Sign in to follow this  
max power

Addon Research Topic 2

That is the TWAT (Tactical Weapon Attachment Template) module you are looking for. Its a script based solution that lets you add and replace attachments. http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=15769

I have an updated version of the script which greatly streamlines the attachment process, and eliminates an UI bug. Poke me if you are still interested.

-k

YES THIS IS WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT !

and well ... yeah i'm interested in this

The L1A1 IWS? Yes, there was and adapter to fit the IWS to the dovetail on the side of the L7 and L4

Pic of a GPMG with IWS:

http://img804.imageshack.us/img804/681/l7withnight.jpg

Examples of different IWS sight adapters for the L7/L4's dovetail:

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/2746/pic11iwsstanagmount.jpg

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p236/nzl1a1collector/UKIWSmountL1A1.jpg

Hey da12thmonkey, thanks for the answer!! So the SS20 is actually the IWS (did not know about that :P)

That is the TWAT (Tactical Weapon Attachment Template)

OT: This is probably the worst addon name EVAR :o

~~~~~~~~

Can someone confirm the US Army REALLY uses these, as claimed in the video below?

Edited by [GR]Operative

the 3D warehouse of google has so many 3D models available, if you ask for permission and if you can convert the models (possible with sketchup pro) than you can spare a lot of work. it is still a lot of work to make the models applicable once you converted them. but you don't have to start from zero and search for reference material.

this model maker for example has many detailed and high quality models to use. he also gave me permission several time ago to use all of his models. so feel free to use them :)

personally i'd like to see this car in arma :cool:

if anyone has got sketchup pro, pls contact me. i need someone to convert the model into .3ds :D

Does anyone out there have any input on IWI's Negev LMG? Most YT videos are just too low quality to grasp the "characteristics". If anyone out there has or knows anyone who has fired this baby and maybe even could get their hands on some audio, I'd appreciate it.

Oh! Also aside from that--if anyone has any good reference links for MG3 mounts (for vehicles), that would be superb! Any and all types would be helpful to the ASTFOR project team. Thanks fellas. ^_^

@Yokhanan,

why dont u search for "fn minimi" sounds it is basicly them same machine gun.

Aha! Yeah was wondering about it. One decent video made it sound like a literal typewriter. Something tells me that wouldn't sound good in-game, lol. Will have to go down the minimi road at least for the time being. Kind of the same big family of LMG's, so hopefully others won't notice too much. :)

I want to say AN/PVS-23, mount etc. looks abit different though.

Highly likely not :D

Nope, not AN/PVS-23.

AN/AVS-6 or AN/AVS-9 ;)

Edited by da12thMonkey

Ahhh :D Damn Air Corps have to be different, can't have Lucie's like the rest of us :D

Does anybody have any decent images of the underside of an FN MAG/GPMG/M240/MAG 58/C6/Ksp 58? I'm really looking for some that show details of the bipod retainer (the part that stows the bipod legs in the 'up' position) and/or ejection port & dust cover area.

So far, images of this aspect seem to be like rocking horse shit so far as web searching goes, and the gimpies I come across are normally fixed securely on top of something big and metal. :)

Some more pics of the feed pawls, bolt assembly and driving spring wouldn't go a miss either. I've got a few but they're all from the same sort of angle and a bit blurry, so some more would be nice.

Edit: NVM the feed pawls - someone just posted some mega pics of this bit on mp.net

I know its nearly a year later but here are some photos.

th_2012-10-03135058.jpg

th_2012-10-03135048.jpg

th_2012-10-03135042.jpg

th_2012-10-03135024.jpg

th_2012-10-03135013.jpg

th_2012-10-03134958.jpg

hello anyone knows where i can find some good reference photos of the various versions of JLTV by lockheed martin?

thanks

Thinking about putting together yet another M4 pack! This one is designed to be a direct replacement for the SCAR's. So the same attachments for the same unit. But with M320's instead of 203's

Just wondering if the US army use M4 or M4A1, which LAM is issued, and anything else that would be issued or accurate around the timeline of Arrowhead (2012-2015)

Hi

HBUOLl.jpg

Does anybody know the exact make of this MOLLE hydration pack on the OA US Army Soldiers? I´m working on learning how to construct addons and specifically new texturing jobs, and I´m trying to find out how this specific pack looks irl in multisuck or whatever else is available. (Truthfully, I´m just trying to find out if there´s a modern version of the same pack with Velcro. I always will take up any excuse to add velcro. And patches.)

Thanks in advance for the help

Does anyone know if the LAV-M is based on a standard LAV hull or LAV-C2? (AKA MHQ from ArmA) Also why would the LAV-AD have a 7 shot FFAR pod in place of a stinger pod?

does anyone know name of US prototype from cold war era (i cannot say if it was 60s or 70s or 80s)

it had hull from Sheridan

it was IFV/APC

but it was not howitzer, it was not tank, it was not M114, it was not Expeditionary Tank - but it was from that program

than US planned make family of vehicles being counterpart for Soviet BMD/BTR-D/Nona etc. family