Sign in to follow this  
Jaskier

Wilbur Manual

Hi all. Now I've got two questions:

- Manual for Wilbur ( I don't want pay for Google Earth Pro so I'm using it) I've read manual to Wilbur, which is with Wilbur, but I don't know many facts.

- How I can export masks & sat (propably I make it in Wilbur) to Visitor 3 ?

Thanks for help ;)

As far as i know wilbur is only useful for giving you the 16bit greyscale png for your heightmap. Thats what i do with wilbur...

Yup, that's fact. Sorry. So now, my question is - in which format I must save "16 bit greyscale" that I can use it in Visitor ? It's silly question, but Wilbur default save greyscale in png format and Visitor load only formats cfg and XYZ. I now it's like how I'm stupid but I really don't know.

It's not actually now :). I broke this problem and have next :) I don't use Google Earth Pro so how I must get around satellite.lco ? Help for newbie ;)

Edited by Jaskier

but Wilbur default save greyscale in png format and Visitor load only formats cfg and XYZ.

Not true.

The name of you Wilbur greyscalle png goes INSIDE the cfg (.pbl) file, to load it.

Example PBL file;

class cfg

{

PNGfilename="WilburExport.png";

squareSize=20.0000;

originX=0;

originY=0;

minHeight=-150.0;

maxHeight=150.0;

};

Propably I understood ;) - but what I must do to hmmm... LOAD greyscalle to Visitor ? I read somewhere I must make 2 folders, one with png, one with cfg , but I'm skeptic.

It's a common practice (started by BIS I think) to make a certain structure of visitor projects. On your P: drive you make a folder which is the main folder of your current terrain, let's call it 'JaskieraPierwszyTeren'. In that folder you create two more folders named 'Data' and 'Source'. In the 'Source' folder you create another one called 'Terrain'. Save there your Wilbur file as JaskieraPierwszyTeren.png. Next, you create a new notepad file in that folder and rename it to for example 'JaskieraPierwszyTeren.pbl'. It's important to rename the extension too (you have to have enabled 'show known files extensions' (or something like this) in windows). Then, you open the pbl file and paste there what Gnat wrote above and change the line

PNGfilename="WilburExport.png";

to

PNGfilename="JaskieraPierwszyTeren.png";

Save the pbl file.

Then, you open Visitor and start a new project, and then choose Project->Import the terrain from picture, find your pbl file and you've got it.

I think the exact folders structure described above is not necessary but it seams to be a common practice.

And here you have links to an answer to almost any question regarding terrain making in Visitor.

Edited by lecholas