Sign in to follow this  
Shinji

Mission works Fine In the editor ... but not in mission folder.

this problem Has been there From the beginning Of my recent Mission Creating career.

The mission works really Fine in the editor ... Using the preview Button. but When I move it to the mission folder I get the mission Addon message.

and the game just Freezes ... (Sometimes in other missions .you can click on and the thing works ... NOT MY CASE) I can do nothing but ALT+F4.

Q1 : can you help me please

Q2 : IF you can't ... just tell me if it's the same to play the mission from the editor ... Coz I don't mind.

I get the missing Addon : BRDM

I assume it's BIS addon coz I don't have a russian vehicules mod ....

and I'm sure the addon is not missing.

Post the content of the mission.sqm of your mission to see if someone spot something bad in it.

And what do you mean by "When I move it to the mission folder" ?

In the editor have you clicked on Save , then at the line Save As you selected "Export to Single Missions" right ?

Because if you did it this correct way, you don't have to move anything to the mission folder.

If you indeed moved something to the mission folder, remove it before save/exporting it from the mission save menu

Well, this is only a guess, but it might work. Try opening the mission.sqm file in the mission folder of yours with Notepad for example. At the very begin of the file, there should be lines like this:

class Mission
{
addOns[]=
{
	[b]"BRDM",[/b]
	"bis_resistance",
	"BMP2",
	"BIS_WeaponPack",
	"6g30",
	"Kolo"
};
addOnsAuto[]=
{
	"BMP2",
	"bis_resistance",
	"6g30",
	"Kolo"
};

This config entry lists all the required addOns for the mission. Note that it's just an example and you might have something else listed there, but make sure you have "BRDM" listed under addOns[]=. If not, simply add it there like seen above. Or maybe if you already do have it there, you might need to remove it. Either way, this might get rid of the error message.

You probably have similar config entries under class Intro, class OutroWin and class OutroLoose at the very end of the mission.sqm file, depending if your mission has any of those cutscenes. If it does, look for those config entries and do the same as I adviced above.

LOL

@ALL of you ... Thank you!!

What I was doing is Create a mission save it ... and then Copy past it from The users/missions to /missions.

I didn't even see the Export thingy. I've been doing this from the beginning.