Sign in to follow this  
SlipperyJim

No Official 1.18 announcement? Why?

Why hasn't BIS made an official announcement about the 1.18 patch? Every time you have announced a beta patch over the last 3+ years you have made separate threads. Here is the final patch, the most important one you have released, and the news is completely buried and tacked onto the end of other threads.

What are you hiding?

Most people don't even know the patch exists. There are barely any 1.18 servers because of the lack of your effort making it known that it exists.

Come on BIS, care a little about your own product.

Merry Xmas. :j:

Hi, i seen the v1.18RC (or Beta..) patch anounced in the ArmA related pages that i view, i also seen it on this forum too when it was released, maybe the servers admins don't want to use it until it becomes a true patch instead a Beta, or maybe they're happy enough with the v1.17Beta as for install the v1.18RC, BIS don't have the blame (this time) on what the servers admins do, install or use on their server; i still on the v1.14 and i don't gonna install any dirty Beta or damn RC on my 11'6Gb ArmA's install, i fear that if i do it something, all or almost everything gonna be ruinned by their latest Beta, giving me the ArmA2 FOV when im inside a vehicle as driver, or the FOV of the ArmA2 for the riflemen; wich it sucks, with the rifle pasted to the right side of your face in the same way than the pillow when you awake after go to sleep drunk like a dirty dog, when you open your eyes you only can see the pillow at your right and you've a bad taste in your mouth. Just the same as when you try a demo and you realize that you can't even do a custom face because the new "thing" sucks. BIS did an official anouncement of the v1.18RC release and is there on the ArmA's related pages that i view; i don't see what's wrong. Let's C ya

i'm not aware of 1.18 final being out, only 1.18 RC

which was announced here :

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1516045&postcount=2

it's actually flaw in newsheader at Armaholic where inside the 'text' is mentioned release candidate ...

so before demanding something take one more look on description :)

When I go to "Multiplay" in Arma, I get the message patch 1.14 is available. Strange. It would be better if everyone with a older version gets the message: upgrade to patch 1.18

I talked to one with an own server and he told me that he wont upgrade to 1.18 becauce just a few player have 1.18

On the otherside, if you upgrade to 1.18, you just have a couple of servers. Its like the question about hen and egg, what was first?

Dwarden, nice try with your link trying to make it look like it is a full thread dedicated to 1.18 but the post you linked to is just tacked onto the end of another existing thread. It can EASILY be missed.

There should be a STICKY thread with 1.18 as the title.

This is much more than a beta test. It is a possible final patch unless any major problems occur. Perhaps BIS doesn't want anyone to know about it so nothing is discovered?

As I already mentioned ALL OF THE BETA TESTS got their own announcements threads and feedback threads.

I say fork out a few pounds/dollars/euros and get Arma2, then you can troll on BluesNews about that legitimately ;) I'm just messin'.

Hi, then Jim... is your thread's name what's wrong, you should have asked for a Thread where discuss the v1.18RC or start it yourself; i couldn't start it as i've said... im still on the v1.14, the moderators could.. but they seem to have few interest on it.

Maybe as they released the v1.18RC so few time after the v1.17Beta so they may think that's pointless to start a specific v1.18RC feedback thread or yeah, maybe they don't care at all because they're more worry about the ArmA2 and the expansion pack (for economic reasons) and keep the ArmA alive and work on the last official patch, only delays their work on the ArmA2 and their profit chances. In any case and leaving speculations aside... you could start your own v1.18RC Feedback thread. I don't gonna install any Beta on my game, that's the feedback that i've for BIS or anyone that asks me about it. Let's C ya

so i just renamed 1.17beta sticky (which got link to 1.18 thread anyway) to 1.18RC

and thus this thread is closed as obsolete nitpicking