Sign in to follow this  
Dionysos

Ancient mod idea

I think it would be an nice contrast to make a mod featuring Roman, Greek, Egyptian, Norse, Persian, Oriental ancient civilisations. Imagine the possibilties, instead of blowing up a fuel station you could take part in Viking raids, fighting the Persian fleet at Salamis, slaughtering Celts as a Roman soldier, invading Israel as the Egyptians etc. Then perhaps a mythological side could be added. The player would be attacked Giants, Hydras, Minotaurs, Medusa, the Kraken, Maenads, Triton, Giant scarabs and lots more. It would be brilliant. What do you think?

yeah, and even if you get the support of hand-held weapon combat, Ancient technology to sucks! What would you rather have - A roman charriot or a M1A1 Abrams Armoured Tank? see what i mean? It will be all messed up, everquest freak

Hey hey...calm down Snype. The guy is just posting his thoughts, no need to start calling him names or anything.

Dionysos: it's a nice idea...and I think quite a few modders already gave it some thought (I know I did wink.gif), but like advocatexxx pointed out, it wont work unless you do some major rewriting on the OFP engine...and that's something you wont be doing for 'just a mod'...

Well there are hand to hand combat weapons in OFP (stroke fist and stroke gun)

And im sure it wouldnt be to ohard to make an RPG rocket into an arrow and then make the RPG into a bow smile.gif

At least its an original idea for once

yeah, there already is a javelin weapon in ofp. that could be used in the grenade throwing movement and turned into an arrow. P.S. Sorry for the bad comments, i was just saying what i thought - remember, you can't change a good war-game.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (--Snype-- @ April 10 2002,18:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">yeah, and even if you get the support of hand-held weapon combat, Ancient technology to sucks! What would you rather have - A roman charriot or a M1A1 Abrams Armoured Tank? see what i mean? It will be all messed up, everquest freak<span id='postcolor'>

verzeihung, but m16's (hell, all firearms) are handheld iirc tounge.gif

what? can you speak english please? or more grammar in your english?

Keine ursache, zeigen Sie mir bitte Irhe Papiere?

Well actually it's a bit awkward to state that firearms and melee weapons (I think that's a better name) are different, while they are both handheld, i.e. you hold them in and use them with your hands...