, do I just put the Arma2 rcon.exe in my client's Arma2 folder??

(BTW i've already created the necessary beserver.cfg with my rcon pasword in my remote server's profiles/battleye directory using Filezilla)

Edited by Mandrake5

Well,

I allready manage the Rcon on my 2 servers.

You need to create beserver.cfg in the BE folder ON THE SERVER. Then you need to run the RCON.exe or the RCON Gui from your PC (anywhere you have rights). I am running windows7 and needed to set compatibility for WinXP SP3. After that I could manage my both servers (windows and linux) same way.

[PH] Eldo

any help at all? stuck on 'could not connect' ad infinitum..

Is it a Linux server? If so, you have to place the beserver.cfg in your root or expansion BattlEye folder.

no it's a windows server. my (failed) setup is:

server uses -profiles switch. So I used Filezilla to create a text file called BEServer.cfg in the server's profiles/Battleye folder. The text file contains only RConPassword ******

I then tried to run the GUi from my desktop, entered server's ip and port = could not connect.

yes several times... still not working :(

Battleye is working perfectly on the server itself though...

Edited by Mandrake5

Did you try the official BE RCon tool as well?

Also, what is your server's command line?

yes, i tried both tools.

server's command line is:

-server -port=2300 -profiles=profiles -config=server.cfg -mod=expansion

Is there a BEServer.dll in the profiles BE folder?

Could you try to delete it while the server is running? If that's possible it isn't loaded for some reason.

Version 1.3 is anivable now,

u could check the status and download here:

Rcon Download

This doesn't work for me on 3 different PCs... first off I have to run it in compatibility mode with Windows 98 (which makes the application really choppy), then it doesn't actually populate a list of players.

Are there any working GUI Based RCONs these days? I remember these tools worked before OA, not anymore though.