Sign in to follow this  
Starforce21

Saving Valentina in Manhatten

Saving Valentina

If you are quick you can save her, but not Dr Sova. I spoke to Valentina just after I left the FOB at the start, she gave me info. I drove through Krastonovav and spoke to the good doctor. Then I captured Lagushina, and took her straight to the LZ. As I approached, Valentina tried to drive past, it seems she drives through Krastonovav then through to Gvozdao. I had played this earlier and knew her fate, so I shot out her tyres. She gets out of the car and just starts running in a straight line, I cannot stop her. Anyway I evac Lagushina, so I go back to see the Doctor and he is already hanging. 30 seconds later I get the message that the Doctor is dead, but where it previously stated that Valentina took a bullet to the head, it said nothing. So she lives, somewhere in the world.

Following Valentina

I replayed the mission and followed her. She arrives at the sentry point outside of the FOB at around 1045 hrs, not long after you get told about the bombing in Moscow. She then drives through Krastonovav, ploughing through everything in her path. She proceeds to Gorka, straight through. She refuels at a petrol station at 1105. By 1106 she has completed a full circle and is back where you first meet her, outside the FOB sentry. She keeps doing laps. This raises a question: if she never disembarks, how does the lynching in the area affect her? It is presumed that she is pulled over and shot (a trigger is in place to kill her in her vehicle) I say this because after I disabled her car the first time and she got out and ran (straight to Gorka, her next waypoint) she wasn't killed. In conclusion, either she is meant to die, or you are able to save her by forcing her to run. I think that's unlikely, but it's all I've figured out.

Another point to note is that at around 1103 when she passes through Gorka, the yellow truck there starts driving somewhere. I didn't follow it, but that seemed odd.

I haven't finished the campaign yet, but I will let you guys know if she appears again....

Cool. I saw her, and tried to stop her by ramming her with my humvee, and she took off at rocket speed. I followed her for a while, until her car just disappeared into thin air!

When I passed by later on I saw her car by the side of the road with a jeep and some guys investigating.

take a LAV from manhatten and use it as a roadblock. trust me, doesn't matter how much of a woman driver she tries to be, there is no way she is ramming passed that. Get out and shoot her tyres for chipping the paintwork. military paint don't come cheap you know.

Heres also a twist of fate that will cause a paradox in the space time continueum. Rather than trying to find a way to save Doctor Sova or prevent his hanging, has anyone actually tried shooting him in the face when you first meet him? Didn't see that one coming did ya? Im sure as mentioned by Doctor Emmet Brown in back to the future movies that by doing so will cause a game trigger break so powerful that the arma universe will implode on itself. Or alternatively By doing this you won't get a radio call about the mob lynching, which in turn also means no Dead Valentina. So rather than chasing her around and pulling her over for dangerous driving, by killing the Doctor you prevent the chedaki lynchings and save Valentinas life. I think that one life in return for thousands of others is an acceptable sacrifice.

Edited by Archamedes

I didnt have to shoot her tires. When I was arresting Legushina I had LAV parked and she crashed in the back wrecking little red car. One more proof women cant drive:).

She stops the car and gets out to greet you when she sees you (i. e. if you're not in a vehicle).

She stops the car and gets out to greet you when she sees you (i. e. if you're not in a vehicle).

Yeah... not before her car ram into you and killed you...

Since I never notice I could met the doctor and Valentina again so I replayed Manhattan yesterday and guess what, I was running in the middle of the road and saw her car coming in full speed and almost hit me before I realized that was her...

Interestingly, I disabled her vehicle in one of my replays and never saw the valentina death scene during that play. And darn, I really should try shooting sova in the very first mission! Thats really interesting! Would love to see what happens later!

I think you can actually save her by shoot the tires out of her car. She will dismount and not triggering the event that she was shot in a car later.

At least the swordsman did not mention her after I did this.

btw, she is a fxxx fast cross country runner, even faster than her car lol

Strange thing with Valentina, first time I tried that mission she spawned on the road outside FOB Manhattan just as we arrived there at the start of the mission. Me, having an itchy trigger finger, heard this revving car coming towards us and assumed it was a hostile and ordered my men to open fire - only to realize we'd just massacred an unarmed woman..oops :o

Second time, now realizing she was part of the mission, she stops and gets out of the car but she takes one look at us and sprints back to her car and speeds off :confused:. Followed her for miles through the map until she reaches a dead end and jumps out of the car, the way she jumped out I was half expecting her to produce an AK47 and start shooting..but she just stood there and refused to talk to us.

Third time, met her on the road west of Krasnostav, near where the US checkpoint is. This time she almost runs me over, then gets out and talks to me. Then she hops back over to her car and speeds off..and disappears under the wheels of an APC 100m away. Car gets pummeled, she appears uninjured and runs off into the woods, never to be seen again. Strange thing, until that point, I'd only rescued Dr. Sova on the previous mission and when she had started talking to me and acting like I remembered her, I'm like 'what on earth is this woman on about?' :confused:

Frustrating mission but gave me a laugh or two when parts of the mission script went fubar :p

The first time I met Valentina in this mission she killed a civilian with her driving skills :D Then she disembarked, talked to me and continued her tour. I couldn't listen to her because I was laughing my soul out :D