Sign in to follow this  
Mysteryman5150

Weapons dispersion.

No worries, the only stupid questions are the ones you don't ask;).

Thats the right attitude! High five man. :)

yes im having alot of fun testing this, like I say the AI needs improvement, is there anyway to config there overall accuracy and their robotic behaviours?

There are 2 values one called aiDispersionCoefX and the other is aiDispersionCoefY. They are both also set in the weapon settings, just like dispersion is, not at the Character settings. The problem with them, from what I have read is they don't seem to work properly. That is why I went with the dispersion settings.

There is a way to set the AI precision in your user profile that you could use and set the enemy AI lower than your teams AI. Also you could try a mod like the 2 below (neither are my work, so I take no credit) they adjust the settings of overall AI accuracy and other things. I personally use a modified version of Zeus for my offline play. If you know how to open PBO's and modify configs at all you can make your own adjustments for your personal gaming tastes.

I could make and release a mod like my current ones that would allow the user to adjust those settings in a userconfig file as well, but there are already so many mods that adjust these setings already. That is the reason why I didn't do this.

AI Dispersion - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6085

Zeus AI combat - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8250

I will be releasing an updated version to this later today or tomorrow. I have found how to make the guns dispersion only be effected for the AI and not the user if he were to pick up an AD weapon;).

Updated to ver1.04. See front page for details and link.

I appologize that there have been so many updates to this file. I have just recently figured out how the new variable worked:o

Edited by Mysteryman5150