Sign in to follow this  
Pain0815

Afghan Patrol Coop

I finished my mission over christmas and now its time to share with you.

I tried to make a realistic afghan scenario and this mission its the product.

I think its finished so far and it should be a bit diffrent every time you play.

I builded that mission to force teamwork, and avoid solo actions. So its recommented to play it with some friends or mature players.

SP & Co@2 Afghan Patrol 1.1

&

Co@10 Afghan Patrol 1.1

10th-Community Missions

5js5vk7j.jpg

Story

You and your squad are on patrol. A friendly convoy got ambushed by taliban forces last night.

Us forces took back control over the ambush site already.

Your mission is to reach the area and investigate the event. You have to get in contact with the civillian people who live in this area to figure out who cooperate with the taliban. After you found them, you have to clear them out and find any possible weapon caches in the area, to prevent any other ambushes on us convoys on this route.

Features

Soldier presets:

To avoid a team of 1 man armies, i decited to not place any weapon boxes in the map. Instead you can choose between 7 soldier classes with loadout:

- Rifleman

- Grenadier

- Medic

- Gunner

- Scout

- Marksman

- Artillery Operator (new)

All of them are already equipped, incl ace backpacks with stuff inside (some of them have backpacks not all).

Equipped vehicles:

All usable US vehicles have already standard ammo and medical equipment loaded in their trunk. Vehicles are:

1x Humvee m240

1x Humvee mk19

1x Stryker m2 Slat

Civillians:

To avoid turning the mission into a stupid shootout where you shoot anything moving, here you have to confirm targets before engage. Because there are civillians all over the place (some moving and animated ones, and some important civs too!).

Integrated settingsmenue:

by pressing "I" you can select your viewdistance and gras layer ingame at any time

Daytime and Daylenght settings:

The Admin can select Daytime and Daylenght (24, 12, 8, 2h Day)

No respawn + Ace2 medic module:

You have only 1 life in this mission, and you can use the ace2 med system to bandage and drag guys. All soldiers have standard 2x bandage and 2x morphine equipped for self heal, and the medic carry much of bandages, morphine and epipens.

There is a respawn if you dont deactivate AI on empty spots, you can hop on them after dead.

If you activate KI on player-filled slots you will have disconnect protection and join in progress

Storyline:

There is a little storyline till investigate the ambush in the area. You will have find and talk to diffrent people all over the map which tell you your next possible steps. I made this to keep the players on a path through the map.

Replayability:

I tried to make as much as possible random in the mission, but the Mission itself will stay same. But enemies, patrols, sniper locations, explosive devices and stuff will be a bit diffrent each time.

7qmzrfps.jpg

Limited semi realistic offmap artillery support (new):

How to use the artillery?

- Only the guy with the radio on the back can call artillery support. The Artillery Operator class is equipped with a radio, but if he dies you can pick it up and use it.

- You will need a the ace rangefinder incl battery to get the distance and the degrees to your target.

- After you got that information and a radio you can open via mouse menue the ari dialog.

zlvx5q7q.jpg

(1)

Here you can select one or more cannons for your firemission.

(2)

Here you see the shells left for this hour.

(3)

Here you need to write the target info into the boxes.

X-Ray and Yankee are your current pos.

Direction and Distance you need to get via Laser or compass & map.

(4)

Here you can set ammo type, number of fired shells per cannon, and the dispersion.

You can also add a delay to coordinate timed ari attacks for multiple cannons and targets with diffrent settings.

Press confirm to safe the firemission to a cannon or rest to delete a firemission.

You can give every cannon a diffrent mission, and time them to move with ari cover.

(5)

Select your diffrent cannons with diffrent or same firemissions and execute the misssions of all selected cannons.

Press cancel to exit screen, current firemissions will stay for the cannons so you can open again select cannons and execute.

Firing cannons are bussy and need some time to be rdy for a new firemission after and while firing.

