Sign in to follow this  
This kid

Want to synchronize trigger... :-(

Hi!

I have used a script to create a trigger during the mission. This works fine. Now I want to synchronize that trigger to a waypoint the was made in the editor.

Anybody know how to do that?

I know how to synchronize triggers and waypoints in the editor: I choose the Syncronize tool and pull a string from the trigger to the waypoint, no sweat.

But is there a way to synchronize a trigger created with a script after the mission has started with a waypoint that was there from the beginning?

Please help.

Hmm I don't know. But you might consider using the trigger in the editor as normal, but moving it out the way over the sea or something, them setPos it to where you need it when you need it :)

Thanks for the reply!

The trigger is a Radio Alpha trigger that the player will use to call in a helicopter for extraction, but I dont want him to be able to make that call until certain mission objectives are completed. That is why I only create this trigger towards the end onf the mission.

Sadly, a radio trigger is not hidden from the player by putting it out at sea.

For that you don't need any scripts at all.

In the init.sqs/sqf type:

1 setRadioMsg "NULL"

This hides/disables Radio Alpha (the trigger must be present of course).

Create another trigger which checks if all objectives are met and if yes enable Radio Alpha with

1 setRadioMsg "Call Extraction"

No scripting necessary, all you need are two triggers.