Sign in to follow this  
-ASA-ODEN

Oden Warfare Pack

OdenWarfare.jpg Edited by [ASA]ODEN
Added Thirsk and Kulima Islands

Small bump for release of "Dragon Bear Warfare" version featuring OHPLA Chinese units versus Russian Army.

Runs good, one thing though, I did not notice any enemy ai air activity

Good find LockJaw, just tried adding 30 grand to ai groups at start in debug mode and although the airsupport script runs smooth I noticed them being shot down in a hurry.

The new feature with camp guards included possibility to generate AA teams and I guess that is too much for AI pilots :p

Please try the updated 1.05b pack.

Old Bear, thanks for hosting.

Just noticed marker problems running cold warfare podagorsk on a ded.server, looking into it later today when done with the kids

Edited by [ASA]ODEN

Hi again, pack is now updated with 'Isla Duala' by IceBreakr and a new set 'Dragon Eagle Warfare' featuring PLA vs US Marines.

Happy New Year.

Hi, I like your work a lot. But with the latest release (31 dec) i'm having trouble loading the maps. The loading hangs just when you're about to enter the battlefield. I was wondering if anybody is seeing this as well since i'm having no problems with any of the other releases at all. (it happens on all islands caa1, panthera etc.)

Hi, I like your work a lot. But with the latest release (31 dec) i'm having trouble loading the maps. The loading hangs just when you're about to enter the battlefield. I was wondering if anybody is seeing this as well since i'm having no problems with any of the other releases at all. (it happens on all islands caa1, panthera etc.)

Yes, I've had some serious problems since I added PLA versions (running resistance side) but please try the one I uploaded today (serveral times in mad frustration haha)

I still have occasions when clients endup on an empty map but it seems to be very rare now (can't say I have too many betatesters giving feedback so it will take some time to kill all bugs).

Noticed today I got no artillery userActions upon buying mortars at a depot - this usually works :( hopefully this is related to the Swedish version that I guess not many use.

/soonToJumpFromABridgeOden

ODEN;1532768']...please try the one I uploaded today...

This is the version i'm talking about. I've downloaded it three times already but all of them hang on all islands, im playing the 30-12 version now which is playing very fine (love all the air action)

Found it, a small "sleep" in a less favourable place.

Links updated with a working version this time (haven't I thought so before :) ).

Next in plan is to make ai use helo insertion (like in my old ofp warfare style missions) to be able to use all of "Isla Duale". But first, a few days of Falcon 4.

Thanks a lot!

ODEN;1532923']...make ai use helo insertion...

can't wait for it! :yay:

Hi Oden

I getting error after load mission on map that something missing or was deleted - oh2_wheeled when i try play PLA versions. I played tryed in SP against AI only. Maybe i making something wrong when setting up "SP" warfare. I just selected multiplayer -> LAN -> Create new and select one unit as me and left all others as AI. I have PLA standalone pack mod enabled.

Yes, as soon as one use addon units in mission.sqm there will be that "download error" due to Warfare logic calling "activateAddons" during initialization (hard coded call into warfare2.pbo or I could have edited that).

Still, all works just fine so I guess we have to live with that little message until BIS/mr Melvin decides to open that call for us mission editors.

(activateAddons kills any listed addons in mission.sqm array for a reason I have yet to understand - cannot see any benefits whatsoever)

Thanks for info Oden. I wasnt sure if mission loaded ok after that error. Now i know for sure. :)

Release of 1.05e with AirAssault capable AI - see first post.

(I hope I didnt break too much this time)

Played one of these maps yesterday and was having great fun but they are very FPS heavy when hosting them myself. Is there anyway I can improve performance by maybe reducing some of the AI?

True nuggetz, warfare in general is perrty heavy on the computer due to all ai activity and by all means, the airborne ai (airsupport and airassault) doesn't help - I feel like airvehicles add x10 slaps on performance and this is why both are restricted to max. 3 simultaneously active at any given time.

I've already reduced this warfare to 16 slots (was 32 in pre-1.05 versions) and not sure what else to kill - maybe reducing airsupport by increasing cost or reducing max number to 2 each side. What I could do is put these limits on options for everyone to play with.

Read some interesting comments om warfare in general regarding cost of Javelin and God knows what and this felt like a good compromise to my ideas of adding an option for "Infantry Warfare" (upcoming 1.05f version) and I'll add these performance options in this version - I guess not everyone have a ded.server to play on like me :p

I'll do some performance tests next time regading playing and hosting on same machine with reduced air activity (there was a FPS counter addon somewhere IIRC?).

ODEN;1537409']True nuggetz' date=' warfare in general is perrty heavy on the computer due to all ai activity and by all means, the airborne ai (airsupport and airassault) doesn't help - I feel like airvehicles add x10 slaps on performance and this is why both are restricted to max. 3 simultaneously active at any given time.

I've already reduced this warfare to 16 slots (was 32 in pre-1.05 versions) and not sure what else to kill - maybe reducing airsupport by increasing cost or reducing max number to 2 each side. What I could do is put these limits on options for everyone to play with.

Read some interesting comments om warfare in general regarding cost of Javelin and God knows what and this felt like a good compromise to my ideas of adding an option for "Infantry Warfare" (upcoming 1.05f version) and I'll add these performance options in this version - I guess not everyone have a ded.server to play on like me :p

I'll do some performance tests next time regading playing and hosting on same machine with reduced air activity (there was a FPS counter addon somewhere IIRC?).[/quote']

Thank you a lot for this mission pack we ( SDT Italian Clan) likes your modded warfare.

There is a problem in your 1.05e there is a freeze every 15second that is really frustrating, we notice this on the chernarus cold version.

For FPS counter addon, you don't need it, to check mission performance on server you need to use the command #monitor 10 ( where 10 = 10 second)

if the server goes under 25fps this mean it's heavy loaded if works in the range 25 35 fps is ok, more is better 48/50 is the max fps that server gets.

If you run dedicated server in your machine you need a server.cfg file that include some setting and admin password so you can login and launch server and client on same machine.

a quad core machine is really needed with complex mission and sometime if some script cause lag, is not enought

We check your next release, we hope to see that the 15/sec continuos freeze will be removed.

seeYaa

;)

Hi Rubberkite, I suspect that 15s lag is due to "Fast Time" (default=On). Try to set it to off and give it another try.

This was actually removed in earlier versions due to lag like this (setDate command) but I found it worked flawlessly in 1.05 but it could be that I didn't test it in all possible environments, ded.server in particular (fast and furious with bugs - thats me I guess).

Thanks for the #monitor head-up, will try it.

I found a big bug: After a playing time of ca. 1.00h I am not able to buy infantry units any more! reason: unknown!

ODEN;1537409']True nuggetz' date=' warfare in general is perrty heavy on the computer due to all ai activity and by all means, the airborne ai (airsupport and airassault) doesn't help - I feel like airvehicles add x10 slaps on performance and this is why both are restricted to max. 3 simultaneously active at any given time.

I'll do some performance tests next time regading playing and hosting on same machine with reduced air activity (there was a FPS counter addon somewhere IIRC?).[/quote']

Actually, you know what's been performing extremely well is Civil Warfare on the Sharani map via caa1. Granted I set the capturable cities to 4 and it's been a blast honestly. I love the air support. I didn't know that was in Oden WF until I saw your latest release on armaholic and downloaded it. When I saw the AI reinforce a base with some troops via chopper I was quite surprised. Awesome work man.

On a side note, us SP people need some love too. Thanks for tweaking and improving your mods.

I have given thought of a dedicated server just to host MP maps for myself. Is it even worth it? If it were 30 bucks a month or something, I'd do it. Not sure how much a good server would cost to rent. It would only be me connecting at first. I guess I could find an empty server online too but I would like to control the content. I wonder how much better performance would be.

Updated first post for 1.05f

There are 3 new parameters where you as host/admin can set number of airsupport aircrafts/attackhelos, how many simultaneous airassault helos (not counting units RTB) there may be (for performance issues) and also an option to have high cost vehicles (c:a x3 normal cost).

A general revision of all costs has been made beside the high cost option making soldiers range from 25 (rifleman) to 700 (heavy AT) and with this the cost of specific loadouts have been adjusted as well.

AI are now able to buy/reinforce from depots.

ARTY scripts have been reworked as ai counter battery fire never fully worked in 1.05e (oops).

FastTime option is default off (lags dedicated server every 15 seconds when setDate is called)

Many thanks Oden!

Yesterday i did a 8 city battle on sahrani using 1.05e and it was awesome! I had to battle enemy infantery being dropped by helos and got harrassed by attack helos. Later on, when i was capturing an enemy camp, i had friendly A10's supporting from the sky! I even managed to hitch a ride back with my team using a AI's transport chopper.

Best game for me so far! I'm gona try 1.05f now.

On Chernarus, 1.05f is working well, on other islands it hangs on the receiving screen, looks the same issue as before!