Sign in to follow this  
ChrisDRob

How do I get a Jet Plane to take off and land using waypoints?

How do I get a Jet Plane to take off and land using waypoints?

Hi,

Ok, out of my head:

Place a jet on the airport( a jet with pilot duh) put its first waypoint somewhere on the taxiway, next a bit further on the taxi way, all the way to the start of the runway. Now the next waypoint (just regular move waypoint) you place somewhere away from the airport in a line with the runway the jet is standing on, in the "initialization" of that waypoint you write : "plane name" flyinheight 100.

So tho recap: jet > waypoint1 > waypoint2 >...... upto where the jet will start its run down the runway (normal "move" waypoints) , then the next waypoint will be in line with the runway, but far away from the airport, inside its "initialization" box you type : planename flyinheight 250;

This should taxi your jet to the start of the runway and then take of to start flying at 250 meter height.

Now the landing:

Give the jet some waypoints so it lines up nicely with the runway you want to land on.

Then at the beginning of the runway, where you want the plane to touch down, you place another "move" waypoint, and in its "initialization" you write : namejet land"LAND";

After that waypoint you can go on with putting normal "move" waypoints to the possition you want the jet to taxi.

Hope this helps