Sign in to follow this  
Leopoldo

How to i use a UAV Terminal?

Ok let me start off and apologise if i am being really dense here, i have tried searching for a thread already made about this but cant seem to find one but it seems no one else has felt the need to ask this question so i am not sure why i am finding this so hard.

I am doing a single player campaign, after the first couple of missions i am told i can use the UAV Terminal at the base, i managed to find it but i can not find anyway to use it. I have also been told i can use the UAV Terminal when doing the Manhatten mission, again i have found something that lists itself as a UAV Terminal but i can not figure out how to use it.

I assume i should be able to eventually set-up a UAV and either fly it or be able to look at its camera footage.

What i assume is the UAV Terminal is a trailer type structure, with a dish on top, when i press SPACE it comes up as "UAV Terminal".

I cant find anyway to interact with it, when i press space there is an "interact" option at the top but its greyed out.

I ahve never played ARMA 1 and i am new to ARMA 2, i have looked in the manual but can not find a guide on how to use these UAV Terminals during the single player campaign.

Would someone be kind enough to write me a guide on how to start using the terminal and set up the UAV so i can utilise it?

It should come up in your action menu. Also you should already see a UAV flying overhead.

It should come up in your action menu. Also you should already see a UAV flying overhead.

yeah i am not sure what just changed, i was trying to use tha action menu (middle mouse button) but it was not coming up with UAV, after frantically clicking the thing for hours now i finally tried clicking around the ladder as one of the UAV Terminals in the first base had a useable ladder, when trying to see if this one at Manhatten is the same the UAV option magically appeared and now i cant stop it coming up, no matter now where i click on the UAV Terminal i now get the UAV option.

Sorry i am not sure if i was just being dense or i was bugged until i clicked a little higher up on the UAV Terminal, when clicking the ladder instead of looking straight ahead i was looking up at the roof, when i clicked in this position the UAV option came out. The one in the first base to use the ladder you have to press the action button but i pretty sure that i did not receive a UAV option that time, maybe i could not see the wood for the trees.

Man this has been bugging me for a while, i have no idea why all of a sudden an option to use it has now appeared.

thanks for your reply.

Would someone be kind enough to write me search for a guide on how to start using the terminal and set up the UAV so i can utilise it?

Don't know if you looked here yet, but the wiki has some info. There are many posts on it in these forums, some addons, Mandoble Missiles(?), make it easier, etc...

Good luck.

Don't know if you looked here yet, but the wiki has some info. There are many posts on it in these forums, some addons, Mandoble Missiles(?), make it easier, etc...

Good luck.

thanks

yeah i came across that during my search but i have no idea what it means, is it how to set up a UAV in the Editor when making your own maps/missions?

I have not really played about with the editor yet.

It seems it was as simple as targeting it and pressing the action button, which i had tried, i have no idea why the UAV option did not show before, i had tried that but all i could do was swop between my pistol and rifle but now i have the UAV option.