Sign in to follow this  
Leopoldo

ARMA 2 CTD but still running in Task Manager

The symptoms you're describing sound like a faulty power supply (not a lack of power, can happen with that, but more likely a fault in a resistor of your power supply). Although if that was the case then running a power hungry application (something that utilizes the CPU and both graphics cards, like a good benchmarking program) would give the same results.

The fact that it's happening with the UAV leads me to believe that some files are possibly corrupt during the install/patch. If you haven't tried already (which you probably have), re-install back to base install (1.0 or 1.1 depending on release), or if you're running steam then do a fresh delete of local files and redownload, then test to see if it works fine.

Of course I would also suggest other than running a bench like 3d mark, also try a CPU and GPU stress test to check the individual components.

Also, as a last thought, have you tried running Arma 2 off a non-RAID non-SSD drive?

thanks for the reply

I have tried running the game on my raptor drive, doesn't make any difference.

i have tested other games to see if its possibly my system but i had no issues until i started trying to play ARMA 2 and i till have no issues with any other games or benchmarks.

to me this seems like an issue with Nvidia drivers and Quad SLI and possibly the game itself. For example i get a negative value for 3D performance in the ARMA.cfg

Edited by Leopoldo

thanks for the reply

i have tested other games to see if its possibly my system but i had no issues until i started trying to play ARMA 2 and i till have no issues with any other games or benchmarks.

to me this seems like an issue with Nvidia drivers and Quad SLI and possibly the game itself. For example i get a negative value for 3D performance in the ARMA.cfg

I don't think you have problems with your system, it happens to me too, randomly, and I have ATI video card, it is a game issue, possible issue from 1.5 patch.

thanks for the reply

Try these maybe (google them)...

'Pirme95' (stresses test)

'Memtest86' (Tests memory, you'll need to burn the image to CD and boot off it)

And use these to monitor CPU, GPU, Temps etc while running stressing ya PC and running A2...

'CPU-Z'

'GPU-Z'

'Core Temp'

There are many more, I'm sure many here will suggest apps for you to figure out where the problem is :)

Have you run with one card or even something with one GPU? as the GTX295 is essentially 2x 260s... A2 and SLi don't mix well with some pc's

hope ya find a fix :)

I've got a feeling this is actually to do with the game being unable to 'flush' existing used memory. This would explain why if I periodically use the flush command in game my play time is extended by leaps and bounds.

I've already tested my whole memory with Memtest (0 errors).

I use the performance monitor included in win7 and I always see a pike in the memory usage just before it crashes (saving or loading a campaign mission).

So yes it's due to a memory problem in my case.

message to everyone that had or still have this problem:

PLEASE go there and VOTE for it http://dev-heaven.net/issues/8746

really need few time to register and vote, you can also send your RPT and config files in order to resolve those really annoying bug faster!

thanks

massi

message to everyone that had or still have this problem:

PLEASE go there and VOTE for it http://dev-heaven.net/issues/8746

really need few time to register and vote, you can also send your RPT and config files in order to resolve those really annoying bug faster!

thanks

massi

Good job Massi. :)

Please discuss everything here and only vote or load up RPT´s (or asked for by the CIT team) to the ticket. Writing that "you wont play the campaign due to this problem" is not helpful information for BI and wont help them fix it. It will just clog up Messi's ticket. A vote is powerful enough if you have the same issue but nothing relevant to add to it. :)

Now take Massi's advice and vote if you have this issue. ;)

It could very well be a 1.5 issue installer issue. I had to install the patch 3 times (on top of each other) to get it to install properly.

Good job Massi. :)

Please discuss everything here and only vote or load up RPT´s (or asked for by the CIT team) to the ticket. Writing that "you wont play the campaign due to this problem" is not helpful information for BI and wont help them fix it. It will just clog up Messi's ticket. A vote is powerful enough if you have the same issue but nothing relevant to add to it. :)

Now take Massi's advice and vote if you have this issue. ;)

You 're definitely right Alex , I was a bit angry, but aniway I now people is working hard in order to give us better game ;)

So I'm sorry, apologize ...edited my comment :)

The best thing we ,players , can do is support them giving all infos they need , as you said !

cheers

massi

It took a day or two to get to me, but it did eventually come along.:)

Hey Imperator, we were on the same server today. Don..lol

I also voted! Already registered earlier for another vote ;) The crashes are so random, first I got the "Receiving black screen" bug, then CTDs with error message and now I get this CTD w/o error message and arma2.exe still in task manager. Btw, this is only happening when playing MP games. I rarely crash in SP!

It's so frustrating when you meet good people and have a nice game going.

PS. another thing..totally off topic sorry, but is there any chance to change name in main account? The game uses my name from Windows, I'd love to change it.

I still get this blasted error. It's driving me nuts, and, as such, I have voted.

Core i7 965

GTX 285 SLi

eVGA Classified X58 LE

12GB Reaper DDR3

:argh:

Voted. I had to wait for my registration to work. Someone should start a ticket about that too. ;)

Hi,

Tried adding -cpuCount=4 , it helped me in terms of performance and other crash to desktop reasons...but I still have this CTD with Arma2.exe still running in process task manager.

cheers

massi

Does it crash without any mods loaded?

Also try running in xp compatibility mode

Voted, but I had to wait 2 days for confirmation to my registration.

Does it crash without any mods loaded?

Also try running in xp compatibility mode

I dont use any mods and i read from patch 1.05 there is no need to do the XP compatibility thing.

That just means you don't have to do the -winxp if you're having the 8gb ram texture problem after 1.05. Running in XP compatibility mode is a different thing altogether (-winxp only forces the game to use the XP version of Direct3d)

That just means you don't have to do the -winxp if you're having the 8gb ram texture problem after 1.05. Running in XP compatibility mode is a different thing altogether (-winxp only forces the game to use the XP version of Direct3d)

thanks for informing me of the difference, i will give compatibility mode a try.

Just had my first CTD for a while. Arma 2 still going happily in the background processes... very annoying. Running -CPUCOUNT 4 | WIN 7 X64 | 6GB RAM

Everyone getting this error, what version are you using? DvD, Steam, D2D?

I have had this issue since way back when the demo first came out. I am still getting the ctd with the steam retail version. PLEASE fix this