Sign in to follow this  
dmarkwick

JTD Flies

Place it in your mission folder etc.

Excellent, Thanks. My playtesters will curse your name for the creeps this is gonna give 'em... :D

the script has a tweaked fly movement, let me know if you like it better or not would you?

Sure thing :)

cool addon, i like it. Now all we need is maggots ;) or a fly spray

Hehe, yet another goodie coming from the goodies master. :)

Thanks DM.

The zombie mod dude should attach these flies to some of his shambling undead... I always thought zombies needed a big cloud of flies round them.

In fact, thinking about it, the worst turned out soldier in your virtual platoon could also be given his own cloud of flies... "Oi Pigpen! Get that Gimpy on that compound NOW, you smelly ****!"

Heh, reading some of the comments (both here and on Youtube) I have to say that I really did not see this as anything other than an interesting particle method proof-of-concept :D

But, looking at it outside of that context, yeah, it is kind of freaky :D

But really, it was just a practical example of implementation of this otherwise rather abstract test, which shows two extreme examples of exactly the same effect:

5QRAF_tg6ks

Edited by DMarkwick

Heh, reading some of the comments (both here and on Youtube) I have to say that I really did not see this as anything other than an interesting particle method proof-of-concept :D

Well, the law of unintended consequences and all that...

But keep making these great add-ons mate, ArmA's all the better for them. I can't imagine playing without Fire&Smoke and ClearHorizons, and I used your Fog WIP yesterday for the first time in the Nothern Cherno highlands to very creepy effect (I'm still looking for Bigfoot, LOL).

@swiftyboy

My thoughts exactly - use in in conjunction with the zombie mod - lay out a few dead zombies (setdammage 10) and add the flies - will definately add more immersion, anyone done any 'body parts' addon yet?

Maybe Arma is making me a bit warped?

Great addon - Thanks DMarkwick

small but perfect little addons like this increase the immersion 10 fold, excellent work as usual :D

All we need now is SmellOvision....

speaking of flies :) ...

... around light sources at night :)

... swarms of insect above water ponds/lakes/dams ...

possibility of wasp or bee swarm (on tree or some lamp or even edge of house)

speaking of flies :) ...

... around light sources at night :)

... swarms of insect above water ponds/lakes/dams ...

possibility of wasp or bee swarm (on tree or some lamp or even edge of house)

(Shh. These things are usually climate-specific, time-of-year variable effects ;))

(P.S... fireflies ;))

oh yeah ... i forgot fireflies :) near water sources or wet areas ...

Those would be great to see in A2. I hadn't thought about the possibilities that could be brought to A2 but now I can't stop thinking of different things. Honestly I had no clue this stuff was possible in this game. How DMarkwick comes up with this stuff blows my mind. These AddOns add so much to immersion it's nuts.

Dude! The thought process to make such a addon! Very creative. I hope some BIS Devs get a look at this. Like the butterflies and ambient things flying around, this makes the game immeasurably better! Hats off to you man!

Heh, I always thought we had flies already. I checked and could find none, except on the mass grave object. However, in Arma1 (or whatever game I remember them from, GTA maybe?) I just found them too annoying.

New version posted on 1st post. New features:

Sound added.

Flies now spawn around a random area centered on the center of body mass instead of the feet.

Tweaked fly size.

Tweaked fly movement.

This mod is amazing, It add's a extra level of realism that I've never seen implemented into a game before. But I do have a question.

I noticed that for some extra unit addons that I have, the infantry can be killed in game and will not have any flies no matter the length of time they are dead. Is there any way to change this?

This mod is amazing, It add's a extra level of realism that I've never seen implemented into a game before. But I do have a question.

I noticed that for some extra unit addons that I have, the infantry can be killed in game and will not have any flies no matter the length of time they are dead. Is there any way to change this?

Hi LoOse :)

Unless the new units are not in the "Man" class, then I don't know why this would happen. As far as I can tell every alive unit is in the "Man" class, including dogs, rabbits, cows etc so there should be flies generated.

I would suggest to increase the waiting time until the flies appear. IRL flies would not appear on a dead body already after 2 min. At least 8 - 15min. Maybe random in this range?

Ah never mind, I just ran a test specifically for the flies, I can hear them.

Thanks for the help.

I would suggest to increase the waiting time until the flies appear. IRL flies would not appear on a dead body already after 2 min. At least 8 - 15min. Maybe random in this range?

It's all a gameplay balance. Reality would suggest a couple of hours, and most ingame bodies are bypassed in a few minutes. It's just an arbitrary number for gameplay :)

It's all a gameplay balance. Reality would suggest a couple of hours, and most ingame bodies are bypassed in a few minutes. It's just an arbitrary number for gameplay :)

Ok you're right. Why not then add a userconfig to increase/decrease the amount of time?

Ok you're right. Why not then add a userconfig to increase/decrease the amount of time?

Not for this one simple addon, but I might introduce a setting in the Weather And Climate addon config, which this will eventually be incorporated into.