marseille77

German Misc Pack released

What do you think about these Addons?  

172 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about these Addons?

Hey Marseille77,

I just registered to say THANK YOU, but I also have a question: do you know, if there is a NVA-skin pack for the Mil-Mi 24?

The east-German forces only include a Mil-Mi 8.

I am asking, because my father was pilot of a Mi-24 in the army of the former GDR. He already bought the Microsoft-Flight-Simulator and an additional pack with the Hind, but the grount textures are very bad (no trees, pictures on the ground shall be buildings, ...).

Then he saw the ArmA2 and the Hind and he loved flying arround.

Now I saw the NVA-pack and was realy overwhelmed, but the east-German Hind is missing :(

The BIS-Russian forces and your Polish forces include a Hind, which is pretty similar to the east-German one except:

• the national emblems on the left and on the right
  • the national emblem on the downside of the helicopter is unnecessary
  • the number of the helicopter on the left and on the right
  • the "Gefahr"-lettering in front of the tail rotor instead of the russian
    "ОПÐСÐО"
  • the black stripes on both sides under the Cockpit should be darker
  • the border line from camouflage to light blue on the outside is not perfect
    (but nearly)

The camouflage paintjob itself is very good.

Here are two authentic pictures and a screenshot for comparison.

mi24-06.jpg

attachment.php?attachmentid=69895&stc=1&d=1236491106

mil-mi24arma27ny1.jpg

If an additional Mil-Mi24-NVA-Skin is available, could you please send me the Link?

If there is no Skin-pack, could you please, PLEASE make one?!?:bounce3:

I think, Arma2 in addition with the NVA-pack, the civilian-pack, ... and an authentic NVA-Hind would be the best present for my father EVER!

Best wishes from Wolfsburg,

Thomas

Here some pice of my next updates. The policemen and officers were updated. I have added some more variants for Civ & Bw Pack

arma2oa2010111318541856.th.pngarma2oa2010111122163452.th.jpgarma2oa2010111122580191.th.jpg

arma2oa2010111019061842.th.pngarma2oa2010111019185507.th.png

You can see that the bags and other model items are remodeled on the units. The Bundeswehr units shoulder pads more rounded now.

Edited by Marseille77

Hey Marseille77,

do you know, if there is any NVA-skin-pack for the Mi-24 Hind?

My vather was a Hind-pilot in the atmy of the former GDR and it would be great, if he could fly "his" helicopter in ArmA.

Thanks a lot for the work you do and best wishes,

Thomas

Today some updates:

- German Civil Pack 1.6 (sorry for the wrong ver. name of file)

- German Police Pack 1.0 (Police divided from other packs), need German Civil Pack

Please delete older versions of:

- Golf Pack

- Lada Pack

- Civil Pack

arma2oa2010111707344343.th.pngarma2oa2010111707273183.th.pngarma2oa2010111707282814.th.png

Have Fun

PS: The rvmat bugs now suddenly fixed - it was a binpbo problem :)

Edited by Marseille77

nice stuff!

i noticed a problem with your normal maps though. if u look close u'll see that for example at the buttons of the police uniform the shadow is on top when it should be on the downside. same with the hat. the star on the front is inwards when it should be outwards.

u can fix this problem easily by inverting the green channel of the normal map in photoshop or any other similar application. in most tools for the creation of normal maps u can invert the green channel on the fly.

i made some pics to make in clearer:

nohq3.th.jpg

this where u find the channels in photoshop.

nohq.th.jpg

this how the green channel looks before u inverted it (left side) and afterwards (right side). u can literally see how the angle where the light comes from changes.

just select the green channel so the others are hidden. then select all (ctrl+A) then press (ctrl+I) to invert the colours in the channel.

just be sure to only invert the green channel.

other than that it looks really nice. do the bullen get a streifenwagen with martinshorn too?;)

nice stuff!

i noticed a problem with your normal maps though. if u look close u'll see that for example at the buttons of the police uniform the shadow is on top when it should be on the downside. same with the hat. the star on the front is inwards when it should be outwards.

u can fix this problem easily by inverting the green channel of the normal map in photoshop or any other similar application. in most tools for the creation of normal maps u can invert the green channel on the fly.

i made some pics to make in clearer:

nohq3.th.jpg

this where u find the channels in photoshop.

nohq.th.jpg

this how the green channel looks before u inverted it (left side) and afterwards (right side). u can literally see how the angle where the light comes from changes.

just select the green channel so the others are hidden. then select all (ctrl+A) then press (ctrl+I) to invert the colours in the channel.

just be sure to only invert the green channel.

other than that it looks really nice. do the bullen get a streifenwagen with martinshorn too?;)

Thanks for the help. The Problem is that the Nvidia plugin turns some dark parts in the wrong direction like belts or black insignas. The fixed nohqs will be include in the next update when modern police units also be added.

I had to try to make a VW Passat some times ago for the Western Police but I've lost the interest after I had some problems.

