Sign in to follow this  
Potatomasher

SP - Sting Of The Scorpion

Single player mission Sting Of The Scorpion V. 1.5

scorpio.png

Mission overview:

You are once again leading USMC Spec Ops unit in a mission to weaken enemy forces.

Molatian army warlord Dubaku must be stopped and his armys propaganda machinery needs to be destroyed.

Addons needed:

Isla Duala by IceBreakr http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8988

Molation army http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8989

Afrenian army http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9527

Known issues:

- The whole team don't fit to extraction chopper so leave the afrenian troops from the chopper.

Download links:

Armaholic mirror:

- Sting Of The Scorpion (@)

http://www.filefront.com/15567209/SOTS_V1.5.isladuala.rar

Changelog V 1.5

- Added afrenian troops to aid you in extraction.

- Extraction and afrenian assault is called by radio. So the end is easier now.

- Added couple of afrenian guides to your assault team.

Changelog V. 1.4

- Airstrike can only be called after shilka is destroyed.

- Enemies react now much more agressively. So the mission needs more tactics now.

- Weather & battlefield clearance module added.

- Changed mission starting point and added border crossing by truck at the start.

- Some small changes.

Edited by Potatomasher
update

Simple and Fun, played 2 times, love the air bombing suport, but for me after completing all 3 objectives it stops and nobody comes for extraction. I´m using: ACE, ACEX, ACEX_SM, ACEX_PLA, CBA, WARFX1.3, Mercenaries v5.0, some islands, CAA1, OAC.

Simple and Fun, played 2 times, love the air bombing suport, but for me after completing all 3 objectives it stops and nobody comes for extraction. I´m using: ACE, ACEX, ACEX_SM, ACEX_PLA, CBA, WARFX1.3, Mercenaries v5.0, some islands, CAA1, OAC.

I'll look into it. It worked everytime in the editor. Atleast they showed up...

God i hate the chopper pilots. I mean in this game. ;)

If they ever manage to show up then they fly around shooting enemies even though i have issued hold fire. Jesus they are stubborn people. It seems only time it works is when there are no enemies in near landing zone.

UPDATE:

Now filefront link updated. Armaholic later too.

Changelog V1.1

- Fixed extraction

Edited by Potatomasher

You should set a hq comunication option of extraction after the objectives are done, or maybe none pick up at all just finish the mission :)

You should set a hq comunication option of extraction after the objectives are done, or maybe none pick up at all just finish the mission :)

Naah. Our HQ has so modern hi-tech equipment that they see when the enemy COM vehicle black out so they know when to send the chopper. :D

Easy mission you dont need to call CAS. :p

Only AI units got stucked in terrain...

...and yes it would be better if the player can choose his stuff from the gear menu before starting SpecOp missions.

I could not get and extraction with version 1.1. The helicopter just circled above for a minute then left.

I can't get the medic to heal me in this mission. He heals the others in the squad if I command him. Maybe it's just the AI screwing up.

You can also take out the AA with the air support request. Not a big deal, but the point probably was to take out the Shillka before you could order in CAS?

I didn't think about picking up an AT weapon of the dead millitia(if they have any?) before I went up to the AA objective. Maybe add a AT weapon to one of the squad members?

I could not get and extraction with version 1.1. The helicopter just circled above for a minute then left.

I can't get the medic to heal me in this mission. He heals the others in the squad if I command him. Maybe it's just the AI screwing up.

You can also take out the AA with the air support request. Not a big deal, but the point probably was to take out the Shillka before you could order in CAS?

I didn't think about picking up an AT weapon of the dead millitia(if they have any?) before I went up to the AA objective. Maybe add a AT weapon to one of the squad members?

Yes the extraction is tricky now with strange AI behauviour. The helo engages enemies even though it's ordered to just open fire and not engage them. If there are no enemies nearby the helo lands like it should. I can make the helo land 100% everytime, but then it won't shoot at enemies and very likely get's destroyed. That's what happened when i tested it with Hold fire behauviour.

