Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: .paa Transparency Trouble

I think it could be that removing some faces from your building changed (fixed) the face ordering, as in the case of the BIS building not displaying every other objects from the window .PAA, those object (and the building) have sometime a small polycount.

The 1st lod of the building from Montignac (hospoda_mesto.p3d from the Data3D.pbo is +/- 2400 faces) and the barrier that disappear must be a lot less but is affected by example.

Quote Originally Posted by vektorboson View Post
    Do you use many named selections? Those take really lots of space; if you want to have slim P3Ds then delete all unnecessary named selections, which are basically all except 'zasleh' (if there is a muzzle flash) and the animated one (can't remember the name)
    No I have deleted all of those after I copied the model over, could be that, that is the reason for the size increase. Saved, deleted selections??
    STGN
    Last edited by STGN; Jan 13 2010 at 21:30.

OFP addons:SOPMOD M4's Black OPS WW4 textures WW4 reload Animation Diemaco SFW
    "The M4 is flat out the best Assault Rifle in the world...period...the end." - rgrgordo

Quote Originally Posted by STGN View Post
    No I have deleted all of those after I copied the model over, could be that, that is the reason for the size increase. Saved, deleted selections??
    STGN
    Nope; once selections are deleted, they are gone.

But so I understand: You used that M4 with iron sights as the base for all other variants, and they are all much smaller than the base?
    Is the P3d of the M4 with iron sights still big after you copied all Lods into a new file?

I can think of another two reasons:

- In case you are using the O2-version for ArmA and export it to 'old' P3d, then I can tell you that there is extra data exported (namely another uv-set)
    In that case copying the model into a new file should get rid of it

- I remember that the P3Ds of the turkish mod (the Franziska) had an inflated file size; it was because that P3D hat animation data stored and they didn't know how it came to it at all. I don't know if copying is enough to get rid of the animation data; anyway I have some code to load/store P3Ds that could get rid of it

I use OFP o2 and no I have a separate p3d which is the base addon which I copy out from that one has all the selections which I delete when I get it to the p3d which I use in the pbo.
    STGN

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123