Edited by Marseille77

Hey Marseille77,

looks great. After all our messages I was hard working on a new skin for the Mil Mi 24.

Here is a picture of the interim result. The outside is nearly done, next steps will be some cooling ribs and creating a light blue cockpit, because the german helicopters didn't have those green ones.

linksrx66.jpg

rechtsfzpz.jpg

So far,

Thomas

edit: The outside is ready now, hope you like it, so I changed the picture and added another one

Edited by der_Thomas

Hey Marseille77,

442-cottbusxx2u.jpg

Looks great, Thomas. Do you want also make a west German test version from 1990/91?

Today a new update of the GSG9 Pack who is renamed in BGS Pack 1.2 with BGS Soldiers for FRG/GDR Border patrol, Landrover and new weapon for GSG9. ArmA: OA needed

GSG9

BGS Patrol

BGS Officers

download see first post

Edited by Marseille77

Hey Marseille77,

the outside is ready now, so I edited my last post.

I don't think that I will create a Hind with west-German skin, cause they where in the field for three years only and never had an important function for the west-German army.

Beside the addon-pack is calle "project'85", and in 1985 there was no Hind in the hands of the west-German army ;)

The new update of the NVA Pack is out (Ver. 1.5). The additional pack for OA ist not needed anymore but the SCUD isn't included anymore.

- L-39 added

- LAK shelter added

- Flags for Volkmarine added

- Ammo crate

- more rookie soldiers for army & airforce in parade uniform

- Mi-24D/P (NVA/Bundeswehr WTD)

PS: Pics under the download has been updated... ;)

see first post... Have fun

Nice work!

ArmedAssault.info Mirror and News:

7590929.gif

Required Addons :

DOWNLOAD - P85 for ArmA2 Config

DOWNLOAD - P85 for ArmA2 Troops

DOWNLOAD - P85 for ArmA2 Vehicles

DOWNLOAD - P85 for ArmA2 Weapons

We have also added this release to your personal author profile

If a release or contact information is missing, feel free to drop a PM, it will then be added.

Edited by Marko112
Mirror added

Hey Marseille,

nice to know that you made some "spacer"-Hinds ;-)

My outside-skins for the army of the former GDR are read now.

With the help of my vather I made some changes, for example the hints upon the doors are correct now.

Both helicopters realy were existing. The 442 was a Mi 24 Hind P that was based in Cottbus. The 524 was a Hind D/ V, but I don't know, where this one was based.

Here are some pictures. If you want to, I could upload the 4 paa-datas so you can use them.

verbandsflugqtqp.jpg

442totalir0d.jpg

detailpilottrmqjb.jpg

detailausleger3smu.jpg

detailschtze5tw5.jpg

Here you can find some Pictures from the "real" ones (take a loook at threat #883):

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?101350-Warsaw-pact-ground-troops-cold-war-era/page59

Best wishes,

Thomas

Important message!

I've fixed a texture bug on the L-39 and added a T-55 Tank with NVA roundels. NVA Addon 1.5a is now online in the first post.

Sorry for the mistake :)

Hey Marseille77,

what's about some Bundeswehr signs like these ones:

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o293/kiddynamite_2007/Brig2010/IMG_1610.jpg > 100 kb

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o293/kiddynamite_2007/Brig2010/IMG_1611.jpg > 100 kb

could be quite useful.

Greetz

Edited by W0lle
Images > 100 kb

@KidDynamite

It's a option and a good idea. I haven't so much experience with that signs but I can plan this for future release

A new update of the BW Pack is online.. Version 1.4 with these changes:

- more soldier variants (with new shoulder pads and helmets)

- generals for Army and Airforce

- Female doc

- ammo & medic box (the original big box for ammo in the next update)

- a new file structure inside pbo

see first post

Have fun

It's a option and a good idea. I haven't so much experience with that signs but I can plan this for future release

Sounds good. Maybe you can cooperate with the BWMod in order to use their tactical sign scripts. it only needs the blank plate, and each of the tactical units could add via script ?

Do you plan on adding bisigns to the BW pack? They're not in v1.4 pack.

Did I've forgotten it to pack it into the pbo? Yes I forgot it. I reupload it again with the bisign files inside.

Do anyone use both mods (P85 & BWMod) together? I have also made a config for this case. In this config you can also choosing the MARS with vilas Bundeswehr Soldiers or advanced Leopard, Marder or M109 skins. I've tested it and there no bugs. After the Project 1985 update from yesterday you can change the skin with the hiddenselectiontexture script like the BIS ones.

But I have to ask vilas for permission. I don't know if he made the update for this reason.

Update: I updated the link with a rar with included bisignfiles

Edited by Marseille77
update

Thank you! :) It couldn't hurt to have that config too. Really didn't think about using those two mods together.

Edited by GD Mast

Hi, Marseillle77, great mod and characters!

Just curious, after the 70's and the 90's, any intentions of making 2000's gsg9s?

hbvxptbspxgenr467xabo3.jpg