Sign in to follow this  
Njayjay

Arma 2 DL version extracting error. [Solved]

Hi, i've purchased this game for download from sprocket but I'm having trouble extracting the files. There files are named arma2eng_102.exe.001, arma2eng_102.exe.002 etc.

I'm getting a "setup sfx kernel has stopped working" error when I run the exe, followed by "exception EZLibError in module

Y_arma2eng_102.exe at 0000FEEB. buffer error".

Anyone had this problem?

Your best bet would be Emailing Sprocket support, although obviously as it's the Christmas holidays I can't guarantee how fast the response would be, it sounds like the download didn't finish properly and one or more files is corrupt, so could be worth trying the download again, although I am guessing, I'll skype one of my colleagues to see if they can address the issue directly :)

No reply yet to my skype message which probably means he's still out of the office.

Well ain't that just dandy, I'm trying to do the install myself on a new rig and I'm getting this error under Windows 7 x64.

I know it was a while back, but did you get a resolution?

You're getting the exact same error as above? Have you Emailed support? Have you tried running the installer in compatibility mode? I just installed Sprocket OA on Win7 64 and had no problems.

I did an online chat with sprocketidea support, of all things they suggested upgrading my audio drivers. He gave me a link to an AC97 driver which allegedly contributes to the installer crash as the installer plays a soundfile on startup immediately after extraction. Weird thing is I'm running a Creative Labs XiFi setup and the drivers are current.

Still no dice...

All sorted, one of the files failed an MD5 hash check, so re-downloaded it.

Yep that's usually the cause :)