The old system was based on knowsabout-engine functionality. So if the infected "know about" a human, they will hunt it. It's too long ago that i wrote Undead mod 1, so i can't remember if you can contain them.

The new system is based upon visibility up to 300-400m and (a thing under testing) also audibility of shots. A type of infected that just stays in a location without migration is on the ToDo-List.

A new Spawn-Module type allows to specify a destination for the spawned units to migrate to. There is also a synced Spawn-Module that in order to prevent overspawning, will only respawn

if most units of the previous wave are down.

The old system was based on knowsabout-engine functionality. So if the infected "know about" a human, they will hunt it. It's too long ago that i wrote Undead mod 1, so i can't remember if you can contain them.

The new system is based upon visibility up to 300-400m and (a thing under testing) also audibility of shots. A type of infected that just stays in a location without migration is on the ToDo-List.

A new Spawn-Module type allows to specify a destination for the spawned units to migrate to. There is also a synced Spawn-Module that in order to prevent overspawning, will only respawn

if most units of the previous wave are down.

Will there be any new zombie units? I don't mean anything like special infected, but more of Arma 2's unique units (I've noticed that the current Undead mod only has civilians and the USMC, as well as a few odd other soldier types). It'd be nice if you included zombies for the other factions (Russia, Insurgents, Guerrillas) and for the DLCs (OA and such).

I've always wanted Takistani zombies :P

Due to the limitations of how the Arma2-engine allows to texture models, there are no new zombies for Undead Mod2. Undead Mod3 can manage that a bit better, it is in fact what i am currently working on.

Due to the limitations of how the Arma2-engine allows to texture models, there are no new zombies for Undead Mod2. Undead Mod3 can manage that a bit better, it is in fact what i am currently working on.

Oh, that sucks. The other changes and updates to Undead (seem to) make it worth the wait.

Hi again! I just logged back in here to tell you that I'd love to see the Undead Mod in Arma 3! I like the Undead Mod better than DayZ actually because I'm a fan of slow Romero type of zombies and not the fast ones. I remember playing with your mod and making my own missions in the editor with your zombies. Anyway, I hope you get the Undead Mod working in Arma 3 so that we can continue having lots of customizable zombie fun :D

Hi again! I just logged back in here to tell you that I'd love to see the Undead Mod in Arma 3! I like the Undead Mod better than DayZ actually because I'm a fan of slow Romero type of zombies and not the fast ones. I remember playing with your mod and making my own missions in the editor with your zombies. Anyway, I hope you get the Undead Mod working in Arma 3 so that we can continue having lots of customizable zombie fun :D

He's making this mod for Arma 3, it will be released at the same time the new version for Arma 2 is released.

I'm sure he gets a lot of attention and motivation from people telling him how exited they are and how much the mod means to them and it may be tiring, but being as I never post and really don't have much to say beyond "good job" in most cases, I have to at least say SOMETHING.

I'd like to note that I had a custom rig built to play Arma 3, not just so I could play Arma 3. Once it was announced, I imagined this mod immediately and could barely contain myself as the possibilities raced through my mind. This man is very capable and clearly very intelligent and provides us with something we otherwise would only dream of and fight for as we're forced to play DayZ with a bunch of Communist 14 year olds who aren't interested in the context, or idea behind the whole thing. This mod has provided me with the ability to shut out every other unfortunate reality in life and focus on something that consists purely my imagination with my own story and my own intent. It provides us, as players and fans, with a fluid base to create an endless foray of mindless fun, or story driven action whether we share it or not. And I'd like to say thank you, and applaud Charon productions as he works tirelessly to bring us what we dream of. It says a lot when a mod designed by one motivated dude is enough to pull me away from loading 230 grain hardball into the thousands of .45 ACP shell casings I've compiled since I was such a young man. I like to shoot in real life, but sometimes shooting in virtual reality is just what the doctor order... plus infinite ammo :cool:

I'm sure he gets a lot of attention and motivation from people telling him how exited they are and how much the mod means to them and it may be tiring, but being as I never post and really don't have much to say beyond "good job" in most cases, I have to at least say SOMETHING.

