Sign in to follow this  
jw custom

co06 - Drug Enforcement Operations: Poison Ivy(ACE / Isla Duala / UKSF)

co06 - Drug Enforcement Operations: Poison Ivy

iA8T191ygtI

Changelog:

v1.0

-Initial release

Info:

Uses BIS first aid system.

ACE stamina system disabled.

Required addons:

ACE 2

Isla Dual v0.99

UK: Special Forces

Situation:

Your team has been assigned to raid a fortified drug nest and a drug lab in attempt to drive the druglords out of the area.

Download v1.0 from filefactory:

-> DEO: Poison Ivy

Download v1.0 from Armaholic mirror:

-> Drug Enforcement Operations: Poison Ivy Co-06 (@)

Edited by JW Custom

Thanks for the missions, will try it out now ;)

---------- Post added at 09:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

It's giving me the following error :

UKSFMSKD_UNITSPEC is missing. I did install the required mods, did i mess it up somehow? :eek:

UKSFMSKD_UNITSPEC is missing. I did install the required mods, did i mess it up somehow? :eek:

Probably because you have version 1.0, you need version 1.1.

Here's a link: http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?game=1&cat=addons&id=1150

JW are you using just Ace2 sounds or do you also have HIFI in there as well?

I was using VopSound in the video, ACE sounds gives me problems :)

Thank you JW - That did the trick. I can be silly sometimes :o

Thank you JW - That did the trick. I can be silly sometimes :o

No problem, i know all about the mod hell :p

Started this one out and it seems like fun CQB mission. :) However the grass is set to NORMAL or HIGH? And it lags the crap outta me. I play grass on LOW unfortunatelly but it makes the map really smooth.

Maybe you could make a chooser at start? Would be sweet anyway. Thanks for the hard work mate. ;)

EDIT: CQB was the BAD BOY mission i think sorry. But maybe the grass is the same in this?

Started this one out and it seems like fun CQB mission. :) However the grass is set to NORMAL or HIGH? And it lags the crap outta me. I play grass on LOW unfortunatelly but it makes the map really smooth.

Maybe you could make a chooser at start? Would be sweet anyway. Thanks for the hard work mate. ;)

EDIT: CQB was the BAD BOY mission i think sorry. But maybe the grass is the same in this?

Are you talking about the "Objects detail" setting?

I don't think it's mission depending but maybe host/server depending like view distance :confused:

If there's some setting i can add to my missions let me know!

Are you talking about the "Objects detail" setting?

I don't think it's mission depending but maybe host/server depending like view distance :confused:

If there's some setting i can add to my missions let me know!

Hey thanks JW. I think the lag i had in your Poison Ivy was the number of enemies tbh. But "Terrain Detail" is what changes the grass. I opened your mission up and added "SetTerrainDetail 25" to your INIT.SQF. However i dont really know if thats what you really do lol. But i think it worked. However then its always set to that instead of having the ability to choose.

But many missions you can at start or in-game choose Grass detail from OFF to VHIGH (like domination). The grass can be a killer for many people. Im looking for any info on how to make it a menu option - if i find it before you ill post it.

Last thing. I noticed you added your weapon first and magazines second in every unit (init box). In ArmA1 adding magazines after the weapon you had to reload at start as the weapons were empty that way. Placing magz first and the weapon after made them loaded at start. Maybe its changed in ARMA2. Havent tested properly yet. :)

Alex

But many missions you can at start or in-game choose Grass detail from OFF to VHIGH (like domination). The grass can be a killer for many people. Im looking for any info on how to make it a menu option - if i find it before you ill post it.

Thats because the View Distance and other settings are "forced" by server and with a lot of people having performance issues the mission author(or someone else) added a menu where you can adjust these settings client side.

When your hosting the mission it's your settings on your computer thats "forced". It's not the mission telling the settings but the host/server :)

P.S. for me it was "Objects detail" that made grass less dense!

Edited by JW Custom

Not true mate. I cant change the grass in MP. ;) Never could unless there is a menu. With your mission its NORMAL (i think - standard), and its too much for my poor system.

Oh hang on. "When hosting...". Ah ok. So i have to tell the one that is hosting to run LOW on terrain detail then?

Not true mate. I cant change the grass in MP. ;) Never could unless there is a menu. With your mission its NORMAL (i think - standard), and its too much for my poor system.

Oh hang on. "When hosting...". Ah ok. So i have to tell the one that is hosting to run LOW on terrain detail then?

Yes as long as the mission got no client side settings which mine doesn't.

I will look into using such menu for future mission though :)

Good stuff JW. I only had a few minutes to go through and it was a nice action packed mission. The AI weren't super either which gave me time to regroup, readjust, and kill. I haven't finished it (I died then had to go to bed), but I look forward to getting through this with some friends.

Awesome mission!

We played it with 4 guys lastnight and we all ran into this error.

No entry."bin\config.bin/cfgweapons"