Medic healed me after yelling couple of times. AI just takes long time before they react to orders.

Yes you can use CAS as many times as you wan't. Even to take out Shilka. This way it won't be to hard for some who don't wan't to sneak up. And those who wan't more challenge can use the satchel charges. You know there's demolitions guy in your team.

---------- Post added at 09:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 AM ----------

Easy mission you dont need to call CAS. :p

Only AI units got stucked in terrain...

...and yes it would be better if the player can choose his stuff from the gear menu before starting SpecOp missions.

You didn't used CAS even once ? Cool. :) You're just too good.

I never had AI stuck in terrain in this map. Namalsk is much worse in that.

Mission updated

Changelog V.1.2

- Gear selection now at startup screen

- Tweaked extraction chopper waypoints a little more

Ty mate, keep up the good work, last night was fun in the last part, before the extraction lots of enemy tried to ambush me so i laser marked and they become dust lol!

I get a ctd when starting the mission. Then it says invalid crewmember civilian.

Try not to use any other mods like ACE or civilian mods and try if that helps.

---------- Post added at 07:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 PM ----------

Ty mate, keep up the good work, last night was fun in the last part, before the extraction lots of enemy tried to ambush me so i laser marked and they become dust lol!

Originally i was trying to get feeling of some sort of Platoon movie scene like where the Elias and his team are extracted just in a nick of time. But i noticed in a hard way that that is something very hard to do with this AI. One time it wen't like that and i was extracted just when the bullets start to hit the helo and i was happy. Next time it wen't all wrong.

What is difference between waypoint behauviour OPEN FIRE and OPEN FIRE & ENGAGE ?

To me they are the same. Helicopter pilot don't follow the waypoint in OPEN FIRE behauviour instead he goes on his private war. Goddamned. :D

I just want that the pilot would open fire during landing, but not divert from waypoint. Is that too hard or am i just noob in editing...

Edited by Potatomasher

You are not alone with this problem, i was playing today this mission: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9127 and the problem is the same with the pilot in the part of hostages rescue, everytime i play that part the pilot do something "odd", sometimes he engages, sometimes he crash in the mountains, sometimes the remains still in the air, don´t know if this AI issue is ACE or patch 1.05, think i will try with other AI MOD like SLX or GL4 to test more.

Mission updated

Changelog v1.3

- Still some extraction tweaking

- More enemy troops here & there

- Another custom song added

tried but it has something wrong...my squad is unable to change weapons once mission is started and the truck is useless there,also it finished in a strange way:I didnt destroy the last target but it said "well done!!"????

tried but it has something wrong...my squad is unable to change weapons once mission is started and the truck is useless there,also it finished in a strange way:I didnt destroy the last target but it said "well done!!"????

Now after the update you're supposed to change gear in "briefing room" before the mission starts. You can't pick weapons afterwards.

You're not supposed to use that truck so i locked it. It's truck that "lifted" you in mission area. It's there just for eye candy nothing more

By last target you mean the "com" BMP ?

If yes then i'm surprised because the extraction chopper shouldn't come pick you up until it's destroyed.

Awesome mission! Thanks for your time in making missions we can play!

Mission updated

Changelog V. 1.4

- Airstrike can only be called after shilka is destroyed.

- Enemies react now much more agressively. So the mission needs more tactics now.

- Weather & battlefield clearance module added.

- Changed mission starting point and added border crossing by truck at the start.

- Some small changes.

Thanks for the update Potato

You're welcome.

btw. armaholic mirror isn't yet updated so use filefront before Big updates link.

Enemies behave pretty cool now. Just had an incident where my team was 100 meters back from my position holding position when enemies suddenly opened fire with RPG. My whole team blowed sky high. I was the only survivor. :)

Edited by Potatomasher

Mission updated. Now you need the afrenian army addon in this mission.

Changelog V 1.5

- Added afrenian troops to aid you in extraction.

- Extraction and afrenian assault is called by radio. So the end is easier now.

- Added couple of afrenian guides to your assault team.

Edited by Potatomasher

whats mercenaries 5.0?