Sign in to follow this  
domiS

long lasting mission concept

I have a concept i would like to make or be made.

Idea:

Think of a mission that will last for hours on hours, even days (real time).

A "mission" that can be used on different ways, flexible.

Walking threw forests gives you cover for choppers, but the risk of walking straight into a patroling squad makes you paranoia, and have to watch behind every tree. Even escaping from an firefight could be the only way of surviving incase enemy calls for reinforcement.

The compass and map have to be used to make the best route threw the map without running out on open fields exposing yourself.

Finding a safe spot to rest and wait for nighttime before proceeding threw the next part of the map(e.g let your computer be on some hours while your doing other things without going out of the game).

ACTIVITY:

- Patroling choppers

- Troops patroling all over

- units patroling

- camps with activity

MAP:

- Large map such as Chenarus or Panthera

FRIENDLY (PLAYER)

- You are alone or have more a small patrol squad with you. (this can be selected before starting up the misson)

MISSION OBJECTIVE:

for example;

- None, just survive or kill as many as u can

- Start from one side of the island and get to the other side where u can picked up by boat or chopper.

- Attack and ambush enemy camps

ect ect..

Look at this SP mission (or coop mission) as an platform for making different missions.

My mission making skills are not that good, but im working on it!

I guess someone with more knowledge could make this better than me. :)

Like the idea?

Sounds like a cool idea, theres a few things here that have this concept already somewhat.

Evolution mission has your patrolling choppers and planes.

you can setup the mission with a selectable side missions like evolution does where you click on missions and a list shows up and you pick what type of mission you want and then the mission spawns the mission somewhere on the map.

for Arma 2 not sure if there are some features out but there for Arma there was DAcs which would if i remember correctly would spawn random patrols in areas.

there is also

kronzky's Urban Patrol Script

http://kronzky.info/ups/index.htm

this would be very useful for the idea, and theres a version for Arma 2.

the way this works is the area you want patrolled is marked by a marker which acts the patrol area. the marker is has a name, and each inf or armored squad even air units could do this, have a code in their init line that tells them to patrol the given name of the marker.

as for an entire island with units or armor on it, its very possible but my worry is the possiblity of so much lag that to many units will render your game unplayable so for that idea we could have something where when you enter an area that a squad of infantry is spawned or created and starts on a patrol which there is a script for such a thing somewhere on the forums, that way every area is triggered, and when you walk in it it can only be triggered once, cuz you dont want to go back and the same group is there after you killed them.

hope that helps for ideas.

Isnt this exactly what the ambient combat module does? Generate battles, patrols, small missions, etc, as you wander the map.

But it doesnt work in multiplayer if I remember correctly.

@jasonnoguchi

Doesn't that sound like the dynamic campaign that already exist?

I dont find such a campaign for ARMA2, only ARMA1. link me pls ;)

@Günter Severloh

Evolution mission has your patrolling choppers and planes.

I think Evo is only mp, but ill do some more research on it!

kronzky's Urban Patrol Script

http://kronzky.info/ups/index.htm

this would be very useful for the idea, and theres a version for Arma 2.

Great! This is a good asset! Ill take a look into it

Remember the point with this "mission" is not to encounter enemies around every corner of the map, but enough units you dont know what to meet at every corner ;) I think with the Kronzkys module, its in the right direction

@Murklor

Isnt this exactly what the ambient combat module does? Generate battles, patrols, small missions, etc, as you wander the map.

But it doesnt work in multiplayer if I remember correctly

Interesting, havent seen this before, thanks

I´d suggest you wait for DAC 2.5/3.0 -> it covers all the features kronzky´s script has and also adds a tremendous amount of others...

Sounds good, thanks for the tip!