Version 3 is now available. (see first post for download)
Version 4 hot fix is due soon. (for CPG optics bug)
- New: Signed addon: yes
- Fixed: Rescaled all displays/resources (Monocle,Symbology,MFD) to remain the same for any Interface Size setting (small-large).
- New: Added mouse movement control for TADS camera view. (Keyboard also still works.)
- New: Added mouse scroll wheel for TADS camera FOV zoom.
- New: Added mouse left and right click for TADS camera: fixed position and target tracking respectively.
- Changed: TADS camera elevation is now relative to helicopter pitch, not horizon. (Still not accurate, but more useful.)
- Fixed: TADS camera movement is now restricted to +/-120 for turn and +30/-60 for elevation. Limitation: However tracking is not limited yet.
- Fixed: camera elevation can now move above horizon +30 degrees instead of zero.
- New: Added Day/Dark/Night FLIR pre-config modes. (None are very good, but people wanted to use it in the day too. Adjust aperture and settings in Config menu for further adjustments.)
- Fixed: Reduced MFD broken state/malfunction tolerance (by removing 'canMove' usage to aid in determining damage levels. 'canMove' becomes true even with only 0.1 damage, which is odd.)
- Fixed: Triangle radar targets are now clearer to see.
- Fixed: Some Camera Tracking menu options didn't activate.
Tip: The 0.Config menu on the TADS menu is not available in MP, to remove cheating ability of turning night into day time.
Caution: Careful with alt-tabbing out (in Windowed mode) while the TADS camera is active, since the mouse may still sometimes remain locked for that duration.
Things which didn't make it into this version:
- CPG TADS camera: With the new ability to use the mouse for the TADS camera, I'm trying to find a way to replace the CPG optics camera with the TADS camera, in order to provide more functionality for the CPG. Not sure if it's possible yet or whether it just needs a secondary camera mode. Primary concern is whether the weapon orientation can still be controlled via scripting.
- More helicopters: I did some tests with using this addon with other helicopters (eg: KA-52) but currently there are some minor incompatibilities, so that test version is delayed for now. You'll likely see it as a separate test-only version soon.
- Firing Modes: I did a lot of tests with using the available firing modes (AH-64D has 7 modes for the 3 weapons), but they appear to have no benefit and are just messy to use for now, so that was disabled for now.
- CPG Optics: I tried replacing the AH-1Z Cobra gunner optics with another one, but I didn't want to modify the base class at this stage, since that may affect other addons. Since BIS didn't provide a new custom image overlay, it makes me suspect the "real one" is part of OA...
- Joystick mappings: Will investigate this in future.
- Firing System: Still looking into how to improve this, if possible. There are 4 cases to handle: [player pilot, AI CPG]; [player pilot, manual fire/no CPG]; 2 players; [AI pilot, player gunner]. I don't think there's a solution without new commands.
There are so many hurdles as you go, it's frustrating.
I've found no commands to:
- detect if manual fire is on.
- determine current firing mode (even if just for local client player vehicle)
- set or get current target lock.
- set weapon dir
- determine daytime sun stage (night/dawn/day/dusk) or even light levels.
- preprocessor command to: get __AspectRatio__ (and not even an in-game command), which is crazy.
- headDir (head looking direction)
- check line of sight (that work reliably for all models anyway. i.e. 'intersect').
Apart from LOS, these were all very simple to implement requests from the Arma 2 wishlist. I can't understand it.Anyway, have fun with this version. No major updates for a while now.