Sign in to follow this  
gonza

VTS3.5 - Live Multiplayer coop mission editor

New version : VTS 3.5 RC 07

RC 07 change log :

-Improved Save and/or Load option (this should fix some object not spawning correctly sometime, but Build is a bit longer now)

-Improved unit spawning performance again (Please, let me know if you encounter any issue with 2D or 3D spawn)

-Improved 3D Spawn (now using the FPS camera)

-Improved the 3D Displacer tool (now using the FPS camera)

-Added "Land_fire" objects to the object listing scanner

fd39e5eafdc5e40605ed184e10b3att.jpg

AWESOME! I really appreciate the fire back!

RC 08 work in progress changelog :

-Added the ability to use the ambient animals module

-Added vts_function library to easiliy create : IED, Hostage, Pickable_Object, Destroyable_Object... (see command line help for information)

-Fixed name field for unit, vehicle, empty vehicle, object, the name will return the object for futher manipulation of the GM

-Fixed name field for group, the name will return the group for futher manipulation of the gm

-Fixed the init field, it should apply to all object and unit of a group

Hi

Was play this with my clan member tonight. All the guys could not use there guns after there died so had to go to the ammo box each time to pick up a new gun.

Any ideas

Does anyone is encountering problems running the last VTS toghether with ace mod with the new patch?

Hi

Was play this with my clan member tonight. All the guys could not use there guns after there died so had to go to the ammo box each time to pick up a new gun.

Any ideas

On which island did you encounter this?

With which mods or addons?

On which island did you encounter this?

With which mods or addons?

Hi

Was running on a joint operation server no mods

Map was Zargabad

Thanks

New version : VTS 3.5 RC 08

RC 08 change log :

-Add : Enable/Disable Ambient animals module

-Add : VTS function library (quickly create , IED, Hostage, VIP, Target, Pickable...)

-Add : Available init function list

-Add : Placeable Environement Audio on the map

-(Add : a .bat in the archive to generate the mission for populars islands)

-Fixed : Name field for unit, vehicle, empty vehicle, object, the name will return the object for futher manipulation of the GM

-Fixed : Name field for group, the name will return the group for futher manipulation of the gm

-Fixed : Init field, it should apply to all object and unit of a group

-Improved : Logistic list scanning method (should not miss any Ammobox)

-Imrpoved : Object list scanning range (Wrecks and Military objects are no avalaible)

-Improved : Music listing store the last music played

-Improved : Mission Loading information

b3986f52f0eb05cd162ee19f54c7ftt.jpg

Edited by L etranger

Superb news. I follow this thread with GREAT enthusiasm.

Downloading and testing in my VTS mission (with R3F arty & logistics, MMA script, Drapers RUM script, crB support scripts and more :) )

HI guys,just downloaded the new rc08,outstanding work!!!

just some questions:when i plant in IED, i set in his init callthisobject ied(i don't remember the right command) i have only the option to defuse it,but it explodes only if i shoot directly at it,i've read that it needs something noisy,i've tried abrams,cars,humvee,motorbike but nothing,how can i set an IED that explode if someone run or pass with a vehicle too near?

i would like a step by step guide if possible because with the one provided in the menu vts i'm not able to make ied explodes when a convoy pass near to it.

second question:l'etranger looking at the pic you posted seems possible to load vehicles and walk inside c130 cargo bay?am i mad or is it possible? if yes can you explain me how to reproduce this feature?

Thx in advance for helping and keep up the good work

1 - IED should explode if something is moving to quickly near it. The scanning refresh rate or the detection radius should be tweaked higher i guess.

But from my test, i was working ok. Not arming all the time, but enough to surprise you.

Try running around an IED and see how it explode.

2 - It'is the static c130, foundable in the object section

Great minds do think the same!

I had the IED script for a while now on MCC Sandbox. It's amazing to see how at the end we all come down to similar conclusions (IED activated by fast move, save & load, synching exc.)

I think one day we should all combine forces and make the ultimate tool ;)

Always good to see a new release of VTS.

this is a really really really nice mission. very useful to test weapons

I'm working on a new feature simply called VTS Store (turnable on/off).

It should allow players to use money to buy vehicle, weapons, and magazines.

This should help game master to run rpg coop campaign.

shay_gman
Thanks for the comment :) , i just watched MCC video and i feel like we doing the same thing ^^ Edited by L etranger

I'm working on a new feature simply called VTS Store (turnable on/off).

It should allow players to use money to buy vehicle, weapons, and magazines.

This should help game master to run rpg coop campaign.

Thanks for the comment :) , i just watched MCC video and i feel like we doing the same thing ^^

Whoohoo! That would be absolutely great, L'etranger...I sometimes host a "rpg-like" VTS ARMA2/OA game on my LAN for my local group where everyone plays 'in-character' and are (manually) granted additional resources depending upon how well they do. I strongly encourage you to continue with the work, and I will be happy to give you feedback on how it works. Thanks!!!

WIP After two evening :

9bdc5225396bb3f3f296f049f7322tt.jpg

Need to implement the balance and tweak stuff around there.

Balance will be Sided (West Money, East money. etc...)

Gamemaster will be able to set an ammount of balance at the begining of the mission and to select what items can be buyable (locked / unlocked to player).

The shop allow player to buy and sell everything that is interactive in the game.

I am having troubles getting an IED to be set.

The command help file is not helping much. I am doing "BAF_IED_v1" call vts_isIED; but nothing happens. I have been playing around with this for over an hour and nothing is working.

I am having troubles getting an IED to be set.

The command help file is not helping much. I am doing "BAF_IED_v1" call vts_isIED; but nothing happens. I have been playing around with this for over an hour and nothing is working.

at last i managed to make those damn ied working, if correctly set you have to move near them with a vehicle not too fast(because of refresh rate) then they explode.

remember to set the command in the init of the object and not in the lower menu'.

my suggestions is to fix a littlebit the refresh rate and make the ied blast more powerfull.

Edited by Zio Sam

If you use the function [] call vts_isIED from the commandline. You must pass the object name. To set a object name, you must fill the name field before you spawn the object (i'll work on a way to set an object name post its spawn). Then you can use the commandline [NameOfObject] call vts_isIED .

my suggestions is to fix a littlebit the refresh rate and make the ied blast more powerfull.

The IED behaviour has been tweaked a bit for the next version. IED has 3 different blast, they are random on activation, ranging from medium power to very powerfull.

Edited by L etranger

Have been tinkering with VTS and other goodies. It's a large file but requires no addons.

T for computer, 0-0-8 for RUM assets, MMA console scripts enabled, Lurchi's AC130 in action menu and much more. It's still a little buggy but I love it.

Thanks again L'etranger for keeping the work on this !

http://www.rapidshare.com/files/436114562/Krem_vts35_oa_rc08.Takistan.pbo

PM me if you find ways to make it even better ... I'm not a scripting guru like L'Etranger ... I just glue things together !

36e0c1b3adee89a2323b8628a5e96tt.jpg

New version : VTS 3.5 RC 09

RC 09 change log :

-Add : VTS Shop

-Add : vts_isShop function (anything alive/notdestroyed, can be a shop)

-Add : Side Balance. Each side has its own money, GM can change it at anytime

-Add : Kill every units *radius (kill or destroy any soldiers and vehicles in the selected radius)

-Add : Shop mission params (1 - Initial team money, 2 - Items availability, 3 - Items unlock method)

-Add : Night moon light (full, none)

-Improved : IED are now more reactive

-Improved : Load/Save , now store Balance and Unlock list

-Fixed : Players shouldn't see a rabbit anymore when using GM use 3D move tool.

Edited by L etranger