Special thanks to my 10th-Community mates:

Bon_Inf (scripts)

&

Deasmile (Object placing)

Needed Addons

ACE2 (incl. CBA and ACE_X)

http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/ace-mod2

CAA1

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=7006

Avgani & Afghan Village

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=3525

FFAA Terrorists

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8146

10th-Community mission link

http://10th-community.com/index.php?site=files&file=49

Armaholic mirror:

Afghan Patrol Co-10 (@) v1.1

Hope you enjoy it, plz give me your feedback (positive, negative and bugs).

best regards [10th] Smithy

Edited by Pain0815
Upgrade to 1.1

Im going to give it a go in SP, hope it works ok for that.

Sweet! Glad to see more Afghan-style missions around here. Thanks! Going to go and test this.

I was palying it,but for the first task,the "investigate abush", I cannot figure out how to trigger it to be accomplished.I almost talk to every civilian,but no use,just "wheather","target"....pls tell me how......

You current Mission is always in the marked zone.

You can talk to specific persons via mouse menue. At the ambush site you have to talk to one of the soldiers to get the position of the local contact person.

The action menue dialog is: "Talk to soldier"

He will give you a name and a location where you have to find it.

This is a MP mission, no Sp (you can play alone, but thats too hard.

All the 8 players will Spawn without gear, at the backpacks you can choose a soldier class with equipment. So its recommented to play with other ppl.

But you are free to add a few AI to one of the soldiers in the editor, so you have a fully SP mission. If i find some time i will release a SP version of Afghan Patrol soon.

Edited by Pain0815

hi can you post a closeup shot of the face on the soldier to the left gesturing with his hands?

Pain0815,thanks.It's really a good mission.I like it. It really cost me and my two mates quite a lot time to accomplished it. one pity is the map is small.I'd suggest you RANZI, which is much bigger and also Afghan Terrain based.

hi can you post a closeup shot of the face on the soldier to the left gesturing with his hands?

Common ACE lmg gunner. Just put down one in the editor and you can look at him from all sides. Or play the mission and visit the first abush site, hes the left of the 2 talking soldiers there.

I know razani too, a few mates of the 10th are building missions on razani atm. I will maybe build a similar map like afghan patrol on avgani. And then i will wait for arrowhead. (i hope they have much civi models in arrowhead, because for the afghan patrol civs there where only 3 models avaiable without getting unrealistic.

Did you like the new equipment system? It avoids "ubersoldiers", the loadout is restricted to the class you play. So you need to cooperate and communicate with your squadmembers to be efficient.

Edited by Pain0815

Hey Pain,

I tried this mission with GL4 and the Zeus AI addon and have to say you did one hell of a job on this one. I tried it on my own to see how it was and got raped big time, especially with the above-mentioned addons running. I tried hiding behind walls but they kept coming from all sides pinning us like trapped rats. The AI soldiers were peeking around walls and stuff trying to suppress the incoming legions of OPFOR, but it was no use. Eventually all the RPGS and machine gun fire got me and the friendly AI and we failed big time. I never had so much fun during a mission like this one!

I really liked how you added the civilians and had where you talk to them to get information. It really made the mission feel truly alive and life like. I was also really glad to see how you had the equipment system for each role. ACE offers so much, that you tend to get tempted to be Rambo, which seriously ruins the fun. Really well-executed and feels realistic to what you should carry for that particular role. Nice!

Overall I'll give this a big fat 10. I enjoyed it that much. I hope that you will come out with more similar missions in the future for us to enjoy. Great job, mate. Keep it up! You got a fan rooting for ya for sure. :)

-John

HIFI FX Team Member

Gald you enjoyed the mission.

I will try to implement a script for a limited realistic (more or less) off map artillery support which a friend is scripting atm. And i will take a look on avgani for a similar mission maybe or wait for arrowhead.

As is said, alone its a bit to hard, but with some guys there should be some dense urban firefights and rooftop shootouts happen with lots of cover.

