Sign in to follow this  
-Shifty-

[Warfare] Artillery battery

Just thought I would show you guys a good way to have an autonomous artillery battery to support you during your attacks.

These are crap pictures because xfire doesn't seem to work in-game, so I used my 8.1 megapixel cellphone camera to take these.

Right so 5 steps.

1 - Buy MLRS artillery with gunners only.

2 - Park them in a neat line, exit than lock.

3 - Buy the same amount of ammo trucks.

4 - Park them in between the MLRSs.

5 - Flatten a town for fun.

DSC00128.jpg

DSC00129.jpg

DSC00127.jpg

I would fly around in an Osprey and spot targets, than mark them on the map and drop artillery on them. The highest count of kills I racked up in one strike was 23 infantry kills.

You can do this same set-up with the Russian artillery trucks (Grad).

This is an excellent way to rack up tons of money and clear entire towns for your team. When you have such a huge amount of artillery dropping on a town it's amazing the damage it does. Afterward you can carelessly walk in and capture it.

Hope this help solve your reloading issues. The trucks automatically reload the MLRSs.

I was trying to find out how artillery works in multiplayer, wasnt successfull yet. Maybe i did it wrong.

I think i have to mark artillery targets within the options>command menu am I right ? I wonder if i need a laser marker aswell, but i guess not ?

I will try artillery for sure again in the next days :yay:

You need to go into option\commanding\special. Then you hit the "Set" button and click on the little map next to it. This is where the artillery will fall. Now you can adjust the bar next to it, and you'll see the red circle get bigger. This means the artillery won't be as precise.

The bigger the circle the more artillery units you want. Because they'll only fire 5-6 rounds. Except 5 x 6 is 30 :D and that's what I watched literally flatten Gorka.

Sounds good :) thx, btw whats the maximum range of these artillery vehicles ingame ?

Btw whats up with the 81mm mortars is it possible to command them with the commanding/special aswell...that would be awesome.

edit: I did test howitzer and the artillery tanks, it works quiete cool but I have some problems with the howitzer. Maybe i did build them to close but only

half of them did shoot, at least the animation. If you drive the artillery tanks by yourself you have to be carefull cause AI switches position within

the tank and you dont see if they are in the gunner position or not...had to find out why they dont shoot, to get them back is a bit complicated with

the whole menu but after all i did find out how it works and next time i buy only with gunners not driver. I did fire just blind only with the map and could find targets hehe.

Edited by oxmox

Yep, multiple units from the same type...same goes for anti air or anti tank infantry weapons. Those should be rare, at the moment you can get spammed with missiles if you fly any aircraft lol...thats a weak point of this game..agree. But on the other hand you can command also multiple tanks or anything else...

...Which is why I can't stand Warfare, or even most PvP games which apply "any crazy nonrealistic tactics" just for the sake of winning.

Well in none warfare games it is similar sometimes, every infantry player can equip what he wants i.e. missiles aswell and play the anti tank rambo or anti air when he want it and due to none existing penetration dmg modell you always kill or dmg the vehicles.

But arma is fun, warfare is interesting with ACE2...it has it weaknesses but its really entertaining =), maybe a more deeper realism mod could be made to avoid easy game play. I could imagine to see the reduction of the amount of certain weapons and units during the gameplay. The only game with penetration dmg modells i did expirience is Battleground Europe (the ww2 mmorpg).

Edited by oxmox

...Which is why I can't stand Warfare, or even most PvP games which apply "any crazy nonrealistic tactics" just for the sake of winning.

Anything is ok in war and love!! :D

What i'd like to see is a PvP only warfare on a smaller island.

Disagree. In a war you have a ROE to follow. Noe ROE of mine would allow "flattening a village for fun" :) In love however... :D

Well, you always have vanilla Warfare thingy on Utes - small enough? :D

I don't get your guys' problem with my technique. The U.S. used tons of these lined up in the same way during the Gulf War.

6 MLRSs is not overkill. I had 5 M119s yesterday and I would sit on that hill in Lopatino and spot targets. Got like 19 kills in one strike. Then we waited for 2 more.

It took 3 artillery strikes to clear the village. Not that there was much left of it.

Their problem is that it's not 'realist' (you wouldn't crush entire towns nowadays with arty, but in a total war who knows; even then the ratios are just screwed, a single squad wouldn't get a dedicated battery support in a total war as arty assets would be more scattered). Funny enough neither are most coop missions, at least the mainstream ones (Domination).

However, what is nice about this game is that it is highlly customizable so no one is preventing any of you of doing a more 'realist' warfare missions with limited units and loads, it's quite doable.

If I would have to 'cry' about something in warfare is the air:ground ratio, it's stupidlly broken tbh with sometimes even half a team usign aircrafts and helos, and current AA assets are not that strong if you play with advanced modes where targetting and aiming is not so easy. Same with armour:infantry but this is more even with so many AT weapons around, btw this is well recreated as modern warfare is quite deadlly to armoured units when used alone (rambo-style we usually see in a lot of warfare/pvp servers) in chernarus-like landscape and towns without infantry protection (combined arms).

What I find lacking is more teamplay in warfare public servers, that would actually even the playing field in a natural way, that and using vet/experienced mode so armour & air is not so easy to use, plus a bit of rebalance in prices and no gear respawn.

In short: just find or open servers with custom configs or build your mission and warfare will be 'better' (that's a subjective thing off course).

Edited by KNac

Check out my AA overpowered thread.

I just wasted a 3h afternoon. I can't believe I've been so pissed.