Sign in to follow this  
b0b

Is there a Real Virtuality Tech Demo?

Anyone know where i can find a tech demo/video ( if one even exhists ) on the engine that drives arma?

Bis studios.... If there is i cant find it.

youtube .. nada but arma examples.

google... not much but text info.

<added> hmm just thought about it .. suppose arma is the only demo of the RV engine... i was wondering how much more it could do is all am i even making any sense? lol.

Btw as a side Q i couldnt find a definitive answer on the foliage in arma, does it use speed tree or the Linda tree generator?

Edited by b0b

Methinks all vegitation uses Linda, at least in ArmA 2, I'd suspect so in ArmA 1 too but I'm not 100% sure on that (it'd make sense though).

The best "tech demo" would be VBS2, it does more than ArmA 1 or 2 can do, but it's not free. Maybe you should email BIS about it. Is there a particular reason you want to know this? Like maybe try making your own game on top of it or something? Or just curiosity?

Methinks all vegitation uses Linda, at least in ArmA 2, I'd suspect so in ArmA 1 too but I'm not 100% sure on that (it'd make sense though).

The best "tech demo" would be VBS2, it does more than ArmA 1 or 2 can do, but it's not free. Maybe you should email BIS about it. Is there a particular reason you want to know this? Like maybe try making your own game on top of it or something? Or just curiosity?

LOLZ @ making my own game over the top of it... ty you made me chuckle. I havent the first clue about game creation, i just take an interest ( as an artistic type ) what game engines are capable of, mainly in the graphics and physics areas. It really is fascinating to see whats evolving.