I'd like to note that I had a custom rig built to play Arma 3, not just so I could play Arma 3. Once it was announced, I imagined this mod immediately and could barely contain myself as the possibilities raced through my mind. This man is very capable and clearly very intelligent and provides us with something we otherwise would only dream of and fight for as we're forced to play DayZ with a bunch of Communist 14 year olds who aren't interested in the context, or idea behind the whole thing. This mod has provided me with the ability to shut out every other unfortunate reality in life and focus on something that consists purely my imagination with my own story and my own intent. It provides us, as players and fans, with a fluid base to create an endless foray of mindless fun, or story driven action whether we share it or not. And I'd like to say thank you, and applaud Charon productions as he works tirelessly to bring us what we dream of. It says a lot when a mod designed by one motivated dude is enough to pull me away from loading 230 grain hardball into the thousands of .45 ACP shell casings I've compiled since I was such a young man. I like to shoot in real life, but sometimes shooting in virtual reality is just what the doctor order... plus infinite ammo :cool:

Currently the units are being textured (tedious process) and many dozens of issues still remaining. Even though i should be tired of it after 1000+ hours put into the zombie mods that i worked on since CZM mod, i am pretty satisfied with Undead3 so far.

If i find some time, i will make a little in-game movie.

Hello! Big Fan of your work.

If there is anything our group or any of it's members can do to help or assist with your work we'd be honored to lend a hand.

Keep up the great work!

I also have to say that after playing this mod for over three years, I still cannot find anything that is better. Thank you for your time and dedication, Charon!

Do you take donations by any chance? I would like to give something back to the thousands of hours of I spent with this mod.

I also have to say that after playing this mod for over three years, I still cannot find anything that is better. Thank you for your time and dedication, Charon!

Do you take donations by any chance? I would like to give something back to the thousands of hours of I spent with this mod.

He's surely earned donations. Shit, he's saved me money by driving my interest away from others games. That leaves more money for reloading components and firearm accessories ;). On a serious note, though, I hope our pressure isn't stressing him out. I find writing a paper on counter-narcotics strategy hard enough, even though I'm interested. I can't imagine having to deal with the same paper for over a thousand hours. So, Charon, have a drink and drink one for me too... relieve some tension.

Maybe at a later point. Glad you manage to enjoy it that long.

Here a small vid played with Undead3 opfor units, so you get an idea of how this looks like in Arma3:

Notes: Unexpected behaviour and unit placement errors are due to the fact that this is still WIP.

Looking beautiful Charon! Keep rockin' on man!

Edit: This is second thought - I have trained myself in the art of ArmA MP locality issues if you ever need a second pair of eyes for MP. I would love to help anyway I can, though I know you are more than capable of doing it too! Not trying to be rude!

Thanks Charon!

Edited by Genesis92x

Looking good matey, I particularly like the scary new zombie attack. Looks like these guys keep their eyes on the ball...

Looking great! Just by chance have you looked at the DayZero dayz mod? It has different zombie sounds or variations of zombies that really make the game more lively.

Is there any news about UNDEAD for Arma3 or new version for Arma2?

Is there any news about UNDEAD for Arma3 or new version for Arma2?

Undead3 is being worked on intensively and it has grown to a huge mod. Some features had to be added due to immersion and story-telling considerations.

Feature-complete is next week. Undead behaviour is complex and time-consuming to debug.

That's the current status. Should there be any interest, i can make a video of the features.

From my side, I dont want to take more of your time for making videos, if we are able to get mod earlier. I am very excited about it! It is great to hear that mod is in full scale development. Thank you Charon for the great news and for doing this mod!

From my side, I dont want to take more of your time for making videos, if we are able to get mod earlier. I am very excited about it! It is great to hear that mod is in full scale development. Thank you Charon for the great news and for doing this mod!

I totally agree. The game has become a bit stale for me and I have been avoiding it for the most part and I would like to see this as fast as possible, so I think he can skip the video making. The man needs a little room to breathe and we have zombies to kill. I'm sure everyone's as excited as I am. Robert Hammer's M4/M16 pack is going to be wonderful for killing these little bastards.

How is progress on the mod, Charon?

I find myself in a strange sense of deja-vu as I recall the long anticipation of the Undead Mod throughout the fall of 2009 which led to a early 2010 release.

The Alive mod

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23684 has this very nifity profile system which allows for a fully functional meta game. Basically this means that thousands of units can be on the map simultaneously without reduced performance. These units can engage one another and move and function as they would in the real game. When these units come within a certain distance of a player they are spawned into the game. Basically if the undead mod could be integrated to function with the Alive profiling module nation wide outbreaks could be simulated with limited performance loss.