So the next (and last i think iff bugfree) version will have:

-realistic artillery support (limited and ajustable)

-a additional 1-2 ppl coop variant with little AI fireteam each and a updated 3-12 ppl coop variant

-limited soldier classes

-maybe a new soldier class

If someone have ideas, this is the time to come with it...

Plz dont suggest player controlled tanks, choppers or planes because the map is to small.

p.s. if someone want have one or all of the scripts i used with readme and example mission then i can give you the sources.

- ingame settings menue for viewdistance

- fully ajustable ace compatible Soldier loadout presets (incl preset equipment copy and paste example mission)

- and the ari later maybe

there are more scripts avaialbe like a revive script but its not in my mission.

They are very simple to put in any mission and make configs in them.

Edited by Pain0815

Coop 3-10 Afghan Patrol 1.1

&

Coop 1-2 Afghan Patrol 1.1

As promissed here are the next versions of Afghan Patrol.

I splitted the map in a small and a big version so you can play with much friends on the big version

and alone or with 1 more + ai squad each on the small one.

New features:

limited realistic offmap artillery support

New soldierclass: Artillery Operator

limited soldier classes

10 Player support

How to use the artillery?

- Only the guy with the radio on the back can call artillery support. The Artillery Operator class is equipped with a radio, but if he dies you can pick it up and use it.

- You will need a the ace rangefinder incl battery to get the distance and the degrees to your target.

- After you got that information and a radio you can open via mouse menue the ari dialog.

zlvx5q7q.jpg

(1)

Here you can select one or more cannons for your firemission.

(2)

Here you see the shells left for this hour.

(3)

Here you need to write the target info into the boxes.

X-Ray and Yankee are your current pos.

Direction and Distance you need to get via Laser or compass & map.

(4)

Here you can set ammo type, number of fired shells per cannon, and the dispersion.

You can also add a delay to coordinate timed ari attacks for multiple cannons and targets with diffrent settings.

Press confirm to safe the firemission to a cannon or rest to delete a firemission.

You can give every cannon a diffrent mission, and time them to move with ari cover.

(5)

Select your diffrent cannons with diffrent or same firemissions and execute the misssions of all selected cannons.

Press cancel to exit screen, current firemissions will stay for the cannons so you can open again select cannons and execute.

Firing cannons are bussy and need some time to be rdy for a new firemission after and while firing.

Download link

Edited by Pain0815

Thanks for mission's, one quick thing I noticed is that the Co@1-2 version still has a 12 man team at the insertion and there is no way to give them orders etc, I hope I haven't misunderstood the briefing somewhere.

I played it yesterday with a friend, are you sure you played the 2 ppl Mission?

There you can select only the 2 Squadleaders, and you will have an AI squad at start of mission for each squadleader. It worked perfect yesterday, you are sure you didnt load the co@12?

I made a mistake i called the 10 ppl coop version co@12 instead co@10. I bet you took the big mission instead the small one by reading co@1-2 instead co@12.

I will change that in next version, because i found a few bugs yesterday, but no mission breaking bugs. only cosmetic things.

The mission itself should be bugfree.

That's my fault, the mission didn't have any bugs as far as I could see it was only the number of Ai when I spawned, when I saw only 2 people in the lobby I was expecting only to spawn in with 2 people and not to have a squad each as well, I apologise for my confusion.

Hmm i run Arma 2 with CAA1 but i still cant get Avgani & Afghan Village to work, is there a guide to how to make fix the installation. It seems to me that Avgani & Afghan Village is for Arma 1? Is it something you have to do to convert it?

Nice mission. Any chance you got the fixed avgani & afghan map? I meant the road...

Download Avgani, then put all pbo´s & bisigns together in one Mod folder (example:@avgani/addons/)

Put the mLODs folder in the addons folder too.

Then start avgani after caa1 and oac in your shortcut.

Should run. Dont use Autumn plants for caa1 btw

p.s. i cant do any fixes on the map self, sry