Oh thanks for the advice thomsonb, I will give it a try.
Second that idea fromt the other guy to see this mode ported to fallujah!
Its good to hear that Flashpoint: Chernarus is working with ArmA2 Free. I have never tested it with that version, so there may be some unexpected bugs... please let me know if anything comes up running it on ArmA2 Free
Thomsonb, why I can't select Russian Team Leader/Medic or one of those from any other factions?
Last edited by Kieck; Aug 12 2011 at 19:44.
I would love you forever and always if you can do Multiplayer D:
I've been tinkering with this mod a bit and added some empty aircraft to various airfields on maps that have them and are large enough to fly on convincingly (I've ported them to a lot of maps, and swapped the units around a bit, its my favourite way to play arma:-) ) might be a suggestion for the next version...
It ends the mission if you fly over the objective, so what I've been doing is fighting my way to the airfield, stealing a plane or helicopter and making my escape in it by flying over the objective waypoint...better than it just ending when you stand in a certain spot :-)
PS: How can I add the camera.sqs to this map, because there are no units to add it to.
I have just released an updated version, and also got the Utes version back up to date!
Please download latest version 1.15 from here:
Flashpoint: Chernarus and Utes v1.15 download page
This version has the same new features as the recently updated Taksitan version
This version features a prototype new system for spawning custom units, rather than just standard Arma2 units.
This allows for more realistic soldier loadouts, more variety of weapons on the battlefield, a more realistic balance and range of weapons in each faction, more uniqueness to each faction, more variety of player types, and also easier customisation and development of the mission in the future.
- Updated: Utes version updated to same version as Chernarus.
- Added: *NEW* Custom units weapons and gear for all factions (replacing the standard Arma2 units).
- Fewer unit models are used whenever possible; many units in same faction now use the same soldier model to save resources and help framerates.
- NAPA forces now have a few US supplied M16 rifles and Stinger AA launchers
- NAPA and ChDKZ are not as well equiped as the regular armies.
- All factions, basic soldier sometimes has marksmans rifle.
- Numerous small tweaks to the loadouts and weapons of all factions.
- Changed: Player units choice customised.
- All player loadouts customised, depending on faction (no longer simply standard Arma2 units).
- Player now often has side arm.
- Player selection dialog size increased.
- Player descriptions in dialog now simplified, and show exact weapon of that unit.
- Equalized chance of random player chosen from each faction (before USMC and Russia was more likely because of more units).
- Changed: Weapons and ammo in parked cars now more rare and and more basic weapons choice only, e.g. removed MP5.
- Fixed: On player change the spawn area is immediately recalibrated to players position. (units nearby should never be deleted just after player change anymore!)
Superb as usual. Thanks Thomsonb!