Sign in to follow this  
andersson

andy_mags, unique models for magasines

After some "porra-pressure" I finally got my self together to port my addon from arma to arma2.

This is a beta as I dont have all models. I will not make the missing models myself as I must prioritize my arma2 time..

I am however asking you as community member if you like to help this addon into a signed v1.0?

Proper credit will be given ofcourse, but beware that what you add to this addon will fall under the BIS mlod-license!

Once I have all models I will release v1.0 of this addon and sign it so it can be used in MP.

gearph2.th.jpg

Release thread for arma1

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=66201

Armaholic: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9341

Freewebs download:http://www.freewebs.com/andersson/andy_mags_arma2_0.9.7z

Readme:

To use. Put the file 'andy_mags.pbo' into a modfolder of your choice.

You can ignore the rest of the files unless you want to help me. If so, read on :)

I made this using BIS released mlods for arma1.

As I used the BIS mlods I agreed to the licens there are released under.

If you want to use anything of this for your own models be sure to read the

ARMA_SampleVehiclesAndWeapons_readme.txt also, or visit BIS official forum for info.

If you do your model/addon will fall under the same license!

This is a beta as arma2 have a few more magasines that is not included.

Due to limited time for me I will not make any new models (have to setup and learn O2 and so on..)

So I'm asking you as a member of this community for help. If you have anything that can help please

send it to me so I can add it into this addon. Credit will ofcourse be given!

You can contact me through the official forum http://forums.bistudio.com/.

Beware that if you support this addon with your own model that model will also fall under the BIS license,

meaning anyone can use it as they see fit (and if they do their work will also fall under the BIS license

[its like a virus, cunning BIS..]).

Whats needed to complete this addon:

Magasine models for:

7Rnd_45ACP_1911

75Rnd_545x39_RPK

30Rnd_762x39_AK47

30Rnd_556x45_G36 (uses the magasine model from arma1, not the same as in the arma2 weapon)

20Rnd_762x51_DMR

100Rnd_556x45_BetaCMag

(all M203 and GP25 uses the same ugly bad model)

1Rnd_HE_M203

FlareWhite_M203

FlareGreen_M203

FlareRed_M203

FlareYellow_M203

1Rnd_Smoke_M203

1Rnd_SmokeRed_M203

1Rnd_SmokeGreen_M203

1Rnd_SmokeYellow_M203

1Rnd_HE_GP25

FlareWhite_GP25

FlareGreen_GP25

FlareRed_GP25

FlareYellow_GP25

1Rnd_SMOKE_GP25

1Rnd_SmokeRed_GP25

1Rnd_SmokeGreen_GP25

1Rnd_SmokeYellow_GP25

(the 4 new smoke colours uses the red model as a placement, the MLODs are in the pack)

SmokeShellYellow

SmokeShellPurple

SmokeShellBlue

SmokeShellOrange

Once I have all models I will release v1.0 of this addon and sign it so it can be used in MP.

Also if you see anything that you would like to change (you have a better magasine or whatever),

contact me and I add it if I agree ;)

andersson

Edited by andersson

Thats great!

I loved it to see magazines instead of packages since

OFP!

Thx. andersson, this is that wat we need. :bounce3: The damn it Backpack (Satchel Charges) Object is removed. :yay:

Edit:

The M24 Ammo hav a bug in to the shadow lod.

aqe9myeful2c.jpg

Edited by SyNcRoNiCzZ

Good to see this made it's way into ArmA2. Thank you.

Edit:

The M24 Ammo hav a bug in to the shadow lod.

Shit.. I guess its because its still binarized for arma1? Looks like I have to spend some more time on this.

Nothing will happen for a while as Im going away for 2 weeks. If anyone knows whats wrong or find out what to do dont hesitate, the MLODs are in the pack. I will be able to read this forum and reply, but I will be away from arma2.

I guess you will find other odd stuff then.. Post whatever you find here in this thread so it all can be fixed for the v1.0 release.

Once again, my arma time is limited so if anyone want to speed up the process I gladly add any fixes/additions from you all.

Thank you.

Shit.. I guess its because its still binarized for arma1? Looks like I have to spend some more time on this.

Nothing will happen for a while as Im going away for 2 weeks. If anyone knows whats wrong or find out what to do dont hesitate, the MLODs are in the pack. I will be able to read this forum and reply, but I will be away from arma2.

I guess you will find other odd stuff then.. Post whatever you find here in this thread so it all can be fixed for the v1.0 release.

Once again, my arma time is limited so if anyone want to speed up the process I gladly add any fixes/additions from you all.

Thank you.

No Problem andersson time is time. I think this Addon Idea is great for feel´ing in A2, on ground see the right Objects, and not a Satchel Charges as a M16a4 Mag.

Of course you would need to refine the addon, the Original A2 Mlod´s (i think thet´s A2 Mlod´s comes to release to OA).

But in order to come back to the point, it just looks better on the floor who is the correct object. And not the placeholder (Satchel Charges.) ;)

Keep it up the Work, to comes out the Version 1.0

To the Shadow Lod problem, i hav look at this. The Shadow Model is not right "Triangulate /" or "Triangulate \". and then again press the key "U" to "Sharp Edge" this is the Problem suspect i. ;)

Ok, good to know. Thanks :)

For sure this addon will be v1.0 someday. I just cant promise when as RL takes its time right now, any help will speed up that process though.

Ok, good to know. Thanks :)

For sure this addon will be v1.0 someday. I just cant promise when as RL takes its time right now, any help will speed up that process though.

No problem andersson, i can help you wiht this. Who do you want. ;)

Great! You have all the MLODs, see if you can make them into proper arma2 models. That would be a great help!!

Then ofcourse if you have models of the missing magasines (be aware of the BIS license though!).

You are more then welcome! Its more important that the community get this addon then me trying to keep it "as mine" imho.

Great! You have all the MLODs, see if you can make them into proper arma2 models. That would be a great help!!

Then ofcourse if you have models of the missing magasines (be aware of the BIS license though!).

You are more then welcome! Its more important that the community get this addon then me trying to keep it "as mine" imho.

Yes andersson, this is right ;)

The Problems but make a few weapons, (Shotgun ammo, the Rocket Launcher´s ammo, ect.)

But ok, the Shotgun Ammo can i make self completely new.

Nice! :D

About the rocket ammo, I do have models of them too, but BIS did incorporate them in arma2 so thats not necessary. Unless you see something wrong and want to improve.

After some "porra-pressure" I finally got my self together to port my addon from arma to arma2.

This is a beta as I dont have all models. I will not make the missing models myself as I must prioritize my arma2 time..

I am however asking you as community member if you like to help this addon into a signed v1.0?

Proper credit will be given ofcourse, but beware that what you add to this addon will fall under the BIS mlod-license!

gearph2.th.jpg

Release thread for arma1

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=66201

Armaholic: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9341

Freewebs download:http://www.freewebs.com/andersson/andy_mags_arma2_0.9.7z

Readme:

I ported this ages ago, but just used it myself, I have more models if u want me to send it to you anderson...

Ooohh, yes please!! (You should have released it ;) )

Im away on a job right now so Im not home for the next 2 weeks. But when Im home I would love to get my hands on what you have!

Btw, Christian.1987 have made a very nice grenade model for the m203, so things are shaping up!

Gotta love this community.

Looks good, nice work. Good to see the community working together on something to improve the visual quality of the game.