Sign in to follow this  
st3rv

Futuristic Military Forces Addon (WIP & TEAM REQUEST)

I have been making some new models for this new project that I am working on. Currently I am modelling the weaponary for the units and will be developing from there (time permitting). Here are a few pics of current status:

I am looking to assemble a team that can help me produce this addon to the standards that the community requires so if you are interested in creating concept military equipment and good at any of the following:

Modelling

Texturing

Configs

Scripts

Please PM me and I will be in touch ASAP

Here are a few models I've been working on for the past couple of days...

4rrcwn.jpg

34t4im1.jpg

fm8dpy.jpg

Looking fantastic :) I can't help with development, as I don't know how too, but I will be watching keenly!

These look awesome, ive been waiting for some fictional weapons mod. I dont know much about mod scripting and configs, but if you want a SP demo mission to go with your release i would be happy to help:pet5:

Edited by Jelliz

Thanks dude, I'll let you know when the equipment is available for beta test. :) In the mean time, feast your eyes on this number...

20utjmd.jpg

de6xi9.jpg

103dezm.jpg

9bcb4i.jpg

I envy you for having access to these. Just wondering, though, are you gonna improve those textures

man these will look awesome as a fictional new service rifle for the stock USMC BIS units! Or better yet, have you planned on making your own units?

@Black1ron: Lol what textures? (not even got to unwrapping the damn things yet :P) What do you mean by "having access"?

@Jelliz: Well I'd like to develop some units that go with the fictional weapons (I was thinking that the conspiracies: Rising Dead team might want to use this lot as a new perk on porting to ARMA2. Then you'll get the best of both worlds...Lots of Zombies to shoot with some wicked weapons.

I'm thinking about modelling the Rocket Launcher tonight...anyone got some ideas they might wanna sketch up and post on here?

Thanks for the positive feedback guys, it increases my faith in the whole project. :)

Edited by st3rv

I'd say a reloadable AT, something like a javlin/carl gustov with AT4. Probably go down the Jav style since its the newest and improve on it imo.

Could probably set it up so that it could fire AA and AT with smaller missiles so you can carry a few...thats all in the config, the real question is, how do you make a tube look cool?

You can use them

he can use them in whatever modelling program he is using, yes.

USE= move, rotate, scale + the whole range of cool things

he can use them in whatever modelling program he is using, yes.

USE= move, rotate, scale + the whole range of cool things

I like eye candy :D

Ooh right, yeah I think making them is the fun part. Do you make addons or anything then?

Heres a bit more eye candy...

sl73hw.jpg

Oh yeah, btw the software I use for modelling is 3dsMax9 followed by an export in 3ds format which can then be ported to oxygen.

If you wanted to get into that thing i'll be happy to give pointers where I can.

Edited by st3rv

Ooh right, yeah I think making them is the fun part. Do you make addons or anything then?

Heres a bit more eye candy...

http://i47.tinypic.com/sl73hw.jpg

Oh yeah, btw the software I use for modelling is 3dsMax9 followed by an export in 3ds format which can then be ported to oxygen.

If you wanted to get into that thing i'll be happy to give pointers where I can.

Sadly, I had to stop all projects I had running (mainly a BHD mod) when my pc crashed and all work was lost. I finally decided that my pc was no longer fit to even run easy programs like that. But yeah, making stuff is fun.

Edited by Black1ron

You can get upgrades for PCs for next to nothing these days ;) i got a 1gb grafix card for like £40 from my local PC shop along with a Motherboard for £50 and some and extra 2GB ram at £12 obviously all bought on separate occasions but cheap nonetheless. :) get it sorted so you can join the squad and make an LMG for the pack! :P

You can get upgrades for PCs for next to nothing these days ;) i got a 1gb grafix card for like £40 from my local PC shop along with a Motherboard for £50 and some and extra 2GB ram at £12 obviously all bought on separate occasions but cheap nonetheless. :) get it sorted so you can join the squad and make an LMG for the pack! :P

Isn't 50 pounds like 100 dollars though? There's the problem right there.

Its $78..

That assualt rifle looks pretty cool. Not a huge fan of anything futuristic, but I want to see what that assault rifle will look like textures.

Just one thing...Please don't give these weapons ridiculous colors like Chrome or something with red or green highlights. Flat black is a nice choice. :D

Its $78..

That assualt rifle looks pretty cool. Not a huge fan of anything futuristic, but I want to see what that assault rifle will look like textures.

Just one thing...Please don't give these weapons ridiculous colors like Chrome or something with red or green highlights. Flat black is a nice choice. :D

Well, anyways, the cards I have seen are at least 100 USD

I use 3dmax 2010 design most of the time, have begun learning Modo (and comparing the 2 every 5 minutes).

If it was me doing futuristic weapons, i would go Mass Effect Way, a lot more fancy weapons, with less similarities to current generation ones, but hey, just throwing it out there.

You got any refs that you are using, or modelling out of your head?

I was thinking of making the weaponary relatively recognisable and meet around the middle between present and future. Colour schemes are likely to vary dependant on what attachments it has. I'll most likely get the selection of camos I plan on using and see what you guys think to it...after all it is you lot that will be downloading it!

With the modelling I rarely use references unless theres a particular part of the model i'm struggling to design such as the scope on that sniper rifle on page 1...

---------- Post added at 04:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:18 PM ----------

How about this for a recon vehicle (just swap water cannons for chainguns n rocket launchers :P

ford-the-amatoya-1.jpg

How about this for a recon vehicle (just swap water cannons for chainguns n rocket launchers :P

I think you should go with something a bit more traditional, but that's cool, too!

LoL Get me pics and i'll look into it, that part is a long way off though ;)

Good Looking vehicles, you'll be modelling that once i show you the basics :P