Sign in to follow this  
keimosabe

make a task show 5 positions...

I want to create a task and have 5 marker positions set up to show in it. I know how to get a single marker position but what it is is that I have an objective that randomizes among 5 different locations each time a mission starts and when the trigger creates the next step in the mission that references those 5 possible locations, I want all 5 of them to show up on players maps.

They still have to go search each location, but what is the syntax?

setsimpletaskdestination (getmarkerpos "loc1");

is what you use for a single location. How would I change it to show loc1-loc5? Thanks in advance guys.:D

Correct me if i'm wrong but i don't think there's such command. In this case i'd give no destination but place 5 visible markers on the map and tell the player that he should search that 5 areas.

I want to create a task and have 5 marker positions set up to show in it. I know how to get a single marker position but what it is is that I have an objective that randomizes among 5 different locations each time a mission starts and when the trigger creates the next step in the mission that references those 5 possible locations, I want all 5 of them to show up on players maps.

They still have to go search each location, but what is the syntax?

is what you use for a single location. How would I change it to show loc1-loc5? Thanks in advance guys.:D

I think someone did a thread just like this but with triggers not objectives. I bet that thread can be applied to objectives too. Just a thought, it's worth a look.

yeah, that's what I figured and that's what I've been doing. What I was trying to accomplish is for the players to not see or know what is in store for them BEFORE time. I can make the tasks some "on the fly" but when they look at the briefing map and see a bunch of markers already showing up, it kinda blows the feel ya know.

I guess I could hide the markers to begin with and then use a trigger to make them show up when the new task associated with them activates. Thanks for the help guys