Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: Arma 2 addons in GTA4 wtf

Arma 2 addons in GTA4 wtf

i was just lookin for some stuff for GTA4 whan i came a cross this lot i think you lads at Bohemia Interactive need to have a look at this lads

http://www.gtainside.com/en/download.php?do=cat&id=358
    Albert Einstein

{We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” But a Big Gun Help's }

that site is terrible.

A lot of the models are just shown author BIS /EA etc most have e-mails like haxx0r1989

I had a quick look at the helicopters, but also the planes seem to be ripped from FSX and all manner of sims/games.

Maybe in Germany you can host stolen files? (Doubt it)
    The Arm II and Arma III Airforce is being prepared, fuel have been checked, systems checked....

(Faint Roar of engines in the distance)

previews and movies of addons past/future and present on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/user/eblevinda

ya id been have a look at tham all i just had to bring this up for Bohemia as we all know what thay r like for the work thay do as i say i was just lookin for some mods for gta4 whan id seen tham so i just had to pass it on to tham to let tham know that some one as been hackin the game files

It's not like this community is ripping models/sounds/textures/whatever, right?

Let 'em have their models. It's not like their making a profit.

That site is so disgusting!
    Even more disgusting are the people,
    who like that like the one above.

6.   Click here to go to the next Developer post in this thread.   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by dmakatra View Post
    It's not like this community is ripping models/sounds/textures/whatever, right?

Let 'em have their models. It's not like their making a profit.
    are you sure?
    last time i checked advertising on websites was still way of income like any other...

also MLODs or ingame models BI provides are available only for BI games anything else could be considered IP theft ,
    guess people laterly don't read even short license agreements ...

I'm not saying it's not technically theft, I'm just saying why bother? It's just a free time modder. If BI would go in with the legal hammer, what kind of signals would that send out? Especially considering that several of OFP/ArmA/ArmA2 mods are doing IP thefts as well - music, sounds, models, and other resources. I don't know about you, but to me that sounds like hypocrisy.

8.   This is the last Developer post in this thread.   #8
    Please contact me directly regarding such issues in future, I will try to get them taken down.
    Please do not PM or Email me directly about your CD Key issues, follow the guidance in this thread instead.