Sign in to follow this  
soldier2390

Mission SQM into SQF? After the Mission is already made!

Hi everyone!

Im not any good with missions and all that goodies! but iv been working on a nice "Base's Template", but do to the fact that it has alot of objects its hard to make missions on it, with out getting confused and messing things up!

So my question is..is there anyway i can turn my mission.sqm(what u make in the 2d editor), inot a sfq or some kind of script, so it just loads in-game like the bis compositions?

I have looked into this as best i could, but nothing helps because of the fact i made the mission already..and i didnt use any 3d editor! but im sure there has to be some kind of alternitive? other then re-doing everything cuase that will suck!

Dave,

Yes, you can turn it. You need to write a script that will gather objects info into a script, export it into clipboard, and paste in notepad.

Yes, you can turn it. You need to write a script that will gather objects info into a script, export it into clipboard, and paste in notepad.

thanks for the replay bud! but i have no idea what you mean..or should i say how to do that. plus im no good with scripts? cause i just want to beable to make missions off my template(which i plan to release to the public aswell)! but i want to beable to just make the mission stuff..with out the bases(Hesco Barriers\Barracks\and other obj's that make up a Camp\F.O.B.), but yet once in-game have all the camps\F.O.B.'s there! almost exactly like the BIS "Compositions" but where i can still load it into the editor(2d) to edit..or even if i can just edit the sqm version of it and then convert into sqf?

Edited by soldier2390

ok i have tryed everything i could! i even tried to "seach" for key words and what not to find out what you mean, but due to the fact i honestly dont know anything about this stuff i might not exactly have known something was useful! that and i didnt think i saw anything anyways!

so if possible can someone please help, or explain what exactly i have to do more specificly! and sorry im not trying to bumb this! i accauly have looked for help many ways!

EDIT: i guess it would help if i explain a bit more about what i need help with too lol, i mainly need help with makeing a script that can do as Li0n said, and gather the info(of all my objects) into an script? that and if i did get that..i dont know enough about scripts to know how to properly make a script from scratch, and how to set it out to work as needed?

thanks for any help!

Dave

Edited by soldier2390