Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Javelin Use and Hard Difficulty

Javelin Use and Hard Difficulty

It appears that the Javelin is quite useless in the hard difficulty in single player and multiplayer. There has been quite a few times trying to shoot a tank in muliplayer and finding that eather the Javelin hits a unintended target that i couldnt see it was locked on. or just Flys thought the air. Is there any other way to tell if you have a confermed lock on the target other then in the easy setting for the game. Because at the hard Difficulty setting it seems its a hope shot because one can not get a confirmed lock on of a target.

Also, is BIS plan on fixing this problem so the people who play on Hard difficulty are able to get a confirmed lock with out having to shoot and hope.
    Thanks

Jesse

No other way. I am hoping BIS makes weapons lockon box independant of the crosshair setting. For now, my launcher of choice is the Metis.
    My System:
    Core I5 750 OC to 3.33ghz, Asus P55 Turbo Mobo, 4gb Kingston DDR3, 4gb USB2.0 Flash, Sapphire HD4870 1gb CCC 9.11, 500gb SATA2, Win XP pro 32bit, Pilfius voice recognition, Betop Force Feedback Joystick, TrackIR 4 Pro, Microsoft IME 3.0 gaming mouse, WolfKing Keyboard
    My Mission Series:
    Operation Iron Fist series , experience the realities and cruelties of war 股指期货

There is one thing you can do, use the space button to open the quick command menu. Then you will see what the missile is locked on to. You will then have to close the menu before you fire, and hope that it is still locked on when you shoot.

Not very practical, but until this issue is fixed there is nothing else to do.

The Official ArmA2 Pied Piper richiespeed13's Avatar
    Forgive me if I am missing something, which i probably am, but what about pressing tab?
    My Youtube
    Feel free to add me on Steam!

I did some testing in the editor, and I could not switch between targets with the tab button, neither when the menu was open nor when it's closed.

Maybe it has something to do with my settings, but it would seem that tab does nothing in this case.

tab does nothing for javelin

The Official ArmA2 Pied Piper richiespeed13's Avatar
    Oh, for me i am always pressing tab with the javeline, it comes up with the same circle and square as in an aircraft. From there the missile will never miss unloss the lock is broken somehow.

Which mods do you guys use? Or are you all on default settings? I have never had an issue with the javeline personally, so it's interesting to know whats going on here!

You don't have to press tab with the Javelin, it locks on automatically when you aim at a target, at least it always has for me.

It's just that when you have the crosshair option turned off (which is the default setting when you play at higher difficulties), you can't see the lock box, unless you press space and open the quick command menu.

I always point the Jav at a target and hold down the right mouse button while tracking. Before 1.02 it sometimes didn´t lock up, however, after that it manages to strike the correct target in 9 out of 10 attempts if the line of sight is reasonably clear.

What would be awesome though would be an actual Javelin Aiming interface... that´d be one feature I´d like to see in Arrowhead.

Isn't right mouse button just "reveal target", that is, report a target to your AI teammates? I doubt it will make any difference in locking on. As long as you see the lockbox, you're locked on.

I totally agree that it would be nice with an actual Javelin interface, that should have been in the game from the beginning.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast