as i'm working on a fully (well, at least as much as ever possible) functional cockpit, i'm actually creating a lot of instruments and gauges for cockpits.
Some might plane-specific but a lot probably could be used in other planes aswell.
So i plan to make these instruments freely accessible to anyone who's interested. Wherever possible, gauges can be fully animated. Let me show you an example:
Animations are prepared (selections and axis present) for the following components:
- altimeter numbered wheels (100, 1000 and 10000 scale)
- PNEU or ELECT indicator (yellow field with text)
- PNEU or ELECT selector (bottom right)
- barometric setting wheels (0000 can be set to actual QNH setting)
Not all anims have to be used, in fact, once i release them, you do with whatever you want. I state them as open source, which means you may use them without need to ask (else i wouldn't have to release them), you may rework them to fit your needs without asking for permission. You have to make them available, if not by default at least on request (only the gauges based on these, not the rest of your plane of course).
What will be in the package?
- Model (p3d)
- Texture (pac)
- readme with anim instructions
What will not be in there?
- .rvmat files
- normal and specular map, create them yourself so they'll fit with the visual style of your plane.