Sign in to follow this  
max power

Addon Research Topic 2

Here is a sequel to the original Addon Research Topic. This thread should serve as a place to share resources and resource requests. Do you need some references for the cockpit of some obscure vehicle? Did you find an excellent resource for different kinds of hand grenades? Post them here!

I updated the Biki Reference Sites Page with all of the URLs to reference sites that were hot linked to in the entire ArmA Addon Research Topic with the help of Placebo. For all of the new ones I added, I noted the language of the page if it was not English or if there was no English version. I also went through each link and marked the broken ones with ''defunct?''.

Thanks to Ironsight for starting the original topic.

Also, there is a question about how forum-centric vs. wiki-centric this function is best served. Asking and answering questions is obviously best served by the forum, but storing and accessing information is best done by the wiki. Going through each URL on a forum and adding to the biki is not fun for anyone, least of all me :p. Perhaps it would be best to add general resource links to the biki as well, but keep specific files like individual photos on the forum.

I thought it would be usefull for addon makers to have an addon research topic. This topic is specifically for addon research.

[...]

This is not a debate topic. So please no discussions on who is right and who is wrong. Just present you facts and let the addon maker judge if he will use them or not.

Edited by Max Power
typos

Will the "answers" be archived on the wiki once they are put here? For example I know somebody needed interior cab pictures of the Tochka (I think) launcher. If somebody posted pictures of it here would a link be filed away under "Russian/Tochka etc.

I have plenty of spare time so I will gladly help research whatever people need. Considering I have family members who are either Active Duty or Retired U.S. Army I could probably also supply pictures of FOBs/ certain vehicles/etc.

Edited by Darkhorse 1-6

Well, the beauty of wiki technology is that anyone can add the appropriate articles, and all the users are potential custodians of every resource. Maybe as a thank you, those who find resources found by others useful can check to make sure if it's on the wiki. If it isn't, maybe they can add it. I just added 23 resources and checked 60 some-odd other links for their integrity. Some required re-targeting and others are probably now non existent. I was happy to do and it and was something I had been planning to do for a while, but I don't think that I would want to monitor the thread and constantly update the wiki. I think it would work better if individuals shared links they found useful with others on the wiki, if you know what I mean.

I found Air Power Australia (ausairpower.net) to be very interesting. It contains alot of info about the types of ballistic missiles, surface to air systems and my favorite, radar systems (mostly circling PLA and Russian systems). It also have some analyses/details about several fighter jets such as the F-35, F-22 and Flanker-series.

Don't know how valid it is, but you should certainly take a look at it.

Edited by colossus
typo

My contributions:

Russian Small Arms Gallery

Russian Vehicles Gallery

Vitaly Kuzmin Blog for everything related to: (guess what) Russia... :D

Examples and basic history of most famous camouflages around

Galleries and basic Info about vehicles

While i'm here for this first bunch of links i'd like to ask about every info available about Russian GRU units. We just came out with first release but we need much more to go on, and we can't read russian... ;)

I wonder if any has any good pictures or plans of an m197 rotary gun and the m97a4 (or any other mark for that matter) turret for the AH-1F. I've found a couple of drawings of each (the ones found on aircav.net) but they are not really helping me.

I'm looking for a typical weapons loadout for the Su-24 Fencer.

Cheers

Southy

this might not be the right thread,

but i cant find the vanilla pistol animations... where are they?

(RTM i mean)

this might not be the right thread,

but i cant find the vanilla pistol animations... where are they?

(RTM i mean)

definitely wrong thread: use the Editing Forums for such questions.

All anims should be under anims.pbo.

I suggest you check the configs there. Unfortunatly, the anims are not really selfexplanatory, nor are those properly documented on wiki

Here's another site.

www.primeportal.net

The guy whos run him aways try to update when have time. Have some tanks,amored cars, lot of planes, small weapons, ships, artillery, uniforms, gears and others thinks.

I finally have something to contribute.

Quality Sounds from aircraft, natural environment, cars, etc.

http://www.therecordist.com/pages/downloads.html

Some very nice F/A-18, F-16, and F-14 sounds in there.

*Edit** Just noticed there is no "Sound" Category on the Biki Page...

**Edit**

Does anybody have a good Request For Fire (Forward Observer Calling In Fire Mission) sound clip that they could send me for my mission?

The one I'm using currently is a snippet from the old show "Tour of Duty". While it is better than the BF2 sound I keep finding everywhere I could really use a better one. Youtube has not revealed any good clips so far. If you know of a good youtube vid send me the link please.

Edited by Darkhorse 1-6

I think this is a cool site, too bad i can't model lol

http://www.precise3dmodeling.com

seriously check it out if u wanna make addons, lots of stuff there if u want ideas or details of what something looks like

Edited by vasmkd

This has helped me get info on my cluster Bombs in detail!

http://www.designation-systems.net/dusrm/index.html

Also this site goes into alot more details about various munitions, carriers and accessories for US military:

http://www.designation-systems.net/usmilav/aerosupport.html#_ASETDS_Listings

Also in section 2.2 it will help you understand naming conventions in order to find waht you want, very helpful!

am lookin for any thing to do with the TSR2 like blueprints and that :)

am lookin for any thing to do with the TSR2 like blueprints and that :)

Sorry I forgot to give you the research pack. I'll upload it and send you a PM when its ready.