Stagler

@ SAS Task Force Black Campaign

uksf.jpg

@ SAS: Task Force Black Campaign

by

Stagler

An 8 mission campaign following the actions of the SAS Task Force Black as they attempt to track down and eliminate a fundamentalist terrorist group in Chernarus after the US intervention.

After playing Sick1's excellent seal team six missions. I thought why should the US get all the clandestine action in Chernarus?

Action-Stealth style single player missions with a small British Special Forces squad conducting counter insurgency operations in Chernarus and Podagorsk and supporting regular British units and US units on operations.

Installation: Place the campaign pbo file into your campaigns folder in the ARMA 2 directory

Notes:This campaign does no way relate at all to the real life activities task force black who were conducting counter insurgency during the Iraq war 2003. It is all fictional garnished with a little bit of action game storytelling. It isnt meant to be entirely realistic and is more for people who enjoy stealth missions such as Sick1s campaigns and Call of Duty.

There are lots of addons, sorry, but there isnt a cohesive british forces addon at the moment.

Credits are to all the addon makers who made it possible for me to make this. Sick1 for the insipriation and help on making it, Aeneas2020 for letting me see his units earlier and the FDF team who made the beautiful Podagorsk.

I would also like to thank Draper for his air support script.

Thanks to Aeneas2020 for that picture.

UPDATE VERSION 1.5

v1.5 Download

ARMAHOLIC Download

Changelog

I have removed dependencies on all weapon packs. This only requires now :

Extra units and vehicles by Mushroom

Desert Mercs by Schnaps

SJB SAS by Jackal

FDF Podagorsk by FDF team

GIG_SCUD by Drew

RAF Chinook by Smiley Nick

Any problems or bugs. PM me.

Required Addons:

(http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6421 extra units and vehicles by Mushroom,

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6471 desert mercs by Schnaps,

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=92748 SAS by SJB,

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8791 FDF Podagorsk by Goeth,

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6232 RAF Chinook by Smiley Nick,

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8495, GIG_Scud ported by Drew)

Edited by colonel stagler
  • Thanks 1

Sweet looks good. You know the funny thing is that i started making campaigns in hope that other people would also. It's much more rewarding to play other peoples work than your own. I'm gonna have fun with this. Thanks. ;)

Edited by Sick1

Im downloading this now. As a british person and a big fan of the SAS it will be a pleasure to try this out

Edit: The campaign does not load, it crashes my pc on the arma 2 menu when it asks you what difficulty you want to play

Edited by Archamedes

Really? It worked fine on mine and my mates pc. You getting this problem as well sick1? Archamedes have you got all the addons installed mate, might just be that because the first mish requires podagorsk. And are you patched to 1.5?

Can't download. Rapid share sucks. I'll wait for armaholic.

alrite it should be up by the morning so get back to me if its fucked up. its strange that though works fine on here. anyone else put there problems up here. Ill try an get me ead around it tomorow, im goin out on the lash now.

I didnt originally download all the addons because some of them are shared with the seal team six camps which i already have. But i redownloaded them all in case there was an update. I still get a lock up

sweet nice one stags getting my dl now. btw if ur using my units (and not stalkers) then I can always do some custom reskins for you if you wanted anything particular.

You may need to standby on that. I have ACE on my system and i updated to .98 today and now none of my missions are working, it locks up on the difficulty screen

I hope voice acting is british accent as well!! DOWNLOADING!! :) (downloading a ton of stuffs indeed...this is going to be a new experience again)

I think the voice acting really sealed the deal with sick's campaigns. I'll give this one a go, but I hope it has some voice in it. If not, it's still good to have good campaigns around.

:)

aeneas mate yours and stalkers are both in there i used yours for the SAS and stalkers for uksfsg pathfinders who you see about and help in a few missions. Nice one anyway mate there still great units. Is anyone havin any problems with it?

@Hawkinge : No there isnt as of yet. I cant find anything to convert voice into .ogg files for free. yet, and i would need at least 5 voice actors. I just wanted to release this version to see how people liked it.

"To download this file, the uploader either needs to transfer this file into his/her Collector's Account, or upload the file again. The file can later be moved to a Collector's Account. The uploader just needs to click the delete link of the file to get further information".

