Sign in to follow this  
NSX

Red Hammer Studios addons

Nice to see RHS team work so hard on EASTern technology, not many Add-on maker's take the challange because they think that mainly Russian arsenal is garbage.

So yea I support RHS team since their first day of creating damn fine Add-on's. And enjoying playing with RHS stuff even more.

KUDOS RHS TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice to see RHS team work so hard on EASTern technology, not many Add-on maker's take the challange because they think that mainly Russian arsenal is garbage.

I don't think the reason is because of this, it might be that more information is available about Western equipment, you see them more in documents and movies, and it seems that ArmA/OFP community members are mostly come from America/Europe/Australia.

Btw good to see RHS is back in the business :bounce3:

I don't think the reason is because of this, it might be that more information is available about Western equipment, you see them more in documents and movies, and it seems that ArmA/OFP community members are mostly come from America/Europe/Australia.

Btw good to see RHS is back in the business :bounce3:

From my past experience in all these years since OFP 1.0 i can safely say that in many cases the western focussed addonmakers indeed think that the Eastern stuff is just junk or unintresting.

At least that is what i often heard when i asked people if they are intrested in working with RHS.

Nice to see you guys back in action.... Just dying to know what the other projects are too :P

well if you say so, but take in mind that that "junk stuff" is working in almost all enviroments, western equipment has to catch this up somewhen... oh and low prices should catch up too.

Well I for one am from America and I love the Russian stuff... guess I'm just tired of seeing the same stuff we"here" see on television all the time. But I'm definitely glad to see someone put serious effort in Russian equipment/arms! So congrats for the work! BTW I hear that the reason Arma2 doesn't have any MiG's is b/c they couldn't get the contract or something from them but that independent makers have the ability to model one. Any plans to make some nice Russian jets?

well if you say so, but take in mind that that "junk stuff" is working in almost all enviroments, western equipment has to catch this up somewhen... oh and low prices should catch up too.

If this is aimed at me then you read my post wrong :)

I love the eastern and mainly the russian stuff but somehow find the western stuff not so intresting.

But i guess the NVA BMPs rolling through our Village in my childhood formed me a bit there ^^

From my past experience in all these years since OFP 1.0 i can safely say that in many cases the western focussed addonmakers indeed think that the Eastern stuff is just junk or unintresting.

At least that is what i often heard when i asked people if they are intrested in working with RHS.

I'm not the one you have to convince about Russian technology. At one of my workplaces (an aircraft repair facility at an international airport) we had an IL-76 parking before the hangar for about 7-10 years without ever being used or maintained. A few years ago some Kazakhstani company bought it and sent their mechanics to fly it home. Without any maintenance, they got the hydraulic system working (extended the flaps) and on the very same day they started up the engines for probation. Two days later they flew it home:eek:

I guess you won't do that with a Boeing that stands under the sky for almost ten years with the same parts, hydraulic fluid ectect...

...indeed think that the Eastern stuff is just junk or unintresting.

That might be explained by the lack of information they got on the Eastern technology. Or because they only want to shoot at Eastern stuff in the game :D

You got any plans for a Mi-26 or something similar to drop those BMDS from?

Shadow NX,

don't worry, that was aimed at western tech lovers, those who call eastern tech "junk".

Firts of all i'd like to express that i'm so glad to see you back! Those bmds look really awesome. haje just one little nitpick :), i'm not sure what were the standards for camouflaging vehicles in cccp but i think that the general rule is to not paint the rotating parts of vehicles in two colors, especially wheels like on that first screenshot. Anyway, it's really not so much important in game, so you can just ignore me :)

I can't tell you how happy I am to see the return of RHS. It's just... f*ckin' awesome! :D

And your work is incredible as always. I'm highly anticipating more work from you guys.

Thx TheSun; as the below pic shows; this happens despite what the rules may have been

example

example2

example3

The pics present a BMD in a prototype/display pattern though - which may be not subject to this rule

Edited by topas

The rules, right. :D Anyway, good luck with your projects.

Jesus, why do I find the one in your screenshot more realistic than the ones in the photo shots??? GREAT WORK!!!! :)

4d10849cf613.jpg

Here's the muzzle flash effect, that we made on BMD-2. This + recoil + cartridge ejection should boost the visual experience. :)

sweet! does any of the BMD's have the big MM cannon like the BMP3? If so I would love to see those shells shoot out the top of the BMD :)

sweet! does any of the BMD's have the big MM cannon like the BMP3? If so I would love to see those shells shoot out the top of the BMD :)

BMD-4 have a 100mm gun like BMP-3...

BMD-4M has shell ejection from the back of the turret.