[R3F] Artillery and Logistic : Manual artillery and advanced logistic (mission script)
The [R3F] Artillery and Logistic is a mission-script system which revolutionizes the way to play about the logistic and artillery. This system permits to play in a realistic manner and fills a lack in ArmA 2.
The logistic part of the system permits to transport and to position any equipment type (ammo, static weapon, MASH, sandbag, ...) by different methods (lift, tow, load in cargo).
The artillery part of the system offers the possibility to the leader of an artillery battery to compute fire solutions (gun orientation, ...) according to the forward observer indications. Then the leader of an artillery battery can transmit the fire orders to the gunners (player or AI). The gunners orient their guns (or mortars) according to the angles of the fire order.
The two systems (artillery and logistic) are released together because they are complementary and it requires only one installation. However it is possible to disable the artillery features and keep only the logistic ones and vice versa.
- The player can carry objects and position them exactly as he wants (eg : static machine gun)
- Load/unload equipment in vehicles or containers
- A system of carrying capacity permits a realistic usage
- A large vehicle can transport small vehicles (eg : HMMWV in C130 ou motorcycle in MTVR)
- Tow equipment as an artillery piece
- Lift equipment as a vehicle, a container, an artillery piece, an ammo box, ...
- The logistic features of any object/vehicle can be disabled/enabled at any time
- An artillery command quarter which :
- is transportable (logistic system)
- provides access to a realistic ballistic computer (coordinates, adjustments, dispersion)
- permits to send fire orders to AI or player gunners (gun angles, ammo type, ...)
- serves as source of ammunition for artillery pieces nearby (100m)
- An interface when you're aboard an artillery piece wich permits to :
- read the azimuth and elevation of the gun (or mortar)
- consult the fire orders
- reload the ammo if an artillery command quarter is nearby
- Intuitive in-game interactions (understood in 10 minutes with the demo mission)
- Easy installation of the two systems, with a guide step-by-step
- The vehicles and objects are automatically detected by the system (no execVM in the init line)
- Opened and compatible with addons which add vehicles, objects, guns or ammunitions
- Clearly-explained configuration files (french and english) which permit to customize the system
- Multilingual via a "stringtable" (default : english & french)
- Compatible : MP, JIP, SP
- Compatible to ArmA 2 (alone) + Operation Arrowhead (alone) + Combined Operations (A2 + OA) + ACE OA
The installation is explained step by step in the INSTALL.pdf file (in english and french). It can be easily installed on a mission and does not require a lot of knowledge in ArmA 2 mission editing.
Download the [R3F] Artillery and Logistic and its demo
You have a question/trouble ?
Use the "Search this Thread" feature before asking it twice (button at top-right of this page).
Many questions were already asked as :
- how to add the artillery computer to an object/vehicle/player ?
- how to preload objetcs at the mission start ? Check the bhaz's additionnal script : http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost....&postcount=603Code:this addAction ["<t color=""#dddd00"">Artillery computer</t>", "R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\R3F_ARTY\poste_commandement\ouvrir_dlg_saisie_mission.sqf", nil, 6, false, true, "", ""];
- how to add a new ammo type ?
- how to provide specific features to specific slot/objects ?
- how to get the island height ?
If you can't find your answer in the thread or if you think you found an issue : feel free to post about it in this thread.
TODO list :
Level of priority #1 :
- update the documentation on how to generate a pre-computed table
- add a better documentation
- add functions and templates which permit to pre-load vehicles
- add a paradrop feature
- add other ammo types WP and illumi
- add a rate of fire and delay in the fire orders
- add the BAF objects in the logistics configuration
- add an aiming system with two independant axis (apparently, no nice way in the "mission script" side)
Level of priority #2 :
- try to automatically detect the island height (seems impossible/weird)
- take advantage of the lockCargo and the future hideObject scripting command
- add an option to hide the help column on the arty computer interface
As you can see, there are a lot of work.
Of course there is no announcement about the release dates of these modifications.Changelog :
- Added : smoke shells and cluster shells (sub-munitions/DPICM)
- Added : the mortar of the Stryker MC has now the artillery features
- Added : check if the AI is really able to aim in the requested direction before firing
Older versions :
Usage manual written by the community :
tromac @ OCB : http://tromacphotography.com.au/ocb/artysops_june.pdf
spirit6 @ going4 : http://www.going4.com/teamwork/modul...howpage&pid=17