I get this when try download the campaign from Rapidshare

Having problem at second mission, as the harrier drops the lgb i get CTD

edit: tried calling air support and not lasing target, still ctd

I am halfway through mission 1 and I must say that this is decent work for a first time mission maker! :) The mission itself is fun and stealth oriented. Get detected and you will use up however many mags you bring to the battle. Rambo DOESN'T WORK even if you are a crack shot! Gotta say I was challenged and I had fun. :) My team got clipped up real bad when a whole company of enemies appeared near the factory when we were detected. The few of us were down on ammo and had to make a hasty retreat and then we got systematically torn apart real quick. :)

My wishlist for future SAS campaigns:

1. british voice acting... kinda wierd with all that americano accent ahahhaa

2. a storyline

3. Give the guys UK weapons by default. Player can change if they want to. I armed my team with GPMGs and FALs when I played. :)

My wishlist for current SAS campaign:

1. Complete mission 1! ahahahhaha!

Great work, keep it up! :)

Edited by jasonnoguchi

edit : woa double post sorry

UPDATE V.1.1

@Raggis. the harrier only drops the bomb when the target is lased. so i dont know why its CTD. It may be something your end. try reloading the mission.

You could also destroy the BM21s with demo charges or a Jav. The harrier was added for coolness.

I have made an update its uploading to armaholic now. Meanwhile heres a rapidshare link.

http://rapidshare.com/files/327523771/SAS-TaskForceBlack1.1.rar.html

I know the pbo says 1.0 . Just replace the old one with the one in the rar file. Thanks

And about the voice acting . I need some chaps to do it. Id do it myself but i have the thickest scouse accent in the world. So people would be like what the fuck is he on about.

Well being as most currently serving SAS soldiers are 80% scottish that would really call for subtitles

UPDATE v1.1

Here is a rapidshare link. Its going on Armaholic now.

http://rapidshare.com/files/327523771/SAS-TaskForceBlack1.1.rar.html

Changelog v1.1

Mission 2 : The extraction chinook never used to turn up because of a botched trigger. (Thanks Wilks )

Mission 5 : The task markers were wrong and when you completed certain tasks it ticked off the wrong ones.

Bravo team never used to turn up for extraction either. They got lost in the woods. Stupid AI, anyway the extraction doesnt require them to take place now.

I know the pbo in the new rar folder says its 1.0. Its still updated i just didnt change the name so you can drag and drop it straight in without having to remove the old one. it will just overwrite it.

@Raggis: That must be a problem your end mate. Im using drapers air support script so the harrier only drops the LGB when the target is lased . Not on the marker. If theres no laser it just flies back to base. Try reloading the mission mate. Or trying the new version. You could also try and destroy them with charges or a Jav. The harrier was only in there really to help you assault the town at the end.

@Jason: As far as i know. which admittedly isnt much. The SAS use C8 Diemarco Carbines which is the canadian copy of the M4, Thats why i left the weapons default as i thought it was fitting. Theres enough UKF weapons in the weapon choosing bit in the breifing to outfit your team with L85A2s and LSWs and stuff so its player choice.

As to the voice acting i need chaps to help me with it. Id do it myself but iv got the thickest scouse accent in the world and people would be like what the fuck is he on about.

Link will be up on Armaholic by tonight i presume.

Thanks

I have found the cause of the Game freezing on the difficulty screen when you load other missions and camps and the big conflicts with ace its this addon

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8828 - UKSF Mod

By deactivating it in my launcher Arma 2 runs fine Only problem is without it you can't play this campaign

I have crash when loading mission too. I desactivated all other addons (not needed) and ACE/ACEX.

I also tried to remove brit_uksf.pbo from the Addons folder but it doesn't work.

Would be nice to see, Campaign/missions with alot of Addon's with seperate addon-pack

Mission 1 was very good although I had difficulty getting in the Chinook at the end. (shot the pilot in then end and flew it! :))

Second mission crashes to desktop when loading - gets about half way through loading bar then CTD.

Hopefully you can fix this as I am really looking forward to completing it!