Sign in to follow this  

Royal Netherlands Army (Dutch Army)

Version: 5.2

By: Aeneas2020

====================================================================================================================

Special Thanks To/ Contributors: Binkowski,Dimitri_Harkov, Raven DK, Enad, Animal Mother, Dasquade, Ardvarkb, Eki, Robert Hammer, DDAM Mod

and finally the dutch community

====================================================================================================================

OFPEC Tag: A2020

Let me just add here a HUGE thank you to the contributors especially those people who let me include their work in a dutch.pbo to stop there being

required addons! You guys rock!!!!!

Edited by Aeneas2020

Nice job Aeneas! :D

You're really doing a great job putting a lot of countries ingame. Keep it up :)

Thanks not perfect yet but I made these really for buzz, still some work needs to be done but i'll get 'em there.

Your awesome!

You just keep creating these high quality addons like its nothing!

Please keep up the awesome work! :)

Good work Eaneas2020! Nice looking units. Are you consider to make some sf units(hint)? thx and looking for some nl clan 2 am from holland

lol the plan is right now, for me to take a break, but in the mean time i will work for fixes on these guys (and maybe 1 more nation to round out my plans again just a reskin nothing fancy). Once that is done i plan to do replacement packs and keys etc (been too lazy to before) and release as a euro forces pack. :)

Just been playing around with those soldiers and i'm already incorporating them in a mission right now :)

The models really do look good, but i've noticed something small which looked a bit odd, which is the Dutch flag on the right shoulder.

I think it's placed a bit too high and should be put a bit further down on the arm.

Other then that, they are just amazing.

I love the Elcan sight on the LMG. It would be great if we could get some Diemaco C7's with Elcan sights mounted as well some day, and if there are going to be spec-ops, C8's for them ^^

I dont think that would be too big a job considering the Diemaco looks almost exactly like the modern M16 and only really needs a new name and the Elcan sight on top.

But maybe i'm talking out of my ass and it really is a big job, i wouldnt know ^^

Anyways, thanks again. It's awesome that we can finally play with our own soldiers over at tangodown.nl ^^

Thanks SIC...i couldn't make up my mind with the flag, its also a little blurry for my taste. I found a pic of a guy with it almost half way down his arm and some with it about mid upper arm. I just placed it kinda in a place that felt right in the end but its a quick fix to change it. As far as the C7s it's annoying i would have thought a weapon maker would have made them by now but never mind :) can't wait to try your misson.

eindelijk nederlands in het spel heel erg bedankt voor je werk

finaly dutch army guys

I found a pic of a guy with it almost half way down his arm and some with it about mid upper arm. I just placed it kinda in a place that felt right in the end but its a quick fix to change it.

If you any kind of information/photo's about those dutch uniforms,

feel free to ask, i did wear them for 8 years.

I think right now it's more of a 'shoulderpatch' instead of armpatch hehe.

I'd say it should be bit lower at the start of the biceps, or on the biceps.

You could use this pic for reference: http://www.defensie.nl/media/gvt_basisjas_opgerolde_mouwen_tcm46-101883.jpg

EDIT:

Just thought of something else, considering the combat boots.

Dutch soldiers blouse their trousers, the trousers dont go over the boots but are 'curled on top' for lack of a better description :p

A small detail, but it would make them look even more authentic i think.

You can see this on the pic i posted before too.

Dont take this as criticism though, at least not the wrong way. It's meant to be constructive to further improve your units, considering there is likely to be another update :)

Edited by SiC-Disaster

yeh no worries, no offence taken. again they're just usmc reskisns hence the untucked boots. I could always use the CDF guys to get the tucked in boots which i may do. Moving the shoulder patch is no big deal either :).