Sign in to follow this  
Mysteryman5150

Weapons dispersion.

Hey all, I am creating a complete infantry overhaul mod, well hopefully I can complete it:). Along the way I have began to create a completed new set of weapons, actually I'm only doing rifles, sub-machine guns, light machine guns and sniper rifles, that I have released as a stand alone mod. During this process I have found a way of creating a file that can be placed in the userconfig folder to allow the mod user to set their own disperion values these weapons:bounce3:.

Like I said I am trying to create a complete infantry overhaul that would make some true variance between the true armed services and the terrorist and insurgent type malitias:D.

Please note that these are currently running the vanilla settings and you must adjust to your own preferences;).

Weapons Dispersion v1.04

Links Below:

Filefront v1.04

http://www.filefront.com/15697437/Weapons%20Dispersion%20v1.04.7z

Armaholic

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9576

ADDON REQUIREMENTS: None

Description:

- The (Inf_Weapons_Dispersion) pack creates a new set of most of the hand held vanilla weapons in Arma2 and allows for the user to adjust the dispersion value of these weapons. (This is not a replacer)

- It comes with a file an HPP file that goes into the userconfig folder, which is where the dispersion adjustments are made (instructions are located in the file).

- There is an ammo box that comes up in your editor under empty/ammo- Modified disp weapons box and it includes every AD weapon (Adjustable Dispersion) I made as well as the required ammo for all the weapons. feel free to use it for testing purposes or whatever you would like to use it for.

- The weapons should import any sound mod you have running for the vanilla weapons. I didn't come across any porblems during my testing.

- Weapons included:

-All rifles (excludes Xm8)

-All machine guns (hand held)

-All sniper rifles

*** New to Ver1.01 ***

-Added a stand alone pack (Vanilla_Weap_Dispersion) and userconfig that allows for the dispersion adjustment of vanilla Arma2 guns, that were used to make the new set for the original pack (see above in features).

-Both of these mods should run together without conflict since the vanilla mod only affects the vanilla weapons and the additional weapns pack redifines the values for each individual gun in the pack therefore the vanilla values would be overwritten.

*** New to Ver1.04 ***

-Added a new variable (aiDispersionCoef) which allows the user to set AI dispersion for a weapon without affecting overall weapon dispersion.

-Changing the dispersion value modifies the overall dispersion of the weapon class defined (affects user as well)and/or changing the aiDispersionCoef value modifies only the AI dispersion (both freindly and enemy) of weapon classes you wish to modify.

-The aiDispersionCoef is a multiplier of the weapons dispersion value. See formula and example below:

Formula - dispersion * aiDispersionCoef = Total AI Dispersion...Example for M16 Single Fire - .001(disp) * 6.0(coef) = .006(total AI Dispersion)

INSTALLATION: Extract the PBO file you find in the archive, and stick it the ArmA2\Addons folder, or the mod folder of your choice (Prefered way to install addons).

Install the userconfig folder into your arma2 directory (if one does not exist then your just need to copy the userconfig folder in zip file). Run the game,

BUGS:

-None so far.

FIXES:

ver 1.04

- Added a new variable (aiDispersionCoef) which allows the user to set AI dispersion for a weapon without affecting overall weapon dispersion.

- The aiDispersionCoef variable is a multiplier to the dispersion variable and is explained, with more detail, in the hpp file inside the userconfig folder.

Ver 1.03

- Fixed error with the G36 and G36k not having any fire modes.

Ver 1.02

- Fixed error in config.cpp for vanilla weapons PBO that was causing some conflict when running with the other weapon pack included.

Ver 1.01

- Added a new pack that allows for the dispersion adjustment of vanilla Arma2 guns, that were used to make the new set for the original pack (see features above). **Please see updated read me for additional info.**

- Cleaned up the config.cpp file for the Inf_Weapons_Dispersion PBO.

v1.00 -

- Initial release.

CREDITS:

BIS - For an game that both awesome and moddable.

Wolfrug- For the idea of adjusting weapons dispersion and giving me permision to utilize your concept.

Anyone who has helped me by answering qestions or giving feedback.

As always the entire moding community- Without you all putting info out there and having your mods available for us this game would be a lot more empty.You all

have inspired me to want to make my mods. Thank you all.

Edited by Mysteryman5150
Corrected sound issue

If one of the administrators could move this to the addons completed section I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

Updated to ver 1.01. See link in first post.

- Added a new pack that allows for the dispersion adjustment of vanilla Arma2 guns, that were used to make the new set for the original pack

- Cleaned up the config.cpp file for the Inf_Weapons_Dispersion PBO.

Edited by Mysteryman5150

Updated to ver1.02 see link in first post.

this was a minor fix and should be the last one unless i get some suggestions on doing anything new with the Weapons Dispersion addon:).

Edited by Mysteryman5150

Thanks thales, I hope you enjoy it;). Also, I hope you checked out my other 2 mods as well, they are based on the same concept of user adjustment. I want to try link them all togeter possibly with some other things I am working on to make one large mod. I am just need some testing result and feedback:).

Thanks Foxhound for the update:).

To anyone who has downloaded this and is having problems with the G36 and G36K when using the vanilla_weap_dispesion mod or oth mods together, I have identified the problem and corrected it. The problem with the fix is that these 2 weapons (only these 2) will now inherit the vanilla sound instead of any sound mod you are using. I am trying to find a work around for that so I will delay the update for a while until I can see if there is a way around the sound issue.

The problem will not break any other part of the mod, it just doesn't allow the G36 and G36K to have any fire modes. This is due to the fact that the firemodes on these 2 weapons is set through a muzzle class, unlike the rest of the weapons.

The Inf_Weapons_Dispersion mod which adds the new set of adjustable dispersion weapons has no issues with the G36 & G36k unless run with the other mod.

Update to ver1.03, see link in first post.

Ver 1.03

- Fixed error with the G36 and G36k not having any fire modes. Due to the way these 2 guns must be modded I may not inherit your sound mod for these (only) 2 weapons.

Edited by Mysteryman5150

I was trying different things with those 2 particular models. It has something to do with the firing modes for the G36a being done through a muzzle class within the G36a class, and the only way I can get the muzzle class to not have an error in the game is to recreate the whole weapon class in the mod (I did so using all the original ArmA 2 values). When you do that it makes the gun revert back to the vanilla sound. The G36K then inherits the G36a class as well as the vanilla sound. I am still trying some things though but wanted to get the error fixed where those 2 weapons had no fire modes.

The good thing is that those are the only 2 guns that do not inherit whatever sound mod the user is running:). Now that I think about it I may be confusing it with my replacer weapon pack and maybe the sound mod is inheriting for those 2 guns. I have been running so many tests the last few days so it is possible. Perhaps some other people might be able to check it out and tell me.

Edited by Mysteryman5150

they are based on the same concept of user adjustment.

Yep, i noticed that, its really nice.

@MadMike- Thanks, glad you like it;)- What type of settings did try in the userconfig? When I realeased the download all the dispersion settings are still running original, so I am just wondering what kind of settings people are trying out.

@Foxhound- Thanks for the update:).

@ Wiggum-

I am not sure about ACE I don't use ACE myself. If ACE renames the weapon classes it will not work but if it keeps the original names for the weapons classes it will. There is a quick and easy test though, if you don't mind to runit for me;):

1) Install the mod according the readme

2) Go into the HPP file in the userconfig folder and adjust the dispersion for the __M16__Single Fire to 2.00 (currently set at vanilla of .001)

3) Go into the game and map editor and place a single USMC soldier using any M16

4) Fire the weapon in single fire mode and you will know right away if it worked:). Then fire the weapon in burst mode and it should then fire normal.

If you do try it out and will post the results I would appreciate it so that others who use ACE will know;).

Acutually the vanilla replacer may cover most of the weapons as long as ace does not redefine the dispersion values on each gun. Like for example in vanilla all the M4 and M16 guns inherit the dispersion values from the M16 base and M4 base. Therefore, if ACE does the same with their guns and doesn't redefine dispersion values at the individual weapon class it should theoretically work:), at least for most of the guns based of the vanilla game gun base classes. Now any completely new models that have no base in vanilla probably would be unaffected.

Like I said the only way to know for shore would be to give it a try and if you don't mind please posst the results.

@Mysteryman5150

Thiese are the settings for the basic RU-Soldiers:

RU soldiers - Basic Infantry -(standard Russian infantry used in game like USMC):

#define __RUBI_audible .08;//.05

#define __RUBI_camouflage 3.0;//1.8

#define __RUBI_sensitivity 1.7;//3

#define __RUBI_sensitivityEar .2;//.5

I´m going to try different settings in the future to find the perfect one. I will let you know.

I am thinking you meant for this to go in the Infantry Stealth and Recognition Skills thread or in the Is there any interest in this mod thread;). Either way thank you for posting some results:).

I sound like an idiot, but what exactly is weapon dispersion do?

doesnt it make the bullets more accurate and the shooting easier?

I cant really tell the difference yet, just started testing

No worries, the only stupid questions are the ones you don't ask;).

You have to adjust the settings in the file that you put into the user config folder. When you open the folder you will find some instructions in there. When I released the mod the settings are all at the vanilla Arma 2 dispersion values so the user can set to their liking.

The higher the number the more dispersion for the weapon fired, meaning they will stray and not be as accurate, and vice versa for lower numbers. For example if you were to set the dispersion on a weapon at 10.000 and go into the editor and place an enemy using that weapon in the editor you could probably walk right up to him and he couldn't hit you with a shot, I did it in my testing to verify the mod worked;)

Edited by Mysteryman5150