Sign in to follow this  
dmarkwick

JTD Fat Rain

Turns default rain into fatter rain. Just looks better I think :)

3-animation.png

arma22010-01-2801-18-48-68.jpg

to:

arma22010-01-2801-16-20-46.jpg

Edited by DMarkwick

Any performance implication?

Should be none, it's a direct texture swap, no additions or increases.

Yep, just tested. It looks great.

Outstanding work....:cool::D

Super, love getting these free lunches, collectively they all add up. Thanks.

Non-constructive post: Was just listening to Bill Hicks and then went onto t'internet - saw this thread called 'Fat Rain' and clicked on it expecting something very different from the end result :)

Very good stuff though, am downloading now.

Cheers DM and T-Rexian, much obliged - DA

I just noticed something that I don't think I would have noticed with default rain - you don't get rained on when you're under a tree. You can see rain, but the close-up rain stops, meaning you're sheltered I guess. What ingame effect this implies I don't know :)

But it makes me think - there is ALREADY a hardcoded way to find out if the player is close to a tree. Which is something I was looking for a few weeks back. I wonder how we can utilise this functionality, is there a variable to monitor or something? I know we were discussing the possibility of being more difficult to see when you're very near to a tree, and this functionality solves at least half that problem :)

Edited by DMarkwick

I think the contemporary vernacular dictates it be referred to as "width impaired rain." Please make a note of it. ;)

Indeed, perspective is such a small, but important, thing.... pardon the pun.

Great eye candy mod from you again. :)

Looks much better than default and when we some day get vietnam stylish island this would fit perfectly to it.

I like your effort.

My wish is that someone can make rainstorms appear as in the Hard Rain chapter in L4D2, ie; downpour so hard you can barely see and the roar of the rain drowns out everything (pun intended ;))

Does this work wtih Nim weather? Doesnt Nim weather already change the look of the rain?

I just noticed something that I don't think I would have noticed with default rain - you don't get rained on when you're under a tree. You can see rain, but the close-up rain stops, meaning you're sheltered I guess. What ingame effect this implies I don't know :)

But it makes me think - there is ALREADY a hardcoded way to find out if the player is close to a tree. Which is something I was looking for a few weeks back. I wonder how we can utilise this functionality, is there a variable to monitor or something? I know we were discussing the possibility of being more difficult to see when you're very near to a tree, and this functionality solves at least half that problem :)

IIRC, you see splashes on the ground, but no raindrops to make them? I've noticed this when standing under cover. This is what I see with default rain, I'll install Fat Rain and test later.

Great work on that rain! Looks very good!

DMarkwick, could you, please, sign the addon for the next release?

there is ALREADY a hardcoded way to find out if the player is close to a tree.

Which could be utilized for quite a few things. Eg, a chainsaw addon (useful for combat engineering, City Life RPG lumberjacking profession etc.) or damage from flying wood splinters.

Nice looking raindrops, BTW :cool:

hehe m8, really good stuff ... again. THX :)

Downloading. Looking forward to actually seeing the rain instead of only enjoying the sound for once. :D Thanks a bunch!

Finaly real rain in A2, thanks alot this makes me very happy :) Works perfectly with NIM weather & sky tex. mods. Only thing weird was when flying a AH64 it seems there was only "fatrain" in the front window in the sidewindows the rain was normal size? But maybe its just me :)

To be more street you should have named it:

Phat Rain

:)

This is much more obvious, and harks back to your good old DMRain mod in A1 :)