Sign in to follow this  
Alwarren

ACE AI Fastrope - howto?

Hi.

Before posting, I've used the search function, I really did. But that ACE thread has become too large and unwieldy to find anything useful, so I'll take the liberty of asking here.

How do I get an AI helicopter to deploy troops by fastroping? I don't want to use the addon by norrin because IIRC it doesn't work on the Mi-17, which I want to use.

Any hint would be appreciated.

It's posted in that thread a bunch. That said, I'm not too sure. I still use the norrin version because I believe the ACE2 devs don't want to make it an SP usable deal.(Unless team switch).

I think you need to load a rope from the crate and get in the pilot seat and an action menu option will appear. You also need to put the fast rope module on the map. I'm not completely sure but that's the info I just got using the thread search on the ACE2 thread.

Maybe someone else can chime in.

ACE_canFastrope = 1; ACE_RopeAttachmen - has to go into chopper's init line to enable fastroping, although I have no idea how to get an AI to do it... Maybe via a trigger which says "do action XYZ" XYZ = fastrope action, gotta ask the ACE devs how its called. :-/

Anyone know of or are working on a script to have an AI controlled helicopter with an AI chalk on board to deploy ropes? (I'm using Combined Ops and ACE) i.e. UH60 reaches waypoint which has a script that would tell the pilot or Chalk Leader (with ropes equipped) to deploy ropes. I know from testing by riding in cargo that if I deploy ropes the separate group on board would automatically fast rope. I also searched looking for the 'action' script with no luck, chalk1 action ["deploy ropes", helo1];.

I know how you feel and didnt used to realize that when you find a large thread go to the top area and use the search button for search this thread that will help you alot.

This thread seemed directly relevant to my concern, so I am posting here despite the age.

Question: What about an AI pilot with human troops? I know how to get the helo to hover, and the troops fastroping. The difficult part is telling the AI pilot to"drop ropes" so the helo can fly away and not have the ropes dragging behind it as it flies. Is there a command I can put in a trigger or a script for the AI pilot to "drop ropes?" I figure there must be one somewhere in ACE, but I cannot find it.

Thank you!

Garthra

This thread seemed directly relevant to my concern, so I am posting here despite the age.

Question: What about an AI pilot with human troops? I know how to get the helo to hover, and the troops fastroping. The difficult part is telling the AI pilot to"drop ropes" so the helo can fly away and not have the ropes dragging behind it as it flies. Is there a command I can put in a trigger or a script for the AI pilot to "drop ropes?" I figure there must be one somewhere in ACE, but I cannot find it.

Thank you!

Garthra

I think this is what your looking for.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?145151-Rast-Roping-Making-Vehicle-move-after-Cargo-is-Empty

Due to the fact that my problem is directly related to this thread, I feel it's unnecessary to create a new one.

As Sickboy said 2 and a half years ago that there was no support for AI-only fastroping at that time.

However, looking at the dev-heaven page the last comment was:

Rejected, Simple mission scripting.

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/15317

So if it is easily possible by mission scripting, how would I do so?

How do I make an AI fast rope, it doesn't necessarily have to be the ACE fast roping system, but I don't want to download any other addons (like Norrin's) to do so.

edit: Found it, it was easy indeed after alot of searching

on the bottom of this page:

http://wiki.ace-mod.net/Fast_Roping+notes

and the _unit must have the rope in their inventory but does in fact not have to be present inside the chopper.

Kind regards,

Martin

Edited by PhonicStudios