Sign in to follow this  
169th_Rabbit

Arma2 1.05 Server on CentOS 5.4 64bit?

Has anyone run into issue on CentOS 5.4 64bit when running an 1.05 server? Mine takes forever and a day to load and when it finally does it only shows up in local and as soon as someone joins I get a Segment Fault error and the server crashes. I will post some pastebins in a bit with my configs and the logs but so far after 4 days I am stumped and need some help.

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

Ok well I got the server to stay online when people join but everyone gets stuck at waiting for host now. The server also is still taking about 5 minutes to load.

---------- Post added at 08:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 PM ----------

Ok here are some pastebins of my config.

arma2.cfg

http://pastebin.com/m7a2c6963

profile.config

http://pastebin.com/m3acb0d65

server.cfg

http://pastebin.com/m400e3825

I used these when I ran this server in windows 2k3.

Server specs are:

Intel Q9550

DDR 2 1066 8gigs

nVidia 8400GT

Net: Fios 20/20

Edited by 169th_Rabbit

Your configs and the profile file looks OK. Could you tell us a bit more about the OS, arma2 server and general setup?

1) What does "uname -r" say?

2) Is SELinux active and in enforcing mode? What does "/usr/bin/sestatus" show? (BattlEye does "things" that SELinux protects against, one solution for which is to turn off enforced SELinux mode. OTOH, you don't have BE enabled...)

3) What is the output of "dmesg" just after a reboot (pastebin this, since it's a lot of text)

4) Do you have the firewall rules in CentOS set up alright, ie are you letting in traffic on 2302-2305/UDP?

5) In the server's BIOS setup, what is the SATA controller set to? AHCI or "Legacy IDE" (or similar)

6) What modifications, if any, have you done to the arma2server startup script?

7) Do DNS name lookups work? (Try "host arma2pc.master.gamespy.com")

8) You mention a FiOS setup. How is the server physically connected? Ethernet wire from the server to a router of some sort and then onto the fiber?

9) What about the FiOS router firewalling/port forwarding (if applicable)?

Edited by Killswitch

1) 2.6.18-164.11.1.el5

2) /usr/sbin/sestatus = SELinux is disabled

3) http://pastebin.com/m4c2b40b3

4) I use APF and BFD for my firewall stuff and all the UDP ports are forwarded correctly. (This uses iptables but its a more manageable way to use it.)

5) My Sata is set to enhanced.

6) The only mods I have made are where the files are located.

7) DNS works fine: arma2pc.master.gamespy.com has address 207.38.11.182

8) The server is connected via cat5e to my router.

9) The server is in a DMZ on the router as I use iptables and APF for all my firewall stuff on the server.

Edited by 169th_Rabbit

Thanks for the details! Everything seems to be in order...there's one thing though - I notice that the machine loads the sky2 driver. I remember that thing from my old job - we had a workstation with an onboard Marvell E8053 network adapter, and we just couldn not get it stable with the sky2 driver. (Strange dropoputs, kernel oops messages and whatnot). IIRC, we tried the alternative "sk98lin" driver aswell, but in the end, the onboard ethernet was disabled and replaced with a proper Intel card (e1000 driver)

Worth trying: set up the elrepo repository, then install and use the kmod-sk98lin driver and switch the ethernet card over to that driver. (Stage 2 would be to find another LAN card and try that instead).

Other than that, I'm stumped - everything seems just dandy with your setup. How does the ArmA II server log look when the server is started? It should be clean with only these three lines:

WATCHDOG (9208): [Mon Jan 25 07:39:40 CET 2010] Starting server (port 2302)...
7:39:55 Dedicated host created.
7:39:57 Host identity created.

(The time stamps will differ, of course)

Edited by Killswitch

so I got it working but now I cant see any of the missions. First I got an error saying it could not find my mission in MPMissions because the folder was renamed to mpmissions when the install script was run. After changeing that the server laoded just fine after 5 minutes and I was able to connect. However none of the custom missions on the server are showing up.

All files and subfolders in the ArmA II directory have to be in all-lowercase letters. If you changed the name of the missions folder to "MPMissions", you won't see those missions.

That was the issue. All the missions did not get changed to I went through and edited the ones that needed it. They all show up now. The server still takes a year and a half to start but it runs and runs well. Thanks for